Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:08:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate  (Read 12593 times)
politicaltipster
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:37:02 AM »

Not that it will happen, but, Ford Jr would be a better choice than Jindal. It's obvious that Ford does not particularly like Obama and that I guess he probably realises that if Obama wins, after Lieberman is removed from the caucus he will be next target of the Kosssacks. Having Ford on the ticket would steal a portion of Obama's base (both in demographicaly and in terms of age), grab moderate Democrats, piss off the nutroots in both parties and be the clearest way to dissasociate himself (and prevent) from the sleazier side of GOP operations.

Of course, I'm talking about a 500/1 longshot and in reality Ford will probably grudgingly endorse Obama while keeping his fingers crossed for a McCain victory and making sure that the Tennesse Dems and the DLC don't overly exert themselves during his election. Ford will also be looking to being on the ticket in 2012 and making a good case for being Hillary's or Warner's running mate in 2012. I think Jindal (like Palin) would be both groundbreaking and appproved by the 'base' but the point is that McCain doesn't need a generic candidate, or even an 'approved' candidate, he needs to demonstrate his independance from the GOP - and to that extent Lieberman is the best candidate.

However, if McCain were to choose a generic Republican Condi Rice would be his best shot. It's a pity Collin Powell isn't more hawkish, or that he was less sympathetic to Obama, because he would have also made a good running mate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies