Daily VP Discussion: Kathleen Sebelius (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:40:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Daily VP Discussion: Kathleen Sebelius (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Daily VP Discussion: Kathleen Sebelius  (Read 3625 times)
zombones

« on: June 07, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »

How so?
zombones

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »

I'd like to hear it because I haven't heard any good reason to not put her on the ticket.  I don't count 'HRC supporters will be pissed' as a good reason.  I want reasons against her character or positions.
zombones

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Err, why are strategic, tactical considerations not valid, 'good' reasons?  Fears of tokenism and possible backlash are both things I promise you that Obama's camp are going to count as potential downsides.  Lack of foreign policy credentials is another possible downside. 
I understand your point, but I am horribly optimistic that Obama can make the case for her, since her being a blue gov of a red state underscored Obama's unity message.
zombones

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:06:45 PM »

Has there been any poll suggesting the small section of Clinton supporters who voted for her because she is a women will not vote for Obama if he picks any woman?  I do not think they would make up anything but a small portion of votes, scattered nationally.  They would have such a small effect on the winner-takes-all electoral college.

But getting back on point, what criticisms of Sebelius' character or positions are there? 
zombones

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 03:22:41 PM »

I think that most people are not going to care that Obama picked Sebelius over Clinton in the long run.  There may be a kneejerk reaction for some former Clinton supporters, but they will vote Obama/Sebelius.
zombones

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies