Name the next three U.S. Presidents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Name the next three U.S. Presidents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Author Topic: Name the next three U.S. Presidents  (Read 169869 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2009, 11:03:39 AM »

Haley Barbour (2013-2017)
Hillary Clinton (2017-2021)
Jeb Bush (2021-2029)

You know they'll be old, don't you?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »

Obama's rise still astounds me. That'd be like me retiring from the U.S. Air Force at 41, running for the State Senate, two years later the U.S. Senate, then four years later being elected President.

Whose got money on me Cheesy
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

Sarah Palin : 2013-2021
Jim Webb : 2021-2025
Trey Grayson : 2025-?Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »

Sarah Palin : 2013-2021
Jim Webb : 2021-2025
Trey Grayson : 2025-?Huh

I don't think Palin could even be nominee in 2012 after her suspicious resignation. Well, she's still "young" and may want until 2016 or 2020.

You realize Webb would be 74 in 2021?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2009, 12:06:06 PM »

to 2017       Barack Hussein (D, IL)
2017-2021  Jon Huntsman    (D, UT)
2021-??     

I don't have the Party identification wrong on Huntsman; he will have left or been purged from the Republican Party.  By 2018 the Republican Party will have gone the way of the Federalists and Whigs (or States' Rights at the absolute worst; in 1968 one of its few card-carrying members was James Earl Ray). By 2020 the Democratic Party is so unwieldy that it splits into a Social Democratic Party and a Christian Democratic Party as American politics become more ... European.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »

2021-??     

I don't have the Party identification wrong on Huntsman; he will have left or been purged from the Republican Party.  By 2018 the Republican Party will have gone the way of the Federalists and Whigs (or States' Rights at the absolute worst; in 1968 one of its few card-carrying members was James Earl Ray). By 2020 the Democratic Party is so unwieldy that it splits into a Social Democratic Party and a Christian Democratic Party as American politics become more ... European.

in your dreams Democrat.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »

2021-??     

in your dreams Democrat.

No, in your nightmares -- if you have any wisdom.

The GOP needs to develop a different coalition if it is to have any continuing relevance as a political entity. Show me the formation of a new coalition (because current young voters are not going GOP) and you just might have a revived Republican Party.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2009, 03:55:21 PM »

2021-??     

That's a good point. In most of European countries such people as Brownback, Bush, Coburn of Inhofe would be nothing more than a bunch of fringe politicians without any significance and probably out of any parliament. But in U.S. they are, scary to say, in some way mainstream.

Well, even in Poland in worst case guys like Bush, Coburn or DeMint woule be members of some very fringe, minor party as present League of Polish Families Tongue

The same applies to people like Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich or Barbara Boxer. According to U.S. standarts they are "far-left", but in Europe they'd regular social democrats.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »

2021-??     

That's a good point. In most of European countries such people as Brownback, Bush, Coburn of Inhofe would be nothing more than a bunch of fringe politicians without any significance and probably out of any parliament. But in U.S. they are, scary to say, in some way mainstream.

Well, even in Poland in worst case guys like Bush, Coburn or DeMint woule be members of some very fringe, minor party as present League of Polish Families Tongue

The same applies to people like Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich or Barbara Boxer. According to U.S. standarts they are "far-left", but in Europe they'd regular social democrats.

Hmmm... and the US is the most economically successful country at the moment and, if trends continue, will recover from this recession faster than many European countries.

Anyway, the Republicans aren't going anywhere. There's a reason they've survived 150 years.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »

2021-??     

Hmmm... and the US is the most economically successful country at the moment and, if trends continue, will recover from this recession faster than many European countries.

Anyway, the Republicans aren't going anywhere. There's a reason they've survived 150 years.
Not really...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #285 on: August 02, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

hi everyone !  im new here...

Patrick Murphy (2021-2029)

Welcome.  Where from?

I met Pat before, but that's wishful thinking.
Hillary 2016
Marienne Boudreau
Rookie

« Reply #286 on: August 02, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »

I'm from Pennsylvania and I can tell you are too.

Yes, let's think about that - in 2001, the next President of the United States LOST a congressional primary, if you go back to 1993, the second next President was a 31-year-old law professor.

I don't think ANYONE knows who the President in 2012, 2016, 2020 will be.  It could be someone that doesn't even land on the political radar right now...

I just have this gut feeling though about Al Franken.  I think he might be the nominee in 2016.  Yes, I know, President Franken?  First Lady Franni Franken?  It sounds so odd...but yet, if you told someone eight years ago in my home state of Pennsylvania that a man by the name of Barack Hussein Obama would be the President in 2008, they'd say "What the **** are you smoking?".
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2009, 01:22:06 AM »

I'm from Pennsylvania and I can tell you are too.

Yes, let's think about that - in 2001, the next President of the United States LOST a congressional primary, if you go back to 1993, the second next President was a 31-year-old law professor.

I don't think ANYONE knows who the President in 2012, 2016, 2020 will be.  It could be someone that doesn't even land on the political radar right now...

I just have this gut feeling though about Al Franken.  I think he might be the nominee in 2016.  Yes, I know, President Franken?  First Lady Franni Franken?  It sounds so odd...but yet, if you told someone eight years ago in my home state of Pennsylvania that a man by the name of Barack Hussein Obama would be the President in 2008, they'd say "What the **** are you smoking?".

Wouldn't write him off.  Pat Murphy does have potential, but I don't think it's likely.  I'm thinking he's gonna be asked to keep that Congressional seat for sometime because the GOP bench in Bucks is too deep and the Dems don't really have much of one.  I would like to see Russ Feingold.

Here's my picks:

Barack Obama (D, 2009-2017)
Russ Feingold (D, 2017-2021)
George P. Bush or some moderate Republican because me think the GOP will get their heads out of their asses by then (R, 2021-2029) 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »

I still think Chris Christie has huge potential though I admit my bias
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2009, 11:09:25 PM by Foamy the Weasel »

2021-??     

....and the U.S. is one of the fattest countries. I think our greed is a double-edged sword. If you are greedy, but  your life up, you will just be another fat ass. If you are greedy and succeed, you can hire someone to put you on a diet, or "just have the surger(ies)" and be rich AND hot. Very nice.

...back to the topic at hand. The Democrats and Republicans have about a 60% chance to survive as long as the United States Constitution isn't been overturned. That could be 50 years or even a few years. That could be 2000 years or even more. I would say that in the other 40%, it would probably be that one wing of one party that cannot be dislodged even when their leadership has caused ruin. If this happens, one party will probably start to splinter into a bunch of third parties and a new 2nd party will eventually come back, with the help of moderates from the dominant party. The wheels could have been set in motion if the Democrats lost in 2006 or lost in 2008 and let McCain have his way (or if both happened- 2006 to start the process and 2008 to reenforce it). I would give it a 5% that any party would become totally dominant for more than 10 years. You could say that the dems did this between 1930 and 1950 or the pubs did between 1896 and 1912, but the party was only the "best" party in America because there was an anti-administration coalition between moderates and the minority party. There was the "Progressive/Bull-Moose Coalition" or the "Southern/Conservative Coalition", for example. However, in these times, its unlikely that a "Coalition" would actually form outside of getting the public option dropped for a co-op plan. There are just too many angry rednecks and angry hippies. So, if anger is allowed to stew for more than say 3 or 4 elections of one-party dominance, the other party will start to break up. So, a second party forming straight from the moderates of another party doesn't make much sense.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #290 on: August 10, 2009, 01:35:43 AM »

He's got to lose some pounds first, or we'll be seeing the next Taft.

And a name change. I wouldn't vote for Bill Billie, George Georgie, or Barack Barackie. I'm definitely not voting for a Chris Christie.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #291 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »

See. This is why I have so much contempt for Ron Paul. He has two first names. And I will be damned if I ever trust a dude, or chick for that matter, that has two first names.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #292 on: August 10, 2009, 03:16:01 PM »

He's got to lose some pounds first, or we'll be seeing the next Taft.

And a name change. I wouldn't vote for Bill Billie, George Georgie, or Barack Barackie. I'm definitely not voting for a Chris Christie.

Great. Cheesy
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2009, 10:54:47 PM »

Barack H. Obama 2009 - 2017 (massive takeover of congress by Republicans, aka Clinton 2)
R - Sarah H. Palin 2017 - 2025 (Next Reagan)
R - Whoever Palin picks as VP 2026 - 2031 (who will be defeated in a landslide election by democrats)
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2009, 11:12:07 PM »

R - Sarah H. Palin 2017 - 2025 (Next Reagan)

oh god.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #295 on: August 12, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »

to 2017       Barack Hussein (D, IL)
2021-??     

LOL, no. The two-party system survived the Democrats' screwing over their pivotal white Southern demographic; it'll survive anything.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #296 on: August 12, 2009, 04:30:03 PM »

D: Barack Obama 2009-17
R: Charlie Crist  2017-21
D: Andrew Cuomo 2021-

Mitt Romney loses to Obama
Charlie Crist beats Russ Feingold
Andrew Cuomo beats Crist.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #297 on: August 13, 2009, 12:03:51 AM »

45 Mitt Romney
46 Charlie Crist
47 Southern Democrat

I just can't see Crist. Jeb Bush is more likely.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #298 on: August 13, 2009, 12:08:48 AM »

45 Mitt Romney
46 Charlie Crist
47 Southern Democrat

If Crist ever gets put on a national ticket, I would consider going independent.  What a terrible man...
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #299 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »

45 Mitt Romney
46 Charlie Crist
47 Southern Democrat

If Crist ever gets put on a national ticket, I would consider going independent.  What a terrible man...

I only disagree with his participation with the stimulus. Why is he thought of as a RINO? Remind me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies