The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:31:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 23182 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »

Official Presidential Executive Order

Executive Order on Establishing an Atlasian Recognition Referenda

1. The Secretary of Forum Affairs is hereby directed to place the following non-binding referendum questions on the October 2008 federal ballot.

Questions 1 and 2 are non-binding referenda placed on this ballot by executive order.

Question 1—RECOGNITION OF THE UNITED STATES:
Shall the Atlasia recognize the United States as a nation in concurrent existance?
[  ] YES
[  ] NO

Question 2—REPLACEMENT OF THE UNITED STATES:
Shall Atlasia's place in the world be seen as an effective replacement for the United States?
[  ] YES
[  ] NO

2. Following the completion of the October 2008 federal election, the Secretary of Forum Affairs shall tally the results of both referendum questions and report the results to the president.

William F. Moderate
The White House
October 16, 2008
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »

What does "replace" portend?  Does that mean that events going on in the US can be assumed to be happening in Atlasia until changed? Or does it mean the US has disappeared and nothing that is going on can be taken cognizance of?  Only the former is workable really. All we know is what is happening in the US.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »

What does "replace" portend?  Does that mean that events going on in the US can be assumed to be happening in Atlasia until changed? Or does it mean the US has disappeared and nothing that is going on can be taken cognizance of?  Only the former is workable really. All we know is what is happening in the US.

The former, yes.  It basically addresses whether or not Atlasia is of world power size.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2008, 11:59:15 AM »

The President extends his congratulations to Governor Bgwah of the Pacific for his victory in this weekend's Presidential race.  I eagerly await his swearing in so I can give up this governin' stuff and go build some houses with Jimmy Carter and participate in celebrity golf tournaments or whatever.

Further congratulations are issued to Torie, AndrewCT, PiT, and Lewis for their Senate victories.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2008, 12:23:51 PM »

THE WHITE HOUSE
NOVEMBER 6, 2008

Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm not one for flowery speeches, so I'll keep this brief.

It's been a pleasure serving as your President over the past four months.  I want to thank you all for indulging me, and thank my allies in the Senate for working to pass my legislation into law.  We truly got a lot done for the country and for the environment, and for that, I am proud.

There was a good amount of controversy during my term, but over all, I think the four months of the Moderate Presidency have been a net positive for the country of Atlasia.  Things are picking up again, and a new class of voters and Senators are taking the helm.

For now, I prepare to enter retirement from public service.  Atlasia has been good to me, but for the sake of said new blood, I recognize that it is "their turn."  Their turn to shape and mold this fantasyland I so dearly love into something new, something better.

I can't say much about my future here, but I will say that I will be watching the progress that President-elect Jesus and VP-elect Meeker make.  I will applaud their successes and criticize their failings.  The only way to continue Atlasia's progress is to hold them accountable.

Good luck to all of you, and may Dave always bless our glorious country.

For the last time, I dutifully address you as

William Fox Moderate
President
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2008, 01:27:43 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2008, 01:33:17 PM by Jas »

I want to extend my thanks to Mr Moderate for all his efforts during this past term to work for the betterment of Atlasia. It's a tough job, which too often has been mishandled, but I credit this administration for the work done towards ensuring it left a positive impact behind. Kudos to you, sir.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »

While I was a supporter of Bgwah, it more had to with the people around you rather than yourself.  You did a great job as president and your last two vetoes showed that.  You will be sorely missed
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

Cheers, everyone.

Last one out please turn off the lights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies