Name the next three U.S. Presidents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Name the next three U.S. Presidents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Name the next three U.S. Presidents  (Read 171165 times)
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« on: October 26, 2008, 07:16:56 AM »

I have a hunch that Obama will win, have a mediocre term, and be vulnerable in 2012. The GOP will respond to this heaven sent opportunity by nominating the one person who could actually lose to an unpopular President: Sarah Palin. Palin runs a nasty and negative campaign, and ends up losing badly.

On the bright side it will open the way for Crist in 2016.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 06:17:33 AM »

Barrack Obama 2009-2017
Jon Huntsman   2017-2025
Unknown GOP VP 2025-2029
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 05:15:24 PM »

Barack Obama (2009-2010)
Joe Biden (2010-2013)
Unknown Republican (2013-)

My suspicion is that the economy will collapse entirely sometime between now and 2010. We'll be racked by high crime and civil unrest culminating in Obama being assassinated. Hope I'm wrong.

The odds that a Republican would win in that scenario in 2012 are not high, though if there were an ugly Hillary-Biden Primary, possible. Given the current verbal climate, too many people would associate an assassination with elements in the Conservative movement.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »

Barack Obama (2009-2010)
Joe Biden (2010-2013)
Unknown Republican (2013-)

My suspicion is that the economy will collapse entirely sometime between now and 2010. We'll be racked by high crime and civil unrest culminating in Obama being assassinated. Hope I'm wrong.

The odds that a Republican would win in that scenario in 2012 are not high, though if there were an ugly Hillary-Biden Primary, possible. Given the current verbal climate, too many people would associate an assassination with elements in the Conservative movement.

I think that would be a factor, but when you have close to 1/4th or 1/3rd of the population out of work after about four years of promises people will be tired of the Democrats (and possibly the Republicans too). Anyway I'd give Obama about 50/50 chance of making it out of his term but I'm completely convinced now that we're heading towards something which dwarfs the Great Depression. I honestly wish I could share the optimism of 90% of this board but when China and co are moving away from the currency at the same time we're spending record amounts I really don't see this ending well.

I doubt we will get that bad. If the US imploded to that degree it causes such critical problems for China and India that they need us. Plus the US is insulated far better than Europe. You see there are two places for money in the world: US treasuries and stocks. When stocks go down, the dollar goes up. For all this talk about inflation, the dollar has been the strongest its been in a decade during the height of the financial crisis. It is still trading 20% above where it was a year ago.

The people who are in real trouble is Europe, especially the UK which is engaging in our spending without any of the safeguards we have.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies