Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:21:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32450 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »

Wow, it seems that the Republicans are this years Democrats. All they seem to be doing is b!tch and moan about everything.

And the Democrats have become this years Republicans... flagrantly ignoring the short comings of their candidate, even though he is almost exactly like Bush in terms of personality.  The difference is that I have learned my lesson.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.

Comparing Obama to Hitler is having an open, honest, sincere discussion? Who knew?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:07 PM »

Comparing Obama to Hitler is having an open, honest, sincere discussion? Who knew?

If you will go back to the start of the thread, instead of languishing in willful ignorance, you would see that I started by attempting a serious discussion and was immediately met with a "well... what about McCain" style response that attempted to deflect criticism away from Obama.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »

Dude are you f***in serious here? Isn't it pretty obvious Obama/his campaign chose the location due to it being a bigger and better spectacle than the Pepsi center? What did he exactly do that was wrong? He did not follow tradition? You seriously do sound like a little cry baby.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »

Didnt we already have a massive thread about this? and how nobody really cares either?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

Honestly, this is ridiculous. Obama wants more people to see his speech and for it to be open to the public = megalomaniac. (btw, hardly a rational "discussion starter")
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »

Dude are you f***in serious here? Isn't it pretty obvious Obama/his campaign chose the location due to it being a bigger and better spectacle than the Pepsi center? What did he exactly do that was wrong? He did not follow tradition? You seriously do sound like a little cry baby.

20,000 people isn't enough... so we need 120,000... and fireworks, special effects... make it as dramatic as possible so that people are so wowed that they will forget the fact that the speech itself has almost no real content.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »

20,000 people isn't enough... so we need 120,000... and fireworks, special effects... make it as dramatic as possible so that people are so wowed that they will forget the fact that the speech itself has almost no real content.

Are you trying to parody somebody, or are you just bitter?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »

Honestly, this is ridiculous. Obama wants more people to see his speech and for it to be open to the public = megalomaniac. (btw, hardly a rational "discussion starter")

SEE WHAT?  Over 80% of the people in the stadium will barely be able to see him.  That's why they invented TV.  They want to hold such a mass rally as a demonstration of force to the people watching at home.  They are holding a huge rally, under the pretense that more people will be able to see it that way, but for the purpose of putting on a more impressive show to the people watching at home, and with the effect of generating mass hysteria for the candidate.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »

Yeah and Mccain has helluva lot of content? " That's not change we can believe in" * confused laughter/clapping*
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »

SEE WHAT?  Over 80% of the people in the stadium will barely be able to see him.  That's why they invented TV.  They want to hold such a mass rally as a demonstration of force to the people watching at home.  They are holding a huge rally, under the pretense that more people will be able to see it that way, but for the purpose of putting on a more impressive show to the people watching at home, and with the effect of generating mass hysteria for the candidate.

Or...just alot of people really want to see him speak and have a good time at the event with a fireworks show and entertainment? I mean....that sounds fun to me...but apparently our definition of fun is very...very different.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »

That is the whole point of political campaigns. Bush did the same crap. I mean why do you think they planned the convention right around 9/11. All just a coincidence right? LOL you sound pretty naive right now.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

If you will go back to the start of the thread, instead of languishing in willful ignorance, you would see that I started by attempting a serious discussion and was immediately met with a "well... what about McCain" style response that attempted to deflect criticism away from Obama.

Do you realize how ridiculous you appear right now? He's going to speak at a stadium. Oh my god. Is it a political ploy? Duh. Will it work? Probably. Don't get upset beause your corpse of a candidate couldn't pull this off. Is Obama cocky and arrogant? Does he have a big ego? Of course. So does McCain. They're uh, politicians. I mean, you can go ahead and try to argue this... retarded issue... it is kind of funny seeing you squirm and you truly do come off looking like a pitiful wretch.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 09:40:37 PM »

It's like when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier.  The only purpose is to show everyone how awesome Obama is... its no different from George W. Bush's need to show how awesome his penis is.  It's the same mentality.  It's ego.  Nothing but.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

It's like when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier.  The only purpose is to show everyone how awesome Obama is... its no different from George W. Bush's need to show how awesome his penis is.  It's the same mentality.  It's ego.  Nothing but.

Chris, seriously.  Either you're really striving for a justification for hating Obama, or politics must really be a 24/7-hour fest of unbridled resentment for you...

You're kind of freaking me out here.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »

People know they'll barely be able to see him. They come so that they can say "I was at the convention which nominated the first minority as a major party candidate" People like to be part of history. Plus, it would be fun.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 09:42:33 PM »

I am glad you realize that all politicians have huge egos. That is why they are f***in politicians.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »

I agree. While Obama's personality cult and huge ego annoy the hell out of me, saying he's like the Nazi's is a bit extreme. This latest change by Obama just reinforces that he'll do anything to get elected and he sees himself as wonderful as his supporters do. Speaking to a crowd on the same day as MLK and to a huge crowd, no less, make it look like he's setting himself up to be the heir apparent. Good political move, but grossly arrogant, as we already know Obama is.

The dates for the DNC were chosen before Obama was the nominee

Dipsh*t

You know, asshole, I was trying to keep this discussion respectful and defend Obama for once, but I forgot I was dealing with Democrats.

Will you be attending the Hitler-esque rally or will you be fainting/jacking off to Obama's speech in your bedroom?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »

Alright... you know what, I'm just going to shut up.  Apparently, I'm just insane.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 09:44:54 PM »

The McCainiacs have truly outdone themselves in ridiculousness on this issue. He's giving a speech to a large crowd so it will look good politically.

Does not mean he has a large ego.

Does not make him Hitler.

Does not mean any of the other absurd bullsh**t you're trying to pass off as political analysis.

It means he wants to have a good campaign event. OH THE HORROR!!1!!!!
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »

Newsflash - McCain has an ego too. All politicans do. They. Are. Politicians. I was going to degrade your intelligence (Even though you've done a bang-up job of that already) but something tells me you're mentally unstable at this point in time. Call it a hunch.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »

I agree. While Obama's personality cult and huge ego annoy the hell out of me, saying he's like the Nazi's is a bit extreme. This latest change by Obama just reinforces that he'll do anything to get elected and he sees himself as wonderful as his supporters do. Speaking to a crowd on the same day as MLK and to a huge crowd, no less, make it look like he's setting himself up to be the heir apparent. Good political move, but grossly arrogant, as we already know Obama is.

The dates for the DNC were chosen before Obama was the nominee

Dipsh*t

You know, asshole, I was trying to keep this discussion respectful and defend Obama for once, but I forgot I was dealing with Democrats.

Will you be attending the Hitler-esque rally or will you be fainting/jacking off to Obama's speech in your bedroom?

Your a hypocrite, thanks.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »

Whoever started this thread and whoever is continuing the meaning of this thread needs to talk about this with their therapist. Seriously. I am not trying to "censor" you, I just think that this is not what rational adults talk about.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Are you trying to parody somebody, or are you just bitter?

He's a rust belt Republican. Duh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies