Knox gets ready for PA Gubernatorial run.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Knox gets ready for PA Gubernatorial run.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Knox gets ready for PA Gubernatorial run.  (Read 2387 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:54:08 AM »

Excellent news for us Republicans. Let him waste his millions on yet another race! Some of you may remember Tom Knox. He was the favorite for quite some time to win the Philadelphia Democratic Mayoral primary. He ended up losing by twelve points. He then flirted with a run for State Treasurer and started circulating petitions. Then that failed miserably. Go Knox go!

http://www.knoxforgovernor.com/
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »

Excellent news for us Republicans. Let him waste his millions on yet another race! Some of you may remember Tom Knox. He was the favorite for quite some time to win the Philadelphia Democratic Mayoral primary. He ended up losing by twelve points. He then flirted with a run for State Treasurer and started circulating petitions. Then that failed miserably. Go Knox go!

http://www.knoxforgovernor.com/

Phil, then I would probably concede to you guys.  No really he was an awful candidate. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »

Phil, then I would probably concede to you guys.  No really he was an awful candidate. 

Tell me about it. He might have a chance, too, if both Onorato and Wagner are running (split in the west vote).
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 01:48:40 PM »

Tell me about it. He might have a chance, too, if both Onorato and Wagner are running (split in the west vote).

I hope Onorato gets it.  Then again who are the GOP frontrunners.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »

I hope Onorato gets it.  Then again who are the GOP frontrunners.

Tom Corbett, Bill Scranton and Pat Meehan seem to be the most likely candidates. I think we'd have a good shot with Corbett and Meehan. I'm no fan of Scranton. Plus, he's not a strong candidate. Of those three, I definitley prefer Meehan.
Conan
conan

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2008, 08:15:16 PM by Conan »

How much money does Knox actually have? Any figures? Not that I have any opinion about his strength/weakness.

$50 mill < ?
$100 mill > ?

How much did he drop in Philly?

Edit:

I think he has to be worth at least $100 mill, after some research. Anybody read anything specific?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 08:25:44 PM »

How much money does Knox actually have? Any figures? Not that I have any opinion about his strength/weakness.

$50 mill < ?
$100 mill > ?

How much did he drop in Philly?

Edit:

I think he has to be worth at least $100 mill, after some research. Anybody read anything specific?

I don't know how much he's worth but the guy put a lot into his Mayoral run. He was handing out $1,000 for work on Election day to anyone who was pushing him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20080623_Saidel_might_run_for_Pa__s_No__2_spot.html

Wow. Please, guys. Please. Knox-Saidel = Easy GOP win. Really. You thought Knoll was a problem with her comments? Saidel would be such a blessing for us.
Conan
conan

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/20080623_Saidel_might_run_for_Pa__s_No__2_spot.html

Wow. Please, guys. Please. Knox-Saidel = Easy GOP win. Really. You thought Knoll was a problem with her comments? Saidel would be such a blessing for us.
Who;s the GOP frontrunner? The AG?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »

Who;s the GOP frontrunner? The AG?

There is no single frontrunner yet. If Corbett is re-elected (which he probably win be) then he'd probably be the frontrunner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies