Hispanics becoming the next Irish and Italians?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:53:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Hispanics becoming the next Irish and Italians?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hispanics becoming the next Irish and Italians?  (Read 802 times)
Red Wall

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2020, 02:36:10 PM »

Once they assimilated, immigration ceases to be a hot button issue and they start to align with their views in their original countries. The most conservative dem in the House being the main overperformer tells it all.

How far will the hispanic R trend go? Future swing demo like Italians and irish?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 08:57:23 PM »

First, you should treat them by nationality, not as a monolith.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 02:28:41 PM »

The predominantly Mexican and possibly Central American ones in major cities such as LA, Phoenix, and Las Vegas? Yes probably. I would say such a shift was inevitable though, especially due to current trends outside of ethnicity.

The Tejanos, Nuevomexicanos, commie bedwetter/enablers, other Hispanic Caribbeans, Afro-Hispanics, Mexicans/C.A. Latinos in rural areas and South Americans? Not really. Some of those groups will vote or swing R for other reasons, but not in the same vein as Irish and Italians did.
wallace48

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 03:40:15 PM »

Maybe. I think Democrats definitely overestimate how much salience immigration can have with some Hispanic voters. One interesting trend I've noticed looking at some historical data is that Bush in 92' only declined a little bit with Hispanic voters (and even improved in some places like the RGV and heavily hispanic parts of South Florida) while doing a lot worse with white voters, while many of Clinton's biggest gains in 96' were in heavily Hispanic areas. Along with Obama's famous improvement with Hispanics in 2012, I wonder if this is an important trend to take note of, although I do think it's that Trump 2016 was the floor for the GOP with Hispanic voters and whoever their nominee is in 2024 will do a decent bit better.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies