DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:49:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DWTL Emergency Senate Campaign Headquarters  (Read 7446 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 18, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »

Fmr. Sen. DownWithTheLeft called a press confrence this afternoon to annouce the following:

Due to Sam's shocking announcement, as many of you probably already know, I have entered the race for Southeast senate.  Anyone who wishes to ask questions/post endorsement of me may do so here.  As a new policy, I will not respond to all comments if they are meant solely as shots at my campaign

BTW, to soothe the concerns of some, I would not introduce any new bills in the first two months of my term
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »

Well, I must say it is sad to see Sams announcment. If this is to mean he will not be running for his Senate seat, that I at this time, endorse former Senator DWTL to replace him. Although I have run against him in the past, and do not agree with many of his policies, I believe that the former Senator will bring energy, and activity to our now siesta filled Senate.

We need some more (or just need 1) conservative voice in the Senate, to help balance out the issues, and I think Down is the man.

Best of luck to you in your write-in campaign.
Thank you Mr. Governor for your well wishes, hopefully the people of the Southeast share your enthusiasm Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »

A few things that I felt necessiated reposting:

A few of my votes in the senate:
Resolution Amendming Dean of the Senate: AYE (9-0-1)
Acceptance of Science Bill: NAY (4-5)
Carbon Tax Act: AYE (7-0)
Fairness to the Office Holder Amendment: AYE (8-0-2)[/color]
Copyrights Bill: AYE (6-0)
Perjury Bill: AYE (6-0)
Introduction to Atlasia Bill: AYE (7-0)
Darfur Divestment Bill: NAY (6-1)
Liberalization of Sex Laws Bill: AYE(5-1)

At some point introducing this bill:

Legalization of Heroin Bill

Section 1: Findings
1. Heroin is a white, crystalline, narcotic powder, C21H23NO5, derived from morphine, formerly used as an analgesic and sedative.
2. The pharmaceutical price of heroin is only 5% of the average street price of heroin.

Section 2: Applicability
1. This law shall remove all federal restrictions on heroin in addition to legalization in Nyman and other federal territories which do not form a region.
2. The Regions of Atlasia shall be free to legalize and regulate heroin in any manner which they may choose.

Section 3: In Regards to the Legal Status of Heroin
1. The possession and consumption of heroin shall be legal.
2. This law shall not be interpreted as to decriminalize driving under the influence of heroin.
3. Penalties for driving under the influence of heroin shall be the same as those for driving under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

Section 4: Taxation
1. Taxes on heroin will be 30% per gram.  Individual regions may set their own taxes on heroin as they see fit in addition to the federal tax which shall not exceed 20%.
2. Federal revenue raised from taxes on heroin shall be spent as follows:
   a.) 50% to a newly created National Opiate Addiction Help Center
   b.) 25% to funding for the needle exchange program created by the Atlasian Policy Regarding HIV/AIDS
   c.) 25% to improvements to federal interstate highways
3. Regional revenue generated from sales of heroin shall be used however the region deems necessary by a vote of the people upon voting for legalization.
4. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall not be funded by any other taxes.
5. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall focus on treatment options not involving methodone

Section 5: Purchases
1. Heroin shall be available at any licensed pharmacies.
2. Heroin shall not require a prescription but will kept behind the counter under all circumstances.
3. Individuals not in possession of the proper licenses shall still be prohibited from selling heroin.

Section 6: Age Restrictions
1. No one under the age of 18 shall be allowed to purchase heroin
2. Any pharmacist selling heroin to a person under the age of 18 shall be subject to any of the following:
   a.) a fine not to exceed $100,000
   b.) 30 days in a regional prison
   c.) a suspension or revokal of license

*Vote against all attempts to end regions
*Vote against all attempts to join absurd international treaties to take the interests of Atlasia away from being the top priority

I will continue to accept endorsements and questions
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »

Could you describe your foreign policy?
Well, I have never found foreign policy to be a particuarly pressing issue in Atlasia, in fact, in my time in the senate I do not believe we ever got into a war or dealt with anything foreign policy related concerning wars or the like.  However, a few things have come up and here is where I stand (generalizations here)

*Increased spending for the military
*Free markets across the world (see my vote against the Darfur Divestment Act)
*Cuts in foreign aid (something I may try to focus on during my term)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:01:20 PM »

While I greatly appreciate the endorsements of many fine Atlasians, its also imperative that the people who can vote in the Southeast election go out and do so, because if there is not at least a 2nd person who votes for me, Gporter wins no matter what
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 10:15:18 AM »

Fmr. Sen. DWTL steps to the podium to make the official annoucement of his campaign and outline what he plans to do.  He is joined on stage by Deputy SoFA and Fmr. Gov. Inks

Friends, it seemed like just yesterday that we packed it in after losing the election in December.  When I left my senate office after that election, there was still plenty that we failed to accomplish.  However, it did seem like the oppurtunity was there to make it back into our fine senate.  Now, the circumstances are different, a fine senator and one of my former allies in the senate, Sam Spade has stepped down and there is a void.  Now is our time friends to recapture that excitement that we brought to Atlasia.  Now is the time to move toward a more free country and a more enthusiastic populous.  I am here to annouce for the first officially that I am a candidate for the senate of Atlasia in the Southeast region.

I would first like to offer the best of luck to my opponent, Mr. Gporter.  If for some reason his presidential bid does not work out, I am sure he would be delighted to serve in the senate.  He must also remember this, althought we have the backing of current and former governors and senators, Gporter has some powerful friends as well.  He recently accepted the endorsement of the Nazi Party, certainly a force to be reckoned with.

To win we have to prove to the people that we are the better choice.  People crave some activity and excitement, that has certainly always been a tenet of my campaigns.  Who could forget the intense debates over academic freedom or the motions of censure, and even the SC case against me?  While some of those are certainly not positive things, I think most would agree it better than the mundane senate we have now.  No, no, no I don't have any plans to bring back that stuff though *crowd laughs a polite laugh*

Once in the senate, I will work to pass reform that is desperatley needed.  I once again will try to increase the amount of power the people have including passing bills that will require people to vote on a regional level.  I have some other constitutional amendments cooking that should make Atlasia more excessible and exciting.  Of course, drug legalization will the major tenet of my tenure in the senate, heroin will coming up first, perhaps to be followed by crack, cocaine, and other hard drugs that carry step penalities.  By the time I am done in the senate, I do not want to see a single person locked up for a victimless crime.  That is why I regret my vote against legalizing prostitution and hope to rectify that mistake.  I have a 2/2 plan, the first two months of my term will focus on social reform and the second on economic.  If I cannot get my job done, I will run for another term.  However, I hope to only need one for these accomplishments.

Thank you all and God Bless Atlasia!!

The Fmr. Sen. leaves the stage to thunderous applause and "Enter Sandman" playing in the background.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »

As odd as this sounds, I endorse DWTL.

Yeah, I typically don't agree with a word of his, but... he is running against GPorter.
How about the statement "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for senate" and "DWTL endorses Mr. Moderate for President" Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 03:41:40 PM »

Hashemite, Jean Royer News Corporation:

How do you respond to gporter's recent comment that you cannot work across the aisle with other parties?
Well, I saw the other thread first so I responded there, but I think the answer is clear.  Obviously he has no idea about what I did in the senate.  He seems to be basing his assertion on the fact that I am a Republican and he is a conservative, which makes little to no sense.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »

Hashemite, Jean Royer News Corporation:

How do you respond to gporter's recent comment that you cannot work across the aisle with other parties?
Well, I saw the other thread first so I responded there, but I think the answer is clear.  Obviously he has no idea about what I did in the senate.  He seems to be basing his assertion on the fact that I am a Republican and he is a conservative, which makes little to no sense.
I was pointing out the I am a more conservative politican than you are. We are both republicans. But, you are more moderate than I am.
So because I am MORE moderate I will have a harder time working with the other side?  Interesting
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 04:23:50 PM »

Fmr. Sen. DWTL steps to the podium to make the official annoucement of his campaign and outline what he plans to do.  He is joined on stage by Deputy SoFA and Fmr. Gov. Inks

The Fmr. Sen. leaves the stage to thunderous applause and "Enter Sandman" playing in the background.

Down, can I leave the stage now?  Tongue
LOL, yeah, your endorsement was posted right before this so I randomly selected you to come on stage.  That and because I haven't seen PBrunsel or Preston around lately who was my other stage hand
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

With Sam stepping down, I endorse DWTL for the Southeast Senate Seat.
Go vote Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

ONWARD TO VICTORY!!!!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 08:44:10 PM »

The Fmr. Sen. is gathered with political allies, friends, and family at Disney World on edge about the election.  He is expected to make a speech any minute now

Good evening.  Voting has just about concluded in our great republic, and I would be the first to let you all know that I have won by a 2-1 margin.  The campaign was not expected, but in the end everyone came through.  I do not plan to give a long speech now, I just want to thank everyone and our time in the senate begins soon.  I ask that as the winner of the election, Gov. TCash appoints me to fill the vacancy of Fmr. Sen. Spade's seat.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »

Wow... Down made it back to the Senate.

Congrats to you! I look forward to seeing you work hard in the Senate.
Believe me I'm as surprises as you are Smiley and thanks

I figured the only way to get back would be a abnormal situation, and one happened to arise
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 09:42:38 AM »

I am still calling on Inks to certify the election with me as the winner, otherwise to the runoff!!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »

Well, to the runoff it is.  I encourage my supporters to go out and vote against, hopefully all the votes will be counted this time (damn, I'm starting to sound like Jesse Jackson Sad ).  I also would like to wish Torie luck in his race in the Pacific, although I highly doubt anyone will change their vote, he'd need a turnout miracle!
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 07:22:54 AM »

We have stormed out to a 3-0 lead and still 2 people that voted for me have not voted.  Despite this, it is certainly too early to declare victory yet
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 01:03:16 PM »

We must say we are frustrated by the runoff being halted and hope that SCOA does not try and change the results of the election.

Besides that more bills coming shortly.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

Election Loophole-Fixer Amendment (alright we can find a better name)

1. To change the wording in Article I, Section I, Clause 2 of the Constitution from "No Person shall be a Senator who has not attained a hundred or more posts, and is not a registered voter in the District or Region that they represent." to "No Person shall be elected to the senate or serve as a Senator who has not attained a hundred or more posts, and is not a registered voter in the District or Region that they represent at any time from ten days prior the beginning of the election until after their senate tenure is over"

Any opinions?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 01:42:59 PM »

Just that this only gets half of the problem solved.  The other half is changing the start times of elections from "midnight" to "12:00:01 AM."
Would we need a 2nd amendment?  I remember trying to kill two birds with one stone with vote editing and something else and people were outraged
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »

BBQ Blast!!!

Everyone is invited!!  The campaign is holding a non-stop BBQ as we eagerly await the decision of the SC.  We will have burgers, all-beef hot dogs, sausage, and any condiment you desire.  Come join us as the campaign really has nothing better to do right now as it sits in limbo.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 11:29:24 AM »

Good. That'll occupy me. I hope your food is good.
Better than Gporter's Lyod Bentsen burgers
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »

The BBQ has suddenly stopped and everyone is turned to the TV as we have received news that the Supreme Court has made their decision and we should have it any minute. 

It seems the reason scandal involving Gporter and Playboy is really the campaign's poll numbers
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 10:16:03 AM »

The BBQ has suddenly stopped and everyone is turned to the TV as we have received news that the Supreme Court has made their decision and we should have it any minute. 

Any minute is a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure Ernest will have the opinion finalized soon enough.
Well, I'm talking "any minute" in news media time, which usually means hours upon hours Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 10:20:13 AM »

The Supreme Court is televised in Atlasia?  I didn't know this.
Their decision can be seen live on ANN
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies