Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rasmussen Tracking Poll [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 500561 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 04, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »

Oh yeah! Obama beating McCain by two points! Can you people say land-slide?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 11:26:39 AM »

LOL

Here were are at a time when people are talking about an incredibly weak GOP and an almost unstoppable Obama and your candidate is only up two points. Which one is pathetic again?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:54:24 PM »

LOL

Here were are at a time when people are talking about an incredibly weak GOP and an almost unstoppable Obama and your candidate is only up two points. Which one is pathetic again?
Probably the one who struggles to raise $15 million a month fully 3 months after he won the nomination? Or the one who can barely manage a lead when his opponent's party is divided by a long and bitter primary? The one whose recent speech was completely out-done by the loser of the Democratic primaries, not to even mention the winner? Yeah.

And...he's still only trailing by two points. Yeah. Thank you.

LOL

Probably the one who struggles to raise $15 million a month fully 3 months after he won the nomination? Or the one who can barely manage a lead when his opponent's party is divided by a long and bitter primary? The one whose recent speech was completely out-done by the loser of the Democratic primaries, not to even mention the winner? Yeah.

Thanks for avoiding his point.

We're not going to win this election...Bush's approval is down to 25%....we are being outraised...and yet the race is tied?
Yep, at the absolute low point in Obama's campaign, he's still leading McCain. Congratulations.

Absolute low point? The man just clinched the nomination.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

LOL

And...he's still only trailing by two points. Yeah. Thank you.

LOL

Thanks for avoiding his point.

We're not going to win this election...Bush's approval is down to 25%....we are being outraised...and yet the race is tied?
Yep, at the absolute low point in Obama's campaign, he's still leading McCain. Congratulations.

Absolute low point? The man just clinched the nomination.
...after this poll was released.

Everyone knew he was going to be the nominee by the time this poll was conducted. Give me a break. And don't tell me this was the "absolute low point" in Obama's campaign. Complete nonsense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 02:05:43 PM »

So what´s bad about it ? Do you expect Obama to be ahead by 10-20% right now ?

About ten, yes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 06:19:21 PM »

So what´s bad about it ? Do you expect Obama to be ahead by 10-20% right now ?

About ten, yes.

Phil, you cannot be encouraged by that.  The issues do not bode well for the GOP this time around.  You should expect that McCain would be ahead right now considering the amount of dirt dug up about people surrounding Obama and his gaffes during the primaries.  The GE is going to be very issue-oriented and I don't think McCain can GAIN in the polls from that.  I'd like the hear your perspective on how with so many issues going against him McCain is going to be able to pick up support.

I shouldn't be encouraged by what? McCain being down two instead of the expected ten points?

With all due respect, you're a little too confident and naive to say something like "this is going to be very issue oriented." Sure, it will mainly be about the "real" issues as it should be. However, some of this "non important" issues still have a huge impact.

The issues may favor your side for now but who is to say that that will last? Will Obama's economic policies be wildly popular? Not necessarily. What's he going to propose when it comes to tax policy? Will people see McCain as more of the proven reformer compared to Obama? Possibly. Is the war, as unpopular as it may be, as bad as it once was? Will people be as supportive of a quick withdrawal with fewer troops dying? Who knows. We have to wait and see.

I like the position McCain is in right now. Also, remember that we need to look beyond the simple "Who is leading in popular vote?" polls.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

I am confident but I'm not naive to think that this is a Democratic year.  I didn't guarantee that Obama's proposals would be wildly popular, but when McCain's policies are as close to the past 8 years as they are when the current administration has an approval rating around 30%, I don't think it's too far-fetched to think a "change" message would have more appeal. 

McCain will have some trouble with "connections" to the President but he has more of a "change" spin on them. McCain can point to a longer record as a maverick.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »

An 8 point lead? Nice. McCain is getting obliterated right now.

Tomorrow's election is going to be a bloodbath!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:36 PM »

By the way, your candidate is still losing.

Yeah. Five months left. Forget it, guys. There's no way it's happening.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 12:04:18 AM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

You really help our cause, Mike.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

They prefered doing drugs, taking up liberal causes, and trying to talk to our enemies.

You really help our cause, Mike.

I'm not gonna stand back and play the whole "let's be pc" game. I am allowed to speak my mind freely on the issues, and after his snide remark...I had to say something.

"Prefered doing drugs," Mike? Come on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »

Wednesday - July 23, 2008

Obama: 47% (+1)
McCain: 45% (-1)

So when McCain leads by two points in national polling, can we say that he has a chance at MN, OR, WA and ME?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »

Wednesday - July 23, 2008

Obama: 47% (+1)
McCain: 45% (-1)

So when McCain leads by two points in national polling, can we say that he has a chance at MN, OR, WA and ME?
No, because he won't.

Ha! Ok!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 01:14:30 AM »

Obama's travel bounce has caused him to have an insurmountable lead over McCain

John McCain is always at his best when he's trailing by an insurmountable margin.

Sorry, there's no Rudy to implode for him to take all his support in this race.

It was a bit more than that.  Wink

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet, my friend. Any candidate can implode.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 09:14:32 AM »

Friday, August 1, 2008

General: Head-to-Head

Obama: 45% / 47%, including leaners (nc, -1)
McCain: 43% / 45%, including leaners (nc, nc)

This race is over. Where did the McCain campaign go wrong?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Obama: 45% / 47%, including leaners (nc, -1)
McCain: 43% / 45%, including leaners (nc, nc)

This race is over. Where did the McCain campaign go wrong?

Better for Obama wage a civil and dignified campaign, and lose, than stoop to McCain's level in a vain effort to win

Dave

Translated from official DNC speak to something normal - "Ugh, why isn't Obama up by more than two...er...make that one point?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 02:11:05 PM »

Sunday - August 17, 2008:

Obama: 44% / 47%, including leaners (+1, +1)
McCain: 42% / 45%, including leaners (+1, nc)

which is better than yesterday

Somebody is nervous...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

I can't wait until we get the poll out of ND.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 02:16:28 PM »

I can't wait until we get the poll out of ND.

i imagine youre expecting a substantial mccain bump?

I'm expecting the Obama hacks to wake up from the fantasy that they have a serious shot there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 03:02:28 PM »

Obama has in the high single digits of campaign offices in N.D., while McCain has none.

I make no pretense that that will swing enough voters to overcome a 14-point gap in a state that always votes Republican, but it's interesting nonetheless. We're going to see what happens when a campaign works a state it should have close to no hope to winning.

Ok so the only argument there is that Obama is being foolish and McCain is being smart? Ok.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »

Excellent news
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »

Remember when most people were saying, "Oh, yeah, this lead will be gone by the weekend (yesterday and today)."...?

Now it's, "Well, if it is still around by next week then it is serious."

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 04:42:17 PM »

If Mccain is still leading by the time of the debates he is probably leading for real.

"Probably leading for real?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »

If Mccain is still leading by the time of the debates he is probably leading for real.

"Probably leading for real?"

Mccain most probably still has a bounce. When and if it will melt away is the question. No point arguing here phil, we will find out soon enough.

We're not even talking about him having a bounce now. You said it he's ahead by the time of the debates then it is "probably" a real lead. How is it not definitely a real lead if he's still up a week from now?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 12:41:59 PM »

Dear god, Phil is going to get annoying if we get a PA poll where they are tied or something.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I stick around when times are tough on me. You'll have to learn to do the same.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies