Unionist Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:17:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Unionist Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unionist Party  (Read 1371 times)
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2008, 03:08:35 PM by Andy Jackson »

I don't know if this party will just go under like other parties but I'll try. I hope to have a start in my home region of the Southeast.

-The continual different naming of the Southeast to get more people interested in it is a stupid one, how is the "Dirty South" better than the Southeast and to me it sounds like a hookers name, "Dirty South"? If we want to at least link it to the South, how about Dixie? Or a name that's more lax and won't offend people and does sound interesting "Columbia"?

-We have to begin the modernization of the Southeast from it's backwards Conservative controlled region and first lets get rid of the part of the Constitution that says that words like "Y'all" and other hick words can be used by the officials that govern this region. A constitution reform doesn't have to be with scraping the whole Southeast Constitution but just change the parts that are terrible.

-How can the officials try and pass laws that say that teaching Evolution in school is against the law and that people don't hasten global warming, my god Jefferson and Washington are all spinning in their graves right now because of this blatant disregard of freedom of speech and basic facts and knowledge that is know to us, this only continues to push the stereotype that all Southeasterners are Hicks and close minded.

-If we give someone that seems different and at least more exciting from all the other wooden politicans, then we could see some voter interest in the Southeast's Elections and get away from the usual Quasi - Fascist government that rules over this region with an Iron Fist and we can all can stop this regime. I call on all who seek the hope of a modern and strengthened Southeast for the better of all people of this region, as Thomas Jefferson said -

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Let us have a Democratic Revolution in the Southeast in hopes to overthrow the shackles of oppression and honor these unalienable rights for all people....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »

Agree on principle, but why nonpartisan?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:39:34 PM »

Note: If you want to change party affiliation officially, you must register under that party in the New register thread.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »

Mainly because even though there is no major Conservative parties anymore there is still bickering between parties and with the disunited Liberals just mirroring the bickering the Republicans and the Democrats in real life we need a centralized party that can act as a middle ground for the displaced Liberals and Conservatives and I believe that Nonpartisan was the best name and that our first President George Washington was a nonpartisan himself and argued against the formation of political parties in an attempt to not let the nation be split with Partisanism. I hope to bring back Atlasians to the political time of Washington.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:47:04 PM »

Note: If you want to change party affiliation officially, you must register under that party in the New register thread.
I actually didn't have any party affiliations before I founded the True Nonpartisan Party but I am going to register as a Nonpartisan.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 07:48:46 PM »

If there's one thing Atlasia needs, it's more partisanship.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »

Then what idea do you have to solve the problems in the Southeast and in Atlasia than trying to get your message across this nation and uniting likeminded people into a coherent party to try and change things.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 08:01:32 PM »

Then what idea do you have to solve the problems in the Southeast and in Atlasia than trying to get your message across this nation and uniting likeminded people into a coherent party to try and change things.

He was being serious, I think. Atlasia actually does need more partisanship, strange though that sounds.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

He was being serious, I think. Atlasia actually does need more partisanship, strange though that sounds.
If he was being serious I'm sorry about that little snap at you Xahar, so Atlasia need more Partisanship? explain?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »

Atlasia needs more people, particularly right leaning persons to help balance the partisanship. But overall, more people are needed to get involved in everything.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 08:20:13 PM »

Atlasia needs more people, particularly right leaning persons to help balance the partisanship. But overall, more people are needed to get involved in everything.
Okay I understand now.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 11:57:41 PM »

If he was being serious I'm sorry about that little snap at you Xahar, so Atlasia need more Partisanship? explain?

Elections are boring without bickering. The importance of parties has dwindled to the point where a lot of people don't really care.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 06:52:09 AM »

Elections are boring without parties fighting each other, holding primaries, smear campaigning etc. Non-partisan elections are death. That's why I don't give two sh**ts about Northwest Territory elections.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

Elections are boring without parties fighting each other, holding primaries, smear campaigning etc. Non-partisan elections are death. That's why I don't give two sh**ts about Northwest Territory elections.
Well for starters there would still be primaries, smear campaigns, etc. The True Nonpartisan Party isn't that big and any new party in Atlasia going to have to scrap to gain a spot for itself and all I want to do with the TN is try and put someone in control of the Southeast that can put in effective reforms into the region. For now, same old same old.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 08:31:24 PM »

After the course of events in the Southeast Region I declare that the True Nonpartisan Party shall become the Southern Unionist Party or Unionist Party for now and offer a different party built on reforming the Southeast and having the Southeast a loyal region of Atlasia and also to counter the Southern Secessionist Party and also to counter the AUB since many of the Secessionist Party members were apart of the AUB and I offer a coalition of sorts with the Bonapartist Party and Hashemite and also back Milk and Cookies and any other Unionist candidates running in the Southeast. I will also offer coalitions to the Social Democrats and any others willing to join in for a Atlasian Unionist Coalition of sorts, thank you and god bless.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 02:14:19 PM »

Personally I tried to do that by reviving the old Democratic and Republican parties.  It failed but, none the less, these days a two-party system would be the only partisan system that could feasibly operate.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »

I am staunchly opposed to a return to the Atlasian Democratic and Republican parties.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

I am staunchly opposed to a return to the Atlasian Democratic and Republican parties.
As am I but I am for at least a united or coalition of sorts of a Unionist Party for Atlasia, so if anyone does wish to join this party please do because there's been about 3 maybe 4 times that secession threatened Atlasia so we need to be united.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies