2004 VP candidates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:45:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 VP candidates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 VP candidates  (Read 30077 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: November 23, 2003, 09:39:02 PM »
« edited: November 23, 2003, 09:47:34 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

I agree with what's been said on Edwards and Clark. Two very obvious choices, especially for someone like Dean.

I don't think Gephardt's pride would allow him to run as VP, but then of course you never know. Either way, he could actually garner more votes in the South than Clark or Edwards.

Bob Graham did his chances nothing but harm with a severely haphazard bid. Before his Presidential campaign I would have figured him along the favourites for a VP slot, but now he's just some crackpot has-been to most people.

Other names which I think are worth mentioning: Joseph Biden, Chris Dodd, Dianne Feinstein. Maybe Moseley-Braun too.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 05:30:48 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2003, 05:33:25 AM by Michael Zeigermann »

If Sen. Edwards comes from behind and becomes the Democratic Nominee for the Presidency, perhaps he would choose Howard Dean as his running mate.

I doubt Dean would go along with that. It would be way too humiliating for him, going from being the "anti-establishment" candidate and the Next Big Thing, to playing second fiddle to someone approved of by the party mainstream.

I also think that those Democrats who support the likes of Clark and Edwards would rather be stuck in a lift with Don Rumsfeld than have any affiliation with Howard Dean.

But since we're talking Northern liberals, how about Biden or Durbin? Or even John Kerry?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies