Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:48:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32455 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »

Bush never claimed to be the one the world has been waiting for. Bush never had his name designed into some sort of Presidential seal. Bush never wanted a crowd to chant his name over and over again. Bush might be cocky as well, but he seemed like he was always running for President to help America. Obama seems like he is running for President to help Obama.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »

The hottest ticket in town was literally burning the ears of the phone operators Thursday.

That would be the ticket for Barack Obama's Aug. 28 nomination acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High — an event expected to draw 75,000 people on the final night of the Democratic National Convention.

In about a 24-hour period, 60,000 Coloradans had submitted requests for tickets — forcing the Obama campaign to start a waiting list. The campaign and the Democratic National Convention Committee said more than half of the available seating would go to Colorado residents.

"We're pleased that so many people want to be part of this historic event," Obama spokesman Matt Chandler said. "We've said from the start this is going to be America's convention, and I think we've seen today that it's truly going to be Colorado's convention, too."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/obama-ticket-lines-jammed/

Yeah, I applied for a ticket yesterday morning. Let us pray I get one
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

And to add to that, those 75,000 will be chanting Obama's name, not "USA," like they did at Bush's last convention. It really doesn't compare.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2008, 12:33:20 PM »

Bush never claimed to be the one the world has been waiting for.

Obama did?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Obama did?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You're a shameless liar and an exaggerator to boot.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »

I don't remember Obama declaring whole cities and states to be "Obama Country."

Lighten up. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »

I don't remember Obama declaring whole cities and states to be "Obama Country."

Lighten up. 

Every campaign does that.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »

Bush might be cocky as well, but he seemed like he was always running for President to help America.

Nah, it's always been about working out his issues with his father and taking his mother's strong direction.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »

"Bush Country" in 2000 was a big phenomenon and Bush said it himself, all the time. It was part of his standard speech.

I agree with you that it's not a big deal; it's other people who seem to think there's some substance to their complaints about this kind of thing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »

"Bush Country" in 2000 was a big phenomenon and Bush said it himself, all the time. It was part of his standard speech.

I don't get that at all. Like I said, every campaign puts up signs like that. I don't get how Bush 2000 was a phenomenon because of it.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2008, 12:41:37 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2008, 12:43:55 PM by brittain33 »

I don't get that at all. Like I said, every campaign puts up signs like that. I don't get how Bush 2000 was a phenomenon because of it.

It wasn't just signs. He said it, too. Shouted it to the masses. Al Gore couldn't get away with saying "Michigan is Gore Country" with the frequency and zest that Bush proclaimed it with. Bush, with an ego so massive and enormous it blocked out the sun, loved to inform people at his rallies that they were living in a state that HE owned, and their residence in that state reflected their devotion to the name of BUSH.

Gaze on the sight of an ego so large it crosses state borders to give Hillsdale College a playful smack on the ass:

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »

It wasn't just signs. He said it, too. Shouted it to the masses. Al Gore couldn't get away with saying "Michigan is Gore Country" with the frequency and zest that Bush proclaimed it with. Bush, with an ego so massive and enormous it blocked out the sun, loved to inform people at his rallies that they were living in a state that HE owned, and their residence in that state reflected their devotion to the name of BUSH.

This sounds so assinine. Mentioning that a state is "______ Country" isn't arrogance; it's a "tatic" that has been used for quite some time. I apologize if Gore couldn't get away with it because he had the charisma of a 90 year old man. That doesn't make the man that used it "arrogant."
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2008, 12:48:20 PM »

This sounds so assinine. Mentioning that a state is "______ Country" isn't arrogance; it's a "tatic" that has been used for quite some time. I apologize if Gore couldn't get away with it because he had the charisma of a 90 year old man. That doesn't make the man that used it "arrogant."

The great hero BUSH loved himself and his name deeply and with great passion. Why else would he have given speeches to crowds of people who liked him and supported him, if not because of his swollen ego? Why would he have allowed his followers to create t-shirts with his graven image, if not as testimony to his devotion to himself and his own self-love? These are signs. Read this thread and learn.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2008, 12:56:11 PM »

Roll Eyes
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »

How 'bout we just agree to the fact that arrogant politicians that we don't agree with make us mad, and this anger is mainly due to the fact that arrogance is overall a virtue in politics much more than it is a liability. Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

Considering the chanting "Obama" crowds are being used in negative commercials, it might be a good idea to pray for rain.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #240 on: August 08, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »

Considering the chanting "Obama" crowds are being used in negative commercials, it might be a good idea to pray for rain.

I don't think that's really relevant.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #241 on: August 08, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

I do, because of image it creates.  Obama is playing into that image, and it has a potential of costing him votes.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »

I do, because of image it creates.  Obama is playing into that image, and it has a potential of costing him votes.

I know we've had this 'discussion' before and I know neither of us is going to change each other's mind, so....
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22:46 PM »

I know we've had this 'discussion' before and I know neither of us is going to change each other's mind, so....

Except, we've started to see some examples of it happening.  We've seen Obama's numbers, after huge press, either hold or decline slightly.  It's not good.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »

Except, we've started to see some examples of it happening.  We've seen Obama's numbers, after huge press, either hold or decline slightly.  It's not good.

How can you attribute it to one image which doesn't even seem to be a problem for Obama? McCain has hit him on gas prices and not being ready to lead--would you argue those were non-factors compared to footage of people shouting his name?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »

How can you attribute it to one image which doesn't even seem to be a problem for Obama? McCain has hit him on gas prices and not being ready to lead--would you argue those were non-factors compared to footage of people shouting his name?

It makes his look like a "celebrity" and arrogant.  It's the image and it can hurt him. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2008, 05:54:16 PM »

It makes his look like a "celebrity" and arrogant.  It's the image and it can hurt him. 

Don't worry JJ (i know you're not) because your argument will be vindicated in the long run.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2008, 09:41:58 PM »

Phil, what he's saying is that that doesn't really make him arrogant. Neither does anything comparable Obama's done.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

Bumped.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #249 on: May 21, 2009, 03:08:00 AM »

Sun still rise in the morning? Check.