NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:35:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2  (Read 2651 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: June 12, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

Interesting. When I heard there'd be another NC poll today, I expected McCain's margin to be up substantially from the last poll (taken right after the NC primary, with McCain up only 3). Now it's down!? Like Alcon said: Virginia, Virginia, Virginia!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »

My point was that the previous poll came right after the NC primary--and we've seen big boosts for Obama [and Clinton] after each of the primaries only to fade away later (think Texas). Yes, I did expect this one to move towards McCain against the grain of most of the polls.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »

McCain will win North Carolina, but he'll have to spend a lot of time and money there.

allow me to mark this down.

Please do.

The problem is that McCain will definitely not spend money in NC. If he's lost or really close to losing in NC, he's already lost the election elsewhere. So, in the event of an Obama landslide, McCain has to keep spending in must-win states like Virginia, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania even if North Carolina and Florida are threatening to vote for Obama. (Thus, in landslide elections like 1984, the states which swing least strongly are the states that both candidates needed to win in order to win the EV while safe states on both sides swing more strongly.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies