Zell Miller is on the stage...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:16:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Zell Miller is on the stage...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Zell Miller is on the stage...  (Read 43357 times)
Patunia
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2004, 09:27:24 PM »

Zell, just shut up.  There is nothing wrong with the Democrats, parties change.  

And States, the Dems have not been hijacked by the left anymore (and probably alot less) then the republicans by the right.  Didn't most democrats support the war? Yes.  Do most democrats really push ultra-liberal agendas?  No.  
No. Instead they flip flop all over the map until they think theyve found a formula that will win.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2004, 09:27:25 PM »

His opinions about his party have.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2004, 09:28:13 PM »

Okay, that contradicts your statment from 10 minutes ago, but...
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2004, 09:29:12 PM »

Okay, that contradicts your statment from 10 minutes ago, but...
You are just nit picking. You know what he means.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2004, 09:31:57 PM »

Well he has said two different things in ten minutes.

Zell has changed.  That really is inarguable.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 09:34:08 PM »

I don't think Zell has changed as much as the Democrat party. When I think of the traditional southern Democrat, I think strong on defense, kind of right on social issues, but social issues weren't as dominant as they are now, and probably left of center on economic issues. I can handle that, I don't have a huge problem with that. Now maybe he backed Carter or whoever, but he did that probably out of sense of loyalty to a guy from his state and party. That was the '70s, now.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 09:34:13 PM »

Well he has said two different things in ten minutes.

Zell has changed.  That really is inarguable.
Zel has changed his view of his own party in consideration of the direction it has taken in the last 25 years. And you know thats what States meant. Youre just trying to be a pain in the arse.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 09:38:20 PM »

Zel has changed his view of his own party in consideration of the direction it has taken in the last 25 years. And you know thats what States meant. Youre just trying to be a pain in the arse.

Oh shut up.  Look at the two contradictory posts by states.

No matter how the party has changed, that doesn't change the Carter presidency.  Miller turning against Carter is proof that Zell has changed.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 09:39:52 PM »

Then why did he trash Carter? He was president more than 25 years ago. Plus if the party was like that dumbass wanted there would just be two identical parties, what's the point of that?

I missed the first party because I didn't feel like puking, but reluctantly watched the end. Now I think it'd be interesting to compare the vile hate he spewed to Obama's keynote speech at our convention, and then ask where this crap about how all the Bush hatred by liberals is wrong and how liberals hate America is coming from. Obama's speech was the one praising America, Zell just demonized and ripped Kerry, which is exactly what the right claims we do about Bush and it's wrong.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

Oh shut up.  Look at the two contradictory posts by states.

No matter how the party has changed, that doesn't change the Carter presidency.  Miller turning against Carter is proof that Zell has changed.
I know what states wrote. Are you a Kerry speech writer by chance? Nothing better to hang your hat on but tiny semantical arguments?
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004, 09:42:33 PM »

Then why did he trash Carter? He was president more than 25 years ago. Plus if the party was like that dumbass wanted there would just be two identical parties, what's the point of that?

I missed the first party because I didn't feel like puking, but reluctantly watched the end. Now I think it'd be interesting to compare the vile hate he spewed to Obama's keynote speech at our convention, and then ask where this crap about how all the Bush hatred by liberals is wrong and how liberals hate America is coming from. Obama's speech was the one praising America, Zell just demonized and ripped Kerry, which is exactly what the right claims we do about Bush and it's wrong.
Zell never said that the left didnt have a right to be stupid. He only pointed out their stupidity. Every point he made related directly to policy stances. And keep saying Obama. I love it every time the left brings that commie up. Shifts more votes to the right.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004, 09:43:28 PM »

I know what states wrote. Are you a Kerry speech writer by chance? Nothing better to hang your hat on but tiny semantical arguments?

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE PARTY CHANGES OR NOT!  MILLER HAS CHANGED HIS POSITION ON THE CARTER PRESIDENCY!  IF A DEMOCRATS TURNED MARXIST DOES THAT EFFECT WHAT WENT ON 25 YEARS AGO IN THE CARTER ADMINISTRATION?!?!??!
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 09:44:02 PM »

I don't care whether he's changed or not.  Did Kerry or did Kerry not vote against all those weapons systems?  Did he or did he not vote against using force to kick Saddam out of Kuwait?  I've seen enough.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2004, 09:44:22 PM »

If the party was like that ... there would just be two identical parties, what's the point of that?

That's a question that I've always wondered when people like StatesRights claim that the Democrats need to be conservative.  What do you want?  Two right-wing parties?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2004, 09:46:22 PM »

Zell, just shut up.  There is nothing wrong with the Democrats, parties change.  

And States, the Dems have not been hijacked by the left anymore (and probably alot less) then the republicans by the right.  Didn't most democrats support the war? Yes.  Do most democrats really push ultra-liberal agendas?  No.  

Then why are moderates hauling tail from your party?

Uhh....you mean a bump in the polls for Bush?  LOL!  That's hardly hauling ass States.  
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2004, 09:46:52 PM »

If the party was like that ... there would just be two identical parties, what's the point of that?

That's a question that I've always wondered when people like StatesRights claim that the Democrats need to be conservative.  What do you want?  Two right-wing parties?

Conservative does not equal right wing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2004, 09:47:18 PM »

Zell never said that the left didnt have a right to be stupid. He only pointed out their stupidity. Every point he made related directly to policy stances. And keep saying Obama. I love it every time the left brings that commie up. Shifts more votes to the right.

yeah, like his speech wasn't well received at all and he's not kicking ass in the polls. lol. I think NixonNow has some competition here.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2004, 09:47:48 PM »

I don't care whether he's changed or not.

Sorry buddy but that's what we've been debating the last few pages.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2004, 09:48:13 PM »

http://miller.senate.gov/speeches/030101jjdinner.htm
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2004, 09:49:18 PM »

No need to apologize.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2004, 09:49:49 PM »

yeah, like his speech wasn't well received at all and he's not kicking ass in the polls. lol. I think NixonNow has some competition here.
Hes kicking ass because of the circumstances surrounding the race. Ryan was right to step down. But the Illinois race will be the shocker of the election I believe. Go ahead and hug those early polls while Keyes is just getting started. Keyes wont lose by more then 5 points and could possibly win it.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 09:51:23 PM »

Hes kicking ass because of the circumstances surrounding the race. Ryan was right to step down. But the Illinois race will be the shocker of the election I believe. Go ahead and hug those early polls while Keyes is just getting started. Keyes wont lose by more then 5 points and could possibly win it.

After saying gays are "selfish heathens"?  Keyes is going to get crushed.  Maybe by over 30 pts.  The man is dispicable.
Patunia
Rookie

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2004, 09:55:12 PM »

After saying gays are "selfish heathens"?  Keyes is going to get crushed.  Maybe by over 30 pts.  The man is dispicable.
You impart your beliefs onto the people of Illinois. The people of illinois are just as opposed to gay marriage as every state in the union. His language may be strong, but pales in comparison to Obamas commie ways. Keyes will rise to the occassion. Mark my words, bookmark this thread.

And no, I dont think gays are heathens. Just dont feel that gay marriage even comes close to resembling a civil right.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2004, 10:00:01 PM »

I can't wait until Obama breaks 65%...lol!

I don't know where that 36% swing is going to come from to get Keyes within five.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2004, 10:00:23 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2004, 10:01:05 PM by HockeyDude »

You impart your beliefs onto the people of Illinois. The people of illinois are just as opposed to gay marriage as every state in the union. His language may be strong, but pales in comparison to Obamas commie ways. Keyes will rise to the occassion. Mark my words, bookmark this thread.

And no, I dont think gays are heathens. Just dont feel that gay marriage even comes close to resembling a civil right.

Ummm...I didn't say anything about gay marriage....listen to it again....he called gays heathens.  People may not like gay marriage, but neither do they like politicans who use that harsh a word for a group of human beings.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies