Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:56:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 299648 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 05, 2008, 08:18:39 PM »

Nice showing with Independents and even Dems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:21:23 AM »

What the hell does that mean? "I know Jews aren't racist but those Catholics..."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »

What the hell does that mean? "I know Jews aren't racist but those Catholics..."

Just to make sure people don't assume that because they are White and they hate Obama that it isn't because of race (I hope). Catholics on the other hand are not racist at all, otherwise they aren't Democrats. Most Catholics in the Dem primaries were Hispanics who just liked Clinton. Half my family is Catholic and they all like Obama (although they are all from Hawaii). Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to get across here.

Wow, you just keep digging here. "Catholics...are not racist at all, otherwise they aren't Democrats."

Do you like living in ignorance?

If Jews and Catholics obviously aren't racist, who is? Methodists? Lutherans? Grouping people by saying the whole group obviously isn't racist is as ignorant and wrong as someone saying, "Well, blacks are obviously the criminals."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »

Landslide Obama
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 01:01:37 PM »

Saturday 21 June, 2008

Obama - 46% (nc)
McCain - 44% (nc)

Obama is running away with this one!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »

Saturday 21 June, 2008

Obama - 46% (nc)
McCain - 44% (nc)

Obama is running away with this one!

Do you need to constantly post this comment?

Yes, I do. I don't see the problem with pointing out Obama's landslide margin.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »

in the form of hawk...

Wednesday 25 June, 2008

Obama - 45% (-1)
McCain - 45% (+2)

Based on the language in the release, I suspect that it's just a strong McCain sample.  Time will tell...

North Dakota is definitley in play. I think these numbers strengthen his lead in one time swing states like North Carolina, Indiana and Georgia, as well.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:34:36 AM »

in the form of hawk...

Wednesday 25 June, 2008

Obama - 45% (-1)
McCain - 45% (+2)

Based on the language in the release, I suspect that it's just a strong McCain sample.  Time will tell...

North Dakota is definitley in play. I think these numbers strengthen his lead in one time swing states like North Carolina, Indiana and Georgia, as well.

Phil, nobody believes this race is actually tied, just as nobody believes Obama is leading by double digits. There's no need to pretend that the Gallup Tracking Poll is the only poll that exists or that it's the only one worth anything. It just makes you and your followers (like AHDuke99) look desperate.

Nobody believes that this race is tied? Oh, ok. We'll just agree that Obama is up nine points, right (since we can't have it as a double digit lead)? The only polls that are worth anything are the ones that show Obama up in Dem states and closing in on the lead in GOP states. That's your way of thinking and its popular here. It'll always be popular here. I suggest that you not waste your time ganging up on all five McCain supporters here just because we have some good news.

I love how every Obama supporter can boast about their "lead" everywhere else but we McCain supporters can't do the same.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Obama - 46% (-1)
McCain - 43% (nc)

This begs the question - Could this be the end of John McCain's campaign?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

Obama is building up a huge campaign infrastructure in the swing states while you guys dither about making sarcastic remarks about states that most likely won't flip.

Good thing I'm not in charge of running McCain's campaign.  Wink

That does remind me though...I'll start doing my part to help McCain get elected tomorrow. The Philadelphia HQs opens tomorrow afternoon and it's only ten minutes from my house. It's based right in the middle of one of those swing blue collar areas that happened to be Hillary's base in the city.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »

Obama is building up a huge campaign infrastructure in the swing states while you guys dither about making sarcastic remarks about states that most likely won't flip.

Good thing I'm not in charge of running McCain's campaign.  Wink

That does remind me though...I'll start doing my part to help McCain get elected tomorrow. The Philadelphia HQs opens tomorrow afternoon and it's only ten minutes from my house. It's based right in the middle of one of those swing blue collar areas that happened to be Hillary's base in the city.

Lucky. Our County HQ hasn't opened yet so I'm forced to go to the part-time one in Sagnasty, I mean Saginaw, and they force me to do Voter Reg. in the ghetto.

Well, my real volunteer work won't start tomorrow. I'm just going to check out the place and pick up a few things which means I have to help out a bit. I know a few of the guys running the show for McCain in SE PA so I get all the local e-mail updates. They mentioned a bunch of things to do tomorrow including putting together some lawn signs. The fact of the matter is that I need a few signs for myself and some others but can't just be an asshole, walk in, pick them up and leave.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 04:48:42 PM »

Oh, absolutely. I just wish Election day wasn't next week!

Does anyone know how former President Dukakis is these days?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »

Oh, absolutely. I just wish Election day wasn't next week!

Does anyone know how former President Dukakis is these days?

He's hanging at the Pool with Former President Dole.

Eh...I don't get if you're trying to make a point.  Tongue  Mine was that Dukakis was up seventeen points in August 1988. Everyone needs to calm down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »

Thursday, July 31, 2008:

Obama - 45% (-1)
McCain - 44% (+2)

Obama is walking away with this one.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »

Thursday, July 31, 2008:

Obama - 45% (-1)
McCain - 44% (+2)

Obama is walking away with this one.
why do you find this entertaining or humorous? 

The impending Obama landslide which will capture Montana, North Dakota, North Carolina, Indiana and Georgia is entertaining or humorous to me? Oh, so very far from it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »

Saturday, August 2, 2008:

Obama - 44% (nc)
McCain - 44% (nc)

Perfect
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »

Remember it is still summer and polls aren't going to show the real race until Sept.

Exactly. This is when Obama is supposed to be kicking ass.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

Yeah, I remember when Reagan was barely ahead during the Summer of 1980 too. Carter's second term was great.

When you read for me all of the controversy that surrounds Obama and then do the same for Reagan, I'll concede that that's a good point.

Can Conservatives please explain why an all American war hero is losing in the polls to a man with a middle name Hussein?

Because our party and the President in the White House who happens to be a member of our party are very unpopular.

Are you telling us that someone with the name "Hussein" should be ahead in the polls because of their name?

Also, the man with the middle name "Hussein" is leading by about a point or two in the polls. Not really a great lead.

Remember it is still summer and polls aren't going to show the real race until Sept.

Exactly. This is when Obama is supposed to be kicking ass.

No he's not, I think its funny, when a poll comes out that shows McCain down by 10%, you say oh its summer time things will change. But when a poll comes out with them tied, you say Oh this poll is race, Obama is going to lose because he is suppose to be up by alot. The fact is alot will change we still don't now the VPs and its Aug. We really wont now the state of the race until Sept/Oct.

Democrats traditonally lead during the summer months, Josh. Plus, it's clear that if Obama is Mr. Frontrunner, he shouldn't be ahead by just a point or two. This is when he should be kicking ass. Almost everyone with a clue agrees.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »

What controversy?  I want to know what you are talking about because I really don't know how you came up with that retort.

Whether it's Rev. Wright, Obama's own comments concerning "race" in this race, his inexperience, the fact that he's "too different" for many people, etc.

Reagan didn't have those problems. People threw around that he was an actor and that he was considered far right wing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 12:31:29 PM »

Ok, dude, get over it/yourself.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

What's the big deal? J. J. is wrong. Do you deny that? He got owned by reality, just like he was when he was screaming that Hillary had a chance in JUNE. Do you agree he was delusional about Hillary and is delusional here?

No, I don't deny it but you ride people to the point where people honestly loathe you. Grow the hell up. You have a very obsessive personality, dude. Seek help.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 01:04:08 PM »

What's the big deal? J. J. is wrong. Do you deny that? He got owned by reality, just like he was when he was screaming that Hillary had a chance in JUNE. Do you agree he was delusional about Hillary and is delusional here?

No, I don't deny it but you ride people to the point where people honestly loathe you. Grow the hell up. You have a very obsessive personality, dude. Seek help.

And so then what about you and the Obama winning Kansas thing?

You know that topic about the forum member that's like talking to a brick wall? We have a winner here!

I've said time and time and time again that I haven't been using that against Obama supporters. Others have. Accept that you are wrong with this one and move along.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 05:39:07 PM »

Say, by the way Phil anything new numbers wise out of PA concerning those catholic blue collar workers? How are the polls looking there, have htey tighened up in the last few weeks?

Call me out in the thread if you want to be a loud mouth tough guy, ok?

I have zero respect for those who start trouble, insist that they'll get the last word, finally grow up and admit that that way or arguing is immature and leave only to resurface when something goes their way.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 10:51:30 PM »

Would you like a little cheese with your whine??? By the way, the last thing I would expect you to say is that you have any respect for me or anyone who doesn't wholeheartedly agree with you.

Then you really don't know anything about me or the forum. I may be passionate in debate but I have plenty of people here that are very, very different from me with different views. Get a clue, dude.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And didn't you "prove" that before? Sounds like someone just has a hard on...

By the way, keep telling yourself that "Catholic blue collar workers" aren't a major part of the PA electorate. That comment alone is far more assinine than anything I have ever said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 01:05:45 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2008, 01:13:29 PM by Keystone Phil »

I'm going to ask one more time---What is so freakin' difficult about proving what you're saying? I'm not the one making the claim here, you are. I think you also completely missed the basis of what I said before so I'll refresh your memory: What portion of the PA electorate do "catholic blue collar workers" comprise and how much of this portion would have to swing? You can't find the statistics in question or you just won't? You're going to hear about this until you have a better answer than "get a clue" or "that comment is assinine." If it bothers you, too bad.

(insert childish last word/response below)

Insert my childish remark below? Dude, we've been through this before. You have some split personality or something because you definitely gave up on this during our last argument, claiming that you "proved" your point and that you wouldn't be childish and get the last word. So, seriously, you have some thing with me and it's not worth my time.

I don't have to prove that Catholic blue collar workers are a key voting block in Pennsylvania. You're a toolbox if you can't see that on your own. You're just being a douche.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies