Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32932 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »

I agree. While Obama's personality cult and huge ego annoy the hell out of me, saying he's like the Nazi's is a bit extreme. This latest change by Obama just reinforces that he'll do anything to get elected and he sees himself as wonderful as his supporters do. Speaking to a crowd on the same day as MLK and to a huge crowd, no less, make it look like he's setting himself up to be the heir apparent. Good political move, but grossly arrogant, as we already know Obama is.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »

I agree. While Obama's personality cult and huge ego annoy the hell out of me, saying he's like the Nazi's is a bit extreme. This latest change by Obama just reinforces that he'll do anything to get elected and he sees himself as wonderful as his supporters do. Speaking to a crowd on the same day as MLK and to a huge crowd, no less, make it look like he's setting himself up to be the heir apparent. Good political move, but grossly arrogant, as we already know Obama is.

The dates for the DNC were chosen before Obama was the nominee

Dipsh*t

You know, asshole, I was trying to keep this discussion respectful and defend Obama for once, but I forgot I was dealing with Democrats.

Will you be attending the Hitler-esque rally or will you be fainting/jacking off to Obama's speech in your bedroom?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »

This doesn't really make him "bad." It just annoys me. I also think this is a sign of his inflated ego. As I said earlier, these crowds don't really affect the viewers so I don't get why he doesn't just do this at the convention. Again, this isn't him being "bad," just irritating.

Right.  So it is more that this is circumstantial evidence of his inflated ego, than the act itself is bad?  That's a fair response.  It's what I've been trying to elicit.

Don't most politicians have "inflated egos?"

Of course. You have to to run for office, especially the Presidency. I think the argument being made here is Obama's ego is especially huge for a politician.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:26:49 PM »

This doesn't really make him "bad." It just annoys me. I also think this is a sign of his inflated ego. As I said earlier, these crowds don't really affect the viewers so I don't get why he doesn't just do this at the convention. Again, this isn't him being "bad," just irritating.

Right.  So it is more that this is circumstantial evidence of his inflated ego, than the act itself is bad?  That's a fair response.  It's what I've been trying to elicit.

Don't most politicians have "inflated egos?"

Of course. You have to to run for office, especially the Presidency. I think the argument being made here is Obama's ego is especially huge for a politician.

Do we have a meter now that measures politicians ego's?

No, but insisting on moving your acceptance speech to a football stadium so you can have 80,000 people listen to you in person is a fine rule of measure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »

Bush never claimed to be the one the world has been waiting for. Bush never had his name designed into some sort of Presidential seal. Bush never wanted a crowd to chant his name over and over again. Bush might be cocky as well, but he seemed like he was always running for President to help America. Obama seems like he is running for President to help Obama.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

And to add to that, those 75,000 will be chanting Obama's name, not "USA," like they did at Bush's last convention. It really doesn't compare.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies