2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:17:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 California Precinct Result Maps (with a Twin City Bonus for BRTD)  (Read 12808 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: June 24, 2008, 02:08:36 PM »

One thing of interest, which points out the more macro GOP syndrome, is that I think Edina is the highest income town in Minnesota, and notice how marginal it is, on the twin city map.

Edina City

Kerry 16,090   
Bush  15,277   

Actually, Edina has a median household income of 71K, and that is beat by Minnetonka with 75K, and Plymouth with 74K. The highest going away with North Oaks (oddly enough in hyper Dem Ramsey County), which clocks in at 162K in median household income, and North Oaks, bless it,  still has a "class consciousness."  It is probably  because it is gated, and BRTD can't get in to agitprop the place. Tongue

Not a bad guess...
Wiki:

"Formerly a gated community that now posts private access signage, all land is owned by homeowners with the North Oaks Home Owners Association maintaining all roads, plowing, parks, facilities, and recreation trails. Each homeowner's property extends halfway into the street. (...) The City owns no property. As such the Metropolitan Council has no jurisdiction over the city's comprehensive plan..."
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »

I'm proud that my Kiawah Island precinct voted 73% for Bush.
That somehow got me to look up Edisto. (Must be because I've read the book by Padgett Powell.)
The island has two precincts, and gee, is it obvious where the rich white newcomers live.
One precinct 75+ Bush. That's Edisto Beach.
One precinct 60-75 Kerry. That's the bulk of the island.

Wiki points out that Edisto Beach is an incorporated town and in a different county from the remainder of the island (Colleton vs Charleston). Also, that its 650 people are 96% white, while the 2600 people on the remainder of the island are 70% black. Who'd've thought it? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies