Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:48:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 299646 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:19:24 AM »

I'm so disappointed in those Jewish numbers. I really don't know what to say. I know Jews aren't racist, but the excuse for my fellow Jews is, "He isn't trustworthy, he doesn't support Israel enough!" ugh. One more demographic the Democrats have lost....
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:03:50 PM »

I'm so disappointed in those Jewish numbers. I really don't know what to say. I know Jews aren't racist, but the excuse for my fellow Jews is, "He isn't trustworthy, he doesn't support Israel enough!" ugh. One more demographic the Democrats have lost....

The reason for this animosity is racism ... but it's not the Jews who are being racist.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

I think some Jews will come to support Obama, but I've talked to some Jewish friends and many think that Obama = end of Israel.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »

Sorry, I wrote my comments late at night.... I really tried to explain it, but whatever.

My point is that among Democrats racism is not really an issue. And I really misworded my comments on Catholics. I truly did not mean to offend anyone, but I am really offended at being labeled ignorant. Until this year, I thought America had gotten over racism, but from the exit polls it seems like there is still a lot of it on the East Coast.

When I reread my comment, I was quite shocked, so please ignore it! I really don't believe that!
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »

Taxes and Iraq surprise me. I think the moral values should be closer than Bush-Kerry, considering that McCain isn't really pushing his Christian values, but these numbers are wrong.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:04:52 PM »

Obama will likely be on par with Kerry's preformance among Jews. I'd even wager he might do a point or two better if the national average is big enough.

I expect not on par, a bit worse.

Also, Bush's "Jewish numbers" went up from 19 to 24 from 2002 to 2004.  They are fluid, long term, but recently they seem be growing for the GOP.

Ew. If Jews start voting for the GOP I might just want to move to Canada... It's a long way from Jews voting for Republicans. They really hate Bush, but so many old Jewish women are upset with Obama defeating Hillary and so many Jews distrust him. I'm so frustrated with my religion.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 03:16:50 PM »

Obama will likely be on par with Kerry's preformance among Jews. I'd even wager he might do a point or two better if the national average is big enough.

I expect not on par, a bit worse.

Also, Bush's "Jewish numbers" went up from 19 to 24 from 2002 to 2004.  They are fluid, long term, but recently they seem be growing for the GOP.

Ew. If Jews start voting for the GOP I might just want to move to Canada... It's a long way from Jews voting for Republicans. They really hate Bush, but so many old Jewish women are upset with Obama defeating Hillary and so many Jews distrust him. I'm so frustrated with my religion.

Exactly.  My aunt and my grandma, who are quite liberal, say that they distrust Obama and will vote for McCain.

I am a Republican Jew from California, which kind of puts me in the minority, don't you think? Tongue

Are you a Conservative? I know that among my Reform community Obama has incredible support (and I live in Washington which already loves Obama), but I think he doesn't do as well among Orthodox or Conservatives.

You definitely are in the minority... I've actually never met a Republican Jew in person.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies