Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 300056 times)
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: 3.23

« on: August 02, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What controversy?  I want to know what you are talking about because I really don't know how you came up with that retort.

Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:24:05 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2008, 07:44:08 PM by Vsanto5 »

I don't feel ganged up on.  But yes I' am.  The earliest garfields are the best, the fattest garfield, and the slimmer garfield.  Besides my giant sig, why do you ask?

I think what goes on in people's lives are what is going to drive them to the polls, and which candidate they feel will address their concerns the best.  Not a controversy ,which Reagan never had to deal with.

I still think that Obama needs Hillary to pull in all the Democrats and then you will see the bounce that should be attributed to left leaning results in the summertime.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 02:23:54 PM »

Why are Gallup and Rassmussen opposites?  It seems when Rasmussen has Obama ahead Gallup has him tied or really close.  When Gallup goes +3 Rasmussen is -1.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »

Hmm, I must say I am baffled how his lead didn't grow with Saturday polling included.

Because, for the second time, you are ignoring natural volatility/bad sampling, and assuming that this is a flat-lined race with Obama spikes on weekends.  Also, consider rounding; it's possible, maybe likely (tendency toward the mean) that the previous result was a "weak" +5.

There may have been a higher than normal sample for Obama midweek?

Yesterday's Rasmussen poll seems to be the opposite.  If that is the case than McCain is in serious trouble.  It always seems the Rasmussen and Gallup polls are opposite of each other since earlier in the summer Rassmussen had Obama ahead and Gallup had the race closer, now Rassmussen has the race closer and Gallup has Obama outside the margin of error or within a reasonable prediction.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:44:47 PM »

If this is somehow an indication of undecided voters deciding a candidate it could prove lethal for McSame.  Plus the hurricane is going to sway some viewers from watching the RNC especially Florida voters. 
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »

I forgot that Florida voters are completely unaffected by Hurricanes unless its barreling their way. LOL

But I know people there really dont
get fazed as much by hurricanes as in Texas. We get like freaked out by such phenomenon.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »

Honestly its about time McCain lead in Gallup since May, but I think most people that said I'am voting for this guy is just to pay tribute to his service in Vietnam not to actually vote for him come November.  I think most Americans would say what is on their minds that day. 

I mean if Hillary was against McCain, I still think McCain would see a huge bounce from his convention.
Vsanto5
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 12:47:44 PM »

I concur.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies