Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:26:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500668 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 05, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »

So what´s bad about it ? Do you expect Obama to be ahead by 10-20% right now ?

About ten, yes.

Phil, you cannot be encouraged by that.  The issues do not bode well for the GOP this time around.  You should expect that McCain would be ahead right now considering the amount of dirt dug up about people surrounding Obama and his gaffes during the primaries.  The GE is going to be very issue-oriented and I don't think McCain can GAIN in the polls from that.  I'd like the hear your perspective on how with so many issues going against him McCain is going to be able to pick up support.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

So what´s bad about it ? Do you expect Obama to be ahead by 10-20% right now ?

About ten, yes.

Phil, you cannot be encouraged by that.  The issues do not bode well for the GOP this time around.  You should expect that McCain would be ahead right now considering the amount of dirt dug up about people surrounding Obama and his gaffes during the primaries.  The GE is going to be very issue-oriented and I don't think McCain can GAIN in the polls from that.  I'd like the hear your perspective on how with so many issues going against him McCain is going to be able to pick up support.

I shouldn't be encouraged by what? McCain being down two instead of the expected ten points?

With all due respect, you're a little too confident and naive to say something like "this is going to be very issue oriented." Sure, it will mainly be about the "real" issues as it should be. However, some of this "non important" issues still have a huge impact.

The issues may favor your side for now but who is to say that that will last? Will Obama's economic policies be wildly popular? Not necessarily. What's he going to propose when it comes to tax policy? Will people see McCain as more of the proven reformer compared to Obama? Possibly. Is the war, as unpopular as it may be, as bad as it once was? Will people be as supportive of a quick withdrawal with fewer troops dying? Who knows. We have to wait and see.

I like the position McCain is in right now. Also, remember that we need to look beyond the simple "Who is leading in popular vote?" polls.

I am confident but I'm not naive to think that this is a Democratic year.  I didn't guarantee that Obama's proposals would be wildly popular, but when McCain's policies are as close to the past 8 years as they are when the current administration has an approval rating around 30%, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think a "change" message would have more appeal. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »

I am confident but I'm not naive to think that this is a Democratic year.  I didn't guarantee that Obama's proposals would be wildly popular, but when McCain's policies are as close to the past 8 years as they are when the current administration has an approval rating around 30%, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think a "change" message would have more appeal. 

McCain will have some trouble with "connections" to the President but he has more of a "change" spin on them. McCain can point to a longer record as a maverick.

That he can, if he couldn't this would be a blowout. 

God you guys are lucky you didn't nominate Romney. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »

8 points? Crap.  If this settles until the general election, Obama is probably going to get all of the swing states, plus a couple bonuses.  Thankfully, it probably won't.

What would an 8 pt win for Obama look like?  53-45 in the PV with 2% going to others (last times that happened was Bush v. Dukakis). 

393-145 would be nice....

This isn't going to happen though. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

People still appear to be pissed off at Obama though, despite McCains ad f****try. Maybe people just have sand in their vagina.... sorry for the vulgarity, I just got up.

Don't be sorry, Americans always have sand in their vagina about something. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »

Bounce is leaving, but even with the shift, the favorable/unfavorable is stronger toward McCain.

To give you an idea of why that is, I would answer favorable to McCain.  I like him and I think most Americans do, I just don't like his brand of politics.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »

Wednesday - September 17, 2008:

General: Head-to-Head

McCain: 48% (nc)
Obama: 47% (nc)

Investor confidence has stabilized—at least for the moment--after falling sharply for several days. The economic confidence of those who do not invest was not shaken by the Wall Street events of recent days. As for the political implications, polling conducted last night shows that 49% 47% Wink trust McCain more than Obama on economic issues while 45% trust Obama.

At 3:00 p.m. Eastern, data will be released for the Oregon Senate race and at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, new results will be posted for the Presidential race in Wisconsin and Oregon.

McCain leads 58% to 38% among those who regularly shop at Wal-Mart while Obama leads 61% to 36% among those who don’t frequent the retail giant. Overall, Obama leads among those who earn less than $40,000 a year while McCain leads among those with higher earnings. Among white voters, Obama has the edge only among those who earn less than $20,000 a year and his advantage among those lower income white voters is just four percentage points

I love Wal-Mart...we have a super Wal-Mart down the road...so we can get food there, too.

How can someone love Wal-Mart?  Seriously. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 09:10:49 AM »

Yes, but it doesn't matter.

The lead was suppose to shrink, and it grew. Things will start to get really bad for everyone, all because people want to finally defeat Bush. Since they cannot defeat him, they chose to pretend someone else is him. Now, we are going to end up with the left-wing version of George Bush. Sad

Left-wing version of Bush?  Are you kidding?  How is Obama in any way, shape, or form like Pres. Bush? 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies