who are we to say it won't be Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:23:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  who are we to say it won't be Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: who are we to say it won't be Romney?  (Read 3819 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 02, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »
« edited: July 02, 2008, 09:14:45 PM by Torie »

The problem Winfield, is that the rap on Romney, that he will flip for political convenience without batting an eye, and make up stories ala Hillary, has considerable verisimilitude. He also has a certain robotic quality (he just is too up tight, and didn't really mix it up with the voters like McCain did - did you ever watch his townhall meetings where he droned on with his same tired speech, and then took 3 questions, and called it a rap?), plus a tin ear. Repeating ad nauseum  that immigration policy, and social policy flexibility (to which he once subscribed until he had multiple epiphanies), degraded the "GOP brand," suggests he is marketing soap or something - totally plastic, and a sure "groan" line.

Sure he is competent, and might be a good president. But I consider him too much of a trimmer and prevaricator, and not a "very good liar" ala Clinton, and so at a minimum, ineffectual as a politician at present.

His being on the ticket will in my opinion to a clear and convincing degree (2-1 odds), render McCain unelectable, no matter how much of a money dump he does. This election is not all about money, as Obama himself might come to realize.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:21:01 AM »

If I have time, I will, yet again, spell out, very clearly, Romney's real record and qualifications. 

I live in Massachusetts, so I saw his record firsthand.

If his accomplishments involve taking credit for every job created in Massachusetts between 2003 and 2007, well, I don't think any more of that than I do of Bill Clinton's claim to have created all the jobs invented in the U.S. between 1993 and 2001.l

Why don't you enlighten all with you bullet point J'accuse as to Romney's failed governance of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. And then one can consider your brief.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »

Thanks B33. It appears Romney lacked a good bedside manner, and wasted capital on irrelevancies. He is most famous for his health insurance plan. What do you think of that? And didn't he cut back on spending, or at least the growth of it?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2008, 06:16:59 PM by Torie »

Thanks again B33. I appreciate it. Are property taxes paid in true fair market values, or are game played there. This old boy is of course a massive beneficiary of the Prop 13 law in California, which is totally indefensible, but there you go. If a proposition were introduced to repeal Prop 13, I might have to get drunk first to do the right think with my vote. Smiley

Winfield, if you want to rebut B33, and point out his "lib-spin" have at him. I of course, don't have the knowledge to know one way or the other, although B33's characterizations strike me as an attempt to be fair and balanced, but that may just be his skill at veneering - or maybe not. Maybe Romney just acted as a modest brake on an uber liberal legislature.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies