Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jindal Excites GOP As a Possible Running Mate  (Read 12589 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: June 10, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »

As a sidebar, Jindal believes in "creationism," which is off-putting. I just don't trust creationists. I think they have defective reasoning powers. I just do.

Thie guy is a bio major too. But he did say it during a debate so perhaps it was a pander? Scary that actually helps you get elected. Says a lot about the state of this country.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:48:15 AM »

However, if McCain were to choose a generic Republican Condi Rice would be his best shot. It's a pity Collin Powell isn't more hawkish, or that he was less sympathetic to Obama, because he would have also made a good running mate.

Powell is a smart, smart man. He knew that they had messed up with the WMD's and he promptly took himself out of the administration in 04. His reputation is fine but everyone else associated with the white house has their reputation tarnished. I just wish he would have stood up more to Bush, but then again he was the odd man out in the white house.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

As a sidebar, Jindal believes in "creationism," which is off-putting. I just don't trust creationists. I think they have defective reasoning powers. I just do.

Thie guy is a bio major too. But he did say it during a debate so perhaps it was a pander? Scary that actually helps you get elected. Says a lot about the state of this country.

Agreed. I recently found a link with terrifying implications (http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_publi.htm). Best case scenario is that we evolutionaries are holding even & worst case scenario is that we're losing badly to the creationists. This is a truly sobering finding.

Another thing we "evolutionaries" have going for us is that a majority of college graduates believe in evolution of some kind. Since the younger generation is going to college in very high numbers, I have hope for the future. I have no problem with people thinking evolution is guided by god, well because they could be right, but it is just astonishing that we would have to debate that evolution occurs. To me it is just as much a fact as gravity.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:23:10 PM »

One of the major problems that hinders the acceptance of evolution is simply that it is not a reasurring, comforting belief.

An all powerful, benevolent, thinking creator that rewards its creations with life after death fills the heart with warmth.

The thought of our existance being a mathematical improbability where we are constantly controlled on some level by evolutionary psychology (with a noticable pressure towards some segments of the population simply not breeding and disappearing from the gene pool) and constantly lead towards an inevitable finish line where our molecules are broken down, dispersed, and recycled into peat moss just isn't as comforting, regardless of how clear the single-celled organism -> multi-celled organism -> lower-intelligence beings -> higher-intelligence beings flowchart looks.

Yeah its the "god delusion" I guess because even if we have a creator, it is not in the form any of us can imagine. Now if people want to find warmth and comfort with belief in creationism then that is fine, as long as it is not taught in schools.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies