Opinion of Pope John XXIII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:38:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of Pope John XXIII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Opinion of Pope John XXIII  (Read 5419 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: June 25, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »

Quite an intelligent comment
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

FF for calling the 2nd Vatican Council. It was sorely needed. Ughh, I don't think I could stand a Tridentine Mass.
He created Vatican II, the ruination of the Catholic Church?  Then I vote HP
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:02:22 PM »

FF for calling the 2nd Vatican Council. It was sorely needed. Ughh, I don't think I could stand a Tridentine Mass.
He created Vatican II, the ruination of the Catholic Church?  Then I vote HP

Far too many people use V2 as a scapegoat for the Catholic Church's problems. That is simple-minded and pathetic in my opinion.
I don't mean Catholic Church problems as far as sex abuse, I mean Catholic Church's problem in becoming more of a liberal Protestant church to try and attract new members rather than keeping strict conservative teachings
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:25:16 AM »

He created Vatican II, the ruination of the Catholic Church?  Then I vote HP

Far too many people use V2 as a scapegoat for the Catholic Church's problems. That is simple-minded and pathetic in my opinion.
I don't mean Catholic Church problems as far as sex abuse, I mean Catholic Church's problem in becoming more of a liberal Protestant church to try and attract new members rather than keeping strict conservative teachings

No, they simply addressed problems that needed attention and reaffirmed the Catholic faith and doctrine.
Getting rid of the Latin mass was a huge mistake.  The Catholic Church is a bastardized version of its former self, I don't think I enjoy belonging to a church (meaning the version of the church now not its teaching, which I do admire) which allows people who support abortion and other acts of violence to become members.  The church should be about purity and having members who adhere to the doctrine, not about inclusion.  If someone wants to say their a Catholic, they should live like one, which has nothing to do with going to mass.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »

Flem, I understand your point.  But don't you think there is a difference between acceptance of people and acceptance of their ideas?  Jesus was trying to show people the light, not ignoring their flaws
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies