Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate  (Read 12451 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »

I would love Jindal as VP.  Piyush Jidal doesn't sound at all Arabic.  I think most Americans can tell the difference between Arabic and Indian names (or maybe I'm giving most Americans too much credit).  Besides, the few people who will take the B. Hussein Obama thing into consideration would vote for the "terrorist" on the bottom of the ticket rather than the top.

you are.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 01:42:17 AM »

Jindal would have been Governor for over four years now if it weren't for racism.

Agreed. Comparing the 2003 Gubernatorial map to the 1991 Gubernatorial map and seeing all those counties in northern Louisiana that voted for both David Duke and Kathleen Blanco makes it reasonably clear.

Same goes for Ford in Tennessee, of course, regarding racism. Not that it was the primary reason for his loss (Tennessee is just a fundamentally Republican state at the federal level now) but given the margin of his defeat (less than Jindal's in 2003) it clearly was enough to decide the election on its own.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »

Sarah Palin.  it won't happen but it would be a bold move.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2008, 10:09:17 PM by Torie »

Just why are Palin or Jindal qualified to be President at this point in time again?  To be perfectly honest, I am more qualified than they are to be president at this point in time. Really!

As a sidebar, Jindal believes in "creationism," which is off-putting. I just don't trust creationists. I think they have defective reasoning powers. I just do.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »

As a sidebar, Jindal believes in "creationism," which is off-putting. I just don't trust creationists. I think they have defective reasoning powers. I just do.

Thie guy is a bio major too. But he did say it during a debate so perhaps it was a pander? Scary that actually helps you get elected. Says a lot about the state of this country.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

Thie guy is a bio major too. But he did say it during a debate so perhaps it was a pander? Scary that actually helps you get elected. Says a lot about the state of this country.

Also, Jindal is only 37. He's just over half McCain's age and would probably be the youngest person to ever appear on a presidential ticket.
politicaltipster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 05:37:02 AM »

Not that it will happen, but, Ford Jr would be a better choice than Jindal. It's obvious that Ford does not particularly like Obama and that I guess he probably realises that if Obama wins, after Lieberman is removed from the caucus he will be next target of the Kosssacks. Having Ford on the ticket would steal a portion of Obama's base (both in demographicaly and in terms of age), grab moderate Democrats, piss off the nutroots in both parties and be the clearest way to dissasociate himself (and prevent) from the sleazier side of GOP operations.

Of course, I'm talking about a 500/1 longshot and in reality Ford will probably grudgingly endorse Obama while keeping his fingers crossed for a McCain victory and making sure that the Tennesse Dems and the DLC don't overly exert themselves during his election. Ford will also be looking to being on the ticket in 2012 and making a good case for being Hillary's or Warner's running mate in 2012. I think Jindal (like Palin) would be both groundbreaking and appproved by the 'base' but the point is that McCain doesn't need a generic candidate, or even an 'approved' candidate, he needs to demonstrate his independance from the GOP - and to that extent Lieberman is the best candidate.

However, if McCain were to choose a generic Republican Condi Rice would be his best shot. It's a pity Collin Powell isn't more hawkish, or that he was less sympathetic to Obama, because he would have also made a good running mate.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 05:48:15 AM »

However, if McCain were to choose a generic Republican Condi Rice would be his best shot. It's a pity Collin Powell isn't more hawkish, or that he was less sympathetic to Obama, because he would have also made a good running mate.

Powell is a smart, smart man. He knew that they had messed up with the WMD's and he promptly took himself out of the administration in 04. His reputation is fine but everyone else associated with the white house has their reputation tarnished. I just wish he would have stood up more to Bush, but then again he was the odd man out in the white house.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »

I think most Americans can tell the difference between Arabic and Indian names (or maybe I'm giving most Americans too much credit). 

I doubt most Americans could locate the Middle East and India on a map, let alone differentiate between regional name differences. The American people are very stupid; hence the art of manipulating them exists within politics.

The difference between Piyush and Hussein is that one of them is a name for a certain Iraqi dictator.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 05:47:51 PM »

I think most Americans can tell the difference between Arabic and Indian names (or maybe I'm giving most Americans too much credit). 

I doubt most Americans could locate the Middle East and India on a map, let alone differentiate between regional name differences. The American people are very stupid; hence the art of manipulating them exists within politics.

The difference between Piyush and Hussein is that one of them is a name for a certain Iraqi dictator.

Yeah.  And the other one sounds like a thick, snotty, sneeze...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 09:20:52 AM »

Yeah.  And the other one sounds like a thick, snotty, sneeze...

Grin

Ah...ah...Piyush!
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari
Congo, The Democratic Republic of the

Political Matrix
E: -0.71, S: -2.17

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »

Jindal isn't white or an evangelical so zero chance of the GOP picking him.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2008, 02:31:22 AM »

Pay increases for corrupt legislators.
Creationism in public school biology class.
Forced castration of sex offenders.

Bobby Jindal is pretty much dead to me.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »

Bobby Jindal represents the worst of republican ideology.
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »

Jindal vetoed the pay raise, so would people stop posting that he didn't. And I have no problem with castrating sex offenders (well not personally doing doing it...) I don't see what the controversy is.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »

Jindal vetoed the pay raise, so would people stop posting that he didn't. And I have no problem with castrating sex offenders (well not personally doing doing it...) I don't see what the controversy is.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 11:45:11 PM »

Every single post on this thread that criticized Jindal over the pay raise (Including my post) was made before Jindal changed his mind.  When these posts were made, Jindal was still for the pay raise.

And he remains in favor of castration and creationism.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

Jindal is a sick man who should not be governor let alone POTUS.
Applezz
applemanmat
Rookie
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »

He won't be the running mate. He's too inexperienced. Romney will be. Look at my analysis on my 2008 prediction.
Albus Dumbledore
Havelock Vetinari

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:37 AM »

Bobby Jindal is the best argument against immigration from south asia there is.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »

Agreed. I recently found a link with terrifying implications (http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm). Best case scenario is that we evolutionaries are holding even & worst case scenario is that we're losing badly to the creationists. This is a truly sobering finding.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

Agreed. I recently found a link with terrifying implications (http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm). Best case scenario is that we evolutionaries are holding even & worst case scenario is that we're losing badly to the creationists. This is a truly sobering finding.

Another thing we "evolutionaries" have going for us is that a majority of college graduates believe in evolution of some kind. Since the younger generation is going to college in very high numbers, I have hope for the future. I have no problem with people thinking evolution is guided by god, well because they could be right, but it is just astonishing that we would have to debate that evolution occurs. To me it is just as much a fact as gravity.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »

Bobby Jindal is the best argument against immigration from south asia there is.

Even better than me?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:23 PM »

One of the major problems that hinders the acceptance of evolution is simply that it is not a reasurring, comforting belief.

An all powerful, benevolent, thinking creator that rewards its creations with life after death fills the heart with warmth.

The thought of our existance being a mathematical improbability where we are constantly controlled on some level by evolutionary psychology (with a noticable pressure towards some segments of the population simply not breeding and disappearing from the gene pool) and constantly lead towards an inevitable finish line where our molecules are broken down, dispersed, and recycled into peat moss just isn't as comforting, regardless of how clear the single-celled organism -> multi-celled organism -> lower-intelligence beings -> higher-intelligence beings flowchart looks.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2008, 02:23:10 PM »

One of the major problems that hinders the acceptance of evolution is simply that it is not a reasurring, comforting belief.

An all powerful, benevolent, thinking creator that rewards its creations with life after death fills the heart with warmth.

The thought of our existance being a mathematical improbability where we are constantly controlled on some level by evolutionary psychology (with a noticable pressure towards some segments of the population simply not breeding and disappearing from the gene pool) and constantly lead towards an inevitable finish line where our molecules are broken down, dispersed, and recycled into peat moss just isn't as comforting, regardless of how clear the single-celled organism -> multi-celled organism -> lower-intelligence beings -> higher-intelligence beings flowchart looks.

Yeah its the "god delusion" I guess because even if we have a creator, it is not in the form any of us can imagine. Now if people want to find warmth and comfort with belief in creationism then that is fine, as long as it is not taught in schools.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies