NC: Other Source: Dole pull ahead of Hagan by 10%, with Chirs Cole(L) getting 1% of the vote.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: Other Source: Dole pull ahead of Hagan by 10%, with Chirs Cole(L) getting 1% of the vote.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Other Source: Dole pull ahead of Hagan by 10%, with Chirs Cole(L) getting 1% of the vote.  (Read 1844 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:14 AM »

New Poll: North Carolina Senator by Other Source on 2008-06-13

Summary: D: 38%, R: 48%, U: 13%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:14:30 AM »

Looks like Dole is expanding her lead! Not that I'm a big fan of hers, but the GOP doesn't need to lose seats like this one.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 06:45:46 AM »

But wait!  This NC, how could the GOP be winning??
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 08:05:47 AM »

Hagan doesn't have a chance and never has. She was put in so that the North Carolina Democratic Party wouldn't get embarassed by having an openly gay candidate for senator, which would greatly help the North Carolina Republican Party.

The race the NC GOP doesn't have a chance of winning is governor.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 03:04:29 PM »

Hagan doesn't have a chance and never has. She was put in so that the North Carolina Democratic Party wouldn't get embarassed by having an openly gay candidate for senator, which would greatly help the North Carolina Republican Party.

That's pretty bold to say McCrory has no chance at winning the governors race. I think it will be close either way
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »

That's pretty bold to say McCrory has no chance at winning the governors race. I think it will be close either way

As it will be in the Senate race - it would be pretty interesting if North Carolina in 2008 saw Obama narrowly defeating McCain in the Presidential race, Pat McCrory upsetting Beverly Perdue in the Gubernatorial race, and Kay Hagan ousting Elizabeth Dole for the Senate - a year of upsets!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »

As it will be in the Senate race - it would be pretty interesting if North Carolina in 2008 saw Obama narrowly defeating McCain in the Presidential race, Pat McCrory upsetting Beverly Perdue in the Gubernatorial race, and Kay Hagan ousting Elizabeth Dole for the Senate - a year of upsets!

In other news, I just woke up a few minutes ago.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 03:40:48 PM »

In other news, I just woke up a few minutes ago.

Well I said it would be interesting...
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:22:41 PM »

Looks like Dole is expanding her lead! Not that I'm a big fan of hers, but the GOP doesn't need to lose seats like this one.

No, Dole has been running ads like crazy, because she saw she was doing bad. Hagan hasn't even really started the race yet. Once she does it will be tight again.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 05:55:51 AM »

So would Nader getting more votes than Obama.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »

So would Nader getting more votes than Obama.

Shut up.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 08:34:32 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2008, 08:37:09 AM by StateBoiler »

I've stated this here at least 20 times. It's not my fault that outsiders won't accept local wisdom.

Give or take a couple percent, this is how every statewide election works in North Carolina. The Democrats get 45%. The Republicans get 45%. And then there's 10% that hold the balance of power. Those 10% vote Democrat in state races and Republican in federal races. You occasionally have fluke wins due to bad candidates (like John Edwards beating Lauch Faircloth for Senate in 1998) but that's how it's been for the last 16 years.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 08:47:38 AM »

I've stated this here at least 20 times. It's not my fault that outsiders won't accept local wisdom.

Give or take a couple percent, this is how every statewide election works in North Carolina. The Democrats get 45%. The Republicans get 45%. And then there's 10% that hold the balance of power. Those 10% vote Democrat in state races and Republican in federal races. You occasionally have fluke wins due to bad candidates (like John Edwards beating Lauch Faircloth for Senate in 1998) but that's how it's been for the last 16 years.

Stop trying to make sense in this thread!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 10:19:19 AM »

NC has also changed alot of the past 16 years too. I not going to say McCrory will not win, but if he does then I will be shocked. I don't think Dole will win re-election, due to the high black turn-out.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »

Well, you should post more then because 95% of "local wisdom" comes from Josh's fantasies Tongue

BTW, that's kind of how NJ works too with the 45/45, except the vote Dem on everything except in fluke elections
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies