Can we save the Edwards campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Can we save the Edwards campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can we save the Edwards campaign?  (Read 6299 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: February 17, 2004, 04:07:20 PM »

I think, in my wildest dreams, Edwards still has a chance.  Listen.

The 5-step plan:

1.) Finish a strong second in wisconsin today.
2.) Finish second in every primary state on March 2nd, and win Georgia.  Campaign the whole week in georgia and California.
3.) Win the four southern primaries on March 9th: Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas.  This is possible with Clark out of the race.
4.) Now, this is a two person race.  the next of the states are not geographically biased to either side.  
5.) WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Well, I did my part.  My wife and I voted Edwards today (Oshkosh, 12th district).

Yeah, part of our motivations were to see a brokered convention, but I also find myself agreeing with Edwards on the issues, and I like his positive style - even though I have a hard time believing a word that comes out of his mouth.

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 05:24:35 PM »

I'm an Edwards supporter now, and why he has been held back is that not everyone is considering him yet. If he can get the media coverage to be a choice between Kerry or him, I think he has a shot at it again. If the media still talks about Bush v. Kerry, Edwards will suffer.

On the contrary, Edwards' main plus is that because no one is attacking him, he is free to run a positive-message, no-attack-ad campaign.  The reason I voted for him is precisely because of that.  If the Kerry campaign starts to perceive Edwards as a threat, they will start slinging the mud his way.  Then his choice will be to sling back, and lose his upside, or refuse to repay evil with evil, in which case he will be buried.

Right now his best chance is to keep the focus on Kerry v. Bush, and quietly pick up support with is positive message as a candidate for the Little Guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies