Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500158 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: June 04, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »

OBAMA SURGING TO AN INSURMOUNTABLE NATIONAL LEAD!
Yeah, and, when this poll was taken, Obama hadn't even won the primary/been endorsed by Clinton/united the party yet.

Hahaha, your candidate is pathetic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »

LOL

Here were are at a time when people are talking about an incredibly weak GOP and an almost unstoppable Obama and your candidate is only up two points. Which one is pathetic again?
Probably the one who struggles to raise $15 million a month fully 3 months after he won the nomination? Or the one who can barely manage a lead when his opponent's party is divided by a long and bitter primary? The one whose recent speech was completely out-done by the loser of the Democratic primaries, not to even mention the winner? Yeah.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »

LOL

Here were are at a time when people are talking about an incredibly weak GOP and an almost unstoppable Obama and your candidate is only up two points. Which one is pathetic again?
Probably the one who struggles to raise $15 million a month fully 3 months after he won the nomination? Or the one who can barely manage a lead when his opponent's party is divided by a long and bitter primary? The one whose recent speech was completely out-done by the loser of the Democratic primaries, not to even mention the winner? Yeah.

Thanks for avoiding his point.

We're not going to win this election...Bush's approval is down to 25%....we are being outraised...and yet the race is tied?
Yep, at the absolute low point in Obama's campaign, he's still leading McCain. Congratulations.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »

LOL

And...he's still only trailing by two points. Yeah. Thank you.

LOL

Thanks for avoiding his point.

We're not going to win this election...Bush's approval is down to 25%....we are being outraised...and yet the race is tied?
Yep, at the absolute low point in Obama's campaign, he's still leading McCain. Congratulations.

Absolute low point? The man just clinched the nomination.
...after this poll was released.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »

Tonight (Sunday), at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, Rasmussen Reports will release new polling data for South Carolina, and Texas. Additional state surveys will be released on Monday.
Awesome! South Carolina has had only one poll so far this year, and I've been wanting another one for a while now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

Gallup and Rasmussen both show the race settling into a 7-8 point Obama lead, about the margin I expect Obama to win by come November.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:00:19 PM »

Wednesday - July 23, 2008

Obama: 47% (+1)
McCain: 45% (-1)

So when McCain leads by two points in national polling, can we say that he has a chance at MN, OR, WA and ME?
No, because he won't.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 01:13:58 AM »

Obama's travel bounce has caused him to have an insurmountable lead over McCain

John McCain is always at his best when he's trailing by an insurmountable margin.
You know, people say that, and yet, he still lost by a fair bit in 2000 against Bush, and he really only won this year because all his competition 1) self-destructed by themselves or 2) split the conservative vote allowing him to win with a bare plurality.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »

Yay Montana!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

Those favorability ratings are troublesome news for Obama.
Not really, since Democrats have a significant numbers advantage. A lot of "independents" are just embarrassed Republicans anyway.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »

I wish Rasmussen would poll Indiana.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »

Nice.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »

Had the RNC already happened by this point in 2004?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:56 AM »

Is the first time Obama's been above 50% in the Rasmussen tracking?

lolpalin
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:39 AM »

Rasmussen polls in the evening (as far as I know).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »

Could be worse. Obama is still ahead, after all.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »

If McCain can't get ahead of Obama through the RNC, which should hypothetically be the high point of a candidate's campaign, then I just don't see him winning, short of something majorly changing the dynamics of the race (which is pretty much out of McCain's control).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »

If McCain can't get ahead of Obama through the RNC, which should hypothetically be the high point of a candidate's campaign, then I just don't see him winning, short of something majorly changing the dynamics of the race (which is pretty much out of McCain's control).

Rasmussen hasn't even polled the race ahead of the Palin speech yet.  Hold your horses.
Yes they have: today and yesterday's releases.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »

People do not want a good speaker. They want actual content in the speeches.
Yes, which is why Obama's speech was better.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »

Brittain and Lief are examples of those who think Obama has content. They will stick with him.

It won't stick, because many do not believe it is content.

It's why the July bounce dropped quickly.
Obama's speech had more concrete policy proposals than the entire Republican convention.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

Good. Things should start settling down now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:13 PM »

Damn why you guys hatin' on walmart. When I need cheap sh**t that's exactly where I go. Or target...same sh**t.

The funniest thing just happened. My father began his sentence "Let me tell you...that f***ing Wal-Mart is amazing"...and went on to say that "I bought you a candy bar and picked up Hot Dogs and buns...the hot dogs and buns cost less than the candy bar."

$0.57 cents for a pack of eight hot dogs...that costs less than a milk chocolate Hershey bar.

Damn stuff must be cheap out in Ohio. I don't know what you guys complain about so much.

Yup.

That said, Costco pwns Wal-Mart, for many reasons, one being that zoning laws mean that there are only two Wal-Marts within half an hour driving.

Yes for a family Costco is the obvious place to go. And you get free lunch to boot. Smiley For single people target or walmart is better.
Anecdotal observation, at least where I live, leads me to believe that lower-class people shop at Wal-Mart, while Costco is more of a upper-middle class store. Target is for hipster white people and poor Hispanic/Black people. I don't really understand why.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 09:06:04 AM »

There's probably a reason why we're not supposed to see the one day samples. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »

OH, PA, and WV!!!

Grin

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:01 PM »

Nate Silver('s model) agrees with Sam. O +2.9
Pages: [1] 2 3