who are we to say it won't be Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  who are we to say it won't be Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: who are we to say it won't be Romney?  (Read 3828 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 01, 2008, 03:02:48 PM »

Like I've said before, if that slimeball ever becomes President, I will leave the country.  I really don't want McCain to pick him.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »

The big problem with Romney is that he's a slimeball.  The man has no integrity, and flip-flopped on almost every major issue, just so he could run for President.  Disgusting.

That said, he should be strongly considered by McCain anyway.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

The big problem with Romney is that he's a slimeball.  The man has no integrity, and flip-flopped on almost every major issue, just so he could run for President.  Disgusting.

That said, he should be strongly considered by McCain anyway.

Let me get this straight, on the one hand, you think Romney is a slimeball, has no integrity, and is a flip flopper.

On the other hand, you believe Romney should be strongly considered for the Vice Presidential nomination by McCain, meaning that Romney could become Vice President of the United States.

In other words, you have no problem with someone you say is a slimeball, has no integrity, and is a flip flopper becoming Vice President of the United States.

One can only conclude from your statement that even though you believe that Romney is all these things you claim him to be, you still believe that he is qualified to be Vice President.

I have a huge problem with him, and I don't think he is qualified to shine my shoes, but the McCain campaign needs to consider him, because he was a Governor, and has lots of money.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:37 PM »

I have a huge problem with him, and I don't think he is qualified to shine my shoes, but the McCain campaign needs to consider him, because he was a Governor, and has lots of money.

You could not afford to have Romney shine your shoes, my friend.

Ooh, great comeback Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »

The problem Winfield, is that the rap on Romney, that he will flip for political convenience without batting an eye, and make up stories ala Hillary, has considerable verisimilitude. He also has a certain robotic quality (he just is too up tight, and didn't really mix it up with the voters like McCain did - did you ever watch his townhall meetings where he droned on with his same tired speech, and then took 3 questions, and called it a rap?), plus a tin ear. Repeating ad nauseum  that immigration policy, and social policy flexibility (to which he once subscribed until he had multiple epiphanies), degraded the "GOP brand," suggests he is marketing soap or something - totally plastic, and a sure "groan" line.

Sure he is competent, and might be a good president. But I consider him too much of a trimmer and prevaricator, and not a "very good liar" ala Clinton, and so at a minimum, ineffectual as a politician at present.

His being on the ticket will in my opinion to a clear and convincing degree (2-1 odds), render McCain unelectable, no matter how much of a money dump he does. This election is not all about money, as Obama himself might come to realize.

Thank  you for acknowledging Romney's competence.  At least you have something positive to say.

Anyway, I have already stated earlier on this thread, on July1, that McCain will not pick Romney.  He will pick Pawlenty.

I actually doubt his competence; I also doubt Pawlenty's.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »

I have laid out in great detail on many occasions on this forum Romney's specific accomplishments and attributes, and have addressed the many criticisms levelled against his record and leadership skills, and I do not choose to repeat them here, yet again. 

You repost your comments about Romney all the time. I provided solid, factual reasons, and you declined to respond to them. Since you've laid out your case, it should be simple for you to cut and paste it here and point out how it addresses his failures as Governor of Massachusetts, his demonstrated lack of a political ideology, and his documented inexperience in elected office.

If you don't want to defend Romney, that's your choice, but that puts your repetition of positive Romney spin in a different light.

All you have done really is to state some events and then put your own biased spin to them, and then inject some of your own negative opinions about Romney into the mix.

If I have time, I will, yet again, spell out, very clearly, Romney's real record and qualifications. 

That is exactly what you have done, but with the opposite intentions.

Please, enlighten us as to Governor Slimeball's record.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies