Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:46:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup Tracking Poll Thread [Obama vs McCain]  (Read 299855 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: August 28, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »

That's better. It will dip next week of course. This race won't be decided for some while yet but McCain will slow and tire.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »

Unless McCain has at least a Kerry-type game changer, I think it's over for him.

You said IIRC that the debates may sway your vote (?) How do things stand at the moment?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »

This is starting to get too close for comfort again, at least in the national tracking polls.

don't worry, why would independents break for McCain after how erractic his campaign has been? 

I tend to hold to that. The race has seen, since Obama secured the nomination, Obama lead in the polls generally (minus the GOP convention bounce). A 5 point lead is actually pretty good when you look at the last two elections; even further back if you exclude the strong third party elections of '92 and '96. Besides with early voting, why would someone who had done so respond to the question 'who are you going to vote for'? Even if they did they might actually be lying. (see the UK exit poll of 1992)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »

Looking at the fact that McCain can pass away any time because of his old age, seriously can we afford Sarah Palin as our President after 8 years of Bush presidency ?

That would be terrible.  We'd have someone with limited experience in national office, isular, with no executive experience ... oh, wait.

It's who a President surrounds himself while in office with that makes him bad, good or great. While it is likely that both Obama and McCain would reach across the gap and appoint from the other party, I have yet to be given any assurrance that Palin would.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »

Now, who is right ?

Zogby ? McCain+1 ?
Rasmussen ? Obama+5 ? *
Gallup ? Obama+10/11 ?

* indicates my choice

McCain was only +1 in Zogby in a one day sample. Overall it's still Obama +5
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 01:38:58 PM »

Alright... is Gallup smoking crack, or is it everybody else?

I'll have what Gallups having Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies