Live From Virginia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live From Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Live From Virginia  (Read 1393 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2004, 12:26:16 PM »

August 31, Richmond Virginia

I come here today to talk about Stem Cell research. The Atlasian government needs to spend more money on this issue.

We must gain ground on the diseases of the modern area by spending money on different types of research. If we gain this ground we will be able to live longer and happier.

Another issue we must deal with is lower taxes. No longer should the common man have to slave away his life to earn a living that will just get him through.

People should be have a happy and relativly comfortable life. By keeping more of their money people will be able to rise a little higher from where they are now.

I am MasterJedi and I am for the common man of Atlasia. Thank you and may the force be with you.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 02:31:41 PM »

What government programs would you cut when you cut taxes?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 02:33:02 PM »

So, you mean people who disagree with stem cell research should be forced to pay for it? I'm sorry, I think stem cell research should be allowed, but no government money to it.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 05:39:43 PM »

For one thing, we must be clear about what we're talking about.  "Stem cell research" is a very vaguely defined thing.  The question is, what kind of stem cells will be used in this research?  Will we destroy human embryos to harvest their stem cells (which may not yield any greater scientific advancements than are promised by other types of stem cells)?  That's the question.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 05:41:03 PM »

For one thing, we must be clear about what we're talking about.  "Stem cell research" is a very vaguely defined thing.  The question is, what kind of stem cells will be used in this research?  Will we destroy human embryos to harvest their stem cells (which may not yield any greater scientific advancements than are promised by other types of stem cells)?  That's the question.
Who cares?

Again I ask, what will you do for our region MasterJedi.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 07:35:34 PM »

Who cares?

The man said, "I come here to talk about stem cell research."  It's his thread.  It's about stem cell research.

You've made your threads, and they've been left topically unmolested out of respect to your participation and right to bring up the issues you'd like to bring up.

If you don't care about stem cell research, then ignore the thread--as others have kindly done to yours.  No one in this forum has behaved like a 'troll' to antagonize you off your agenda.  Afford others the same consideration.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 07:43:10 PM »

Who cares?

The man said, "I come here to talk about stem cell research."  It's his thread.  It's about stem cell research.

You've made your threads, and they've been left topically unmolested out of respect to your participation and right to bring up the issues you'd like to bring up.

If you don't care about stem cell research, then ignore the thread--as others have kindly done to yours.  No one in this forum has behaved like a 'troll' to antagonize you off your agenda.  Afford others the same consideration.
The difference is that hes running for governor in my region. And any thread he starts campaigning for that issue is open to verbal scrutiny.
Niles Caulder

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 08:02:40 PM »

Who cares?

The difference is that hes running for governor in my region. And any thread he starts campaigning for that issue is open to verbal scrutiny.

Your not scrutinizing anything here.  You're beligerantly attempting to distract to something else altogether.  Start a thread that says "MasterJedi Ignores the Important Issue" if you like.  Run against him.  Talk until you're hoarse about your monotone interest until election day and beyond.  Just do it on your own threads.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 12:20:03 PM »

Yes I believe we should use human embryo's which is okay with me because I don't believe life begins until the fetus gets a heartbeat and that's not until 8 weeks into the pregnancy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies