NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:56:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Rasmussen: McCain leads by 2  (Read 2612 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: June 12, 2008, 12:06:03 PM »

I'm happy! I'm not going to say I told you so, because I want to see if this stays that same.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 12:15:39 PM »

Not surprising. I've said that NC is about 8% more GOP than the national average. If Obama is up 6% nationally right now, it makes sense. No battling from me this time.

For once I agree with you about something Cheesy
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »

NC will be in play of Obama wins nationally by 8% or more. Remember that Bush and Kerry were polling around these margins in the summer of 2004, and NC went to Bush by 13% in November. Obama will not improve on Kerry's white numbers, so I don't think he has a huge chance there outside of a big national margin.

I think Obama will improve on white voters, but not by much. He will get 30% to 31%.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »

NC will be in play of Obama wins nationally by 8% or more. Remember that Bush and Kerry were polling around these margins in the summer of 2004, and NC went to Bush by 13% in November. Obama will not improve on Kerry's white numbers, so I don't think he has a huge chance there outside of a big national margin.

I think Obama will improve on white voters, but not by much. He will get 30% to 31%.

Highly, highly doubt he will do better than Kerry's 27% .. I expect him to get 25-27% in North Carolina and receive record amounts of black support. North Carolina is GOP +8% this cycle as of now, so if McCain wins the election NC will go 10% or more for him. Keep in mind most of NC's undecideds will break for the Republican candidate over the Democrat. In June, Bush lead Kerry by 6-7%, Kerry was within 3% in July, and within 3% in one poll again in October. NC polls closer than is really is, so many of you are getting excited right now for no reason barring an Obama landslide.

Obama will get at least 30% of the white voters, the voting block in NC has changed over the past 4 year. Alot of  Northern whites have moved down from up north. Also in Nov, college students will be in school which will help him too. (Can out of state college students vote in NC?) Anyways if they can it will help him out too. I'm not saying Obama will win, but I right now think will be 5% more republican then the national number.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies