Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:03:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which metro areas will Obama carry the suburbs of?  (Read 28483 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: January 03, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

Oh come on, J.J.'s comment was in JUNE, a lot of places were still up in the air, especially suburbs.  I hate this stupid after-the-fact crap, it's so childish.

Take a look at whose making an issue out of it
Because one, "ah lol, JJ said it here as well" post is "making an issue out of it"?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 04:06:34 PM »

One in this thread, until you (and Alcon before, although under the wrong assumption that Red had bumped the thread.) made an issue out of it. We're talking a throwaway "lol, here too" comment - It takes a hissy to throw a hissy fit over that. (shrugs) (won't be available for further comment as this is really not worth arguing about.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »

You're right in that your original comment was aimed at several people. (yah, I came back admit that. Smiley ) But, well, the others involved were even less deserving of your hissy fit. (Oh, and the notion could be pretty safely dismissed... outside of a Republican landslide or near-landslide win. And that, in turn could be pretty safely dismissed as well outside maybe Bush and Cheney both dying in office before August 31st.)
Of course BRTD then talked back at you and you talked back at him and... oh, it's just so dreary and predictable sometimes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

But, well, the others involved were even less deserving of your hissy fit.

The only thing worse than a hissy fit is when people assume you're throwing one but, again, whatever.
Heh, maybe.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

OK fine so you basically agree with me that J. J. is a horrible analyst. You've also admitted this in the past. So why keep up the constant defense of him?

Same reason you keep up the constant dwelling on it maybe?
This sounds accurate. Smiley
NO ONE cares about your stupid vendettas with EVERY poster about completely reasonable wrong predictions from ridiculous periods of time before the event.  This one is nothing compared with the countless idiotic dwellings on singular comments from months or years ago.
Is the quote my sig a "completely reasonable" prediction?

Yes, in MAY.

Obama doing worse than basically every single candidate ever in modern history (including McGovern, Goldwater, Landon, Hoover, Cox, etc.) is a reasonable prediction at any point?

Alcon did the math, that would equal McCain getting over 70%. That was NOT reasonable in May or any month.
It was of course completely unreasonable in May as well. So? Really man. Stop the gloating.
Obviously Dems now have a tad more reason to gloat than Reps had in 2004 (bigger win, much bigger swing, and ooh yes you people did) but that doesn't make it right.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »

I'm sure the Sac metro is way larger even according to the official definition, rendering the point moot, but I was surprised to notice Obama won Sacramento County minus Sacramento city.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies