Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama to hold mass rally for acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium  (Read 32593 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« on: July 08, 2008, 06:47:19 PM »

Some of the Republicans are bitching about it because it's going to be effective and their convention is going to be pitiful in comparison. Really, I can see why they are frustrated. Makes them look like absolute idiots of course but I can see where they are coming from.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.

Comparing Obama to Hitler is having an open, honest, sincere discussion? Who knew?
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

Waaah!!! My candidate is dull and behind the polls so I'm going to compare yours to Hitler!

Well, the Obama zombie clones have made it obvious that having an open, honest, sincere discussion about their candidate is all but impossible.

Comparing Obama to Hitler is having an open, honest, sincere discussion? Who knew?

If you will go back to the start of the thread, instead of languishing in willful ignorance, you would see that I started by attempting a serious discussion and was immediately met with a "well... what about McCain" style response that attempted to deflect criticism away from Obama.

Do you realize how ridiculous you appear right now? He's going to speak at a stadium. Oh my god. Is it a political ploy? Duh. Will it work? Probably. Don't get upset beause your corpse of a candidate couldn't pull this off. Is Obama cocky and arrogant? Does he have a big ego? Of course. So does McCain. They're uh, politicians. I mean, you can go ahead and try to argue this... retarded issue... it is kind of funny seeing you squirm and you truly do come off looking like a pitiful wretch.  
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »

It's like when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier.  The only purpose is to show everyone how awesome Obama is... its no different from George W. Bush's need to show how awesome his penis is.  It's the same mentality.  It's ego.  Nothing but.

Newsflash - McCain has an ego too. All politicans do. They. Are. Politicians. I was going to degrade your intelligence (Even though you've done a bang-up job of that already) but something tells me you're mentally unstable at this point in time. Call it a hunch.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »

Whoever started this thread and whoever is continuing the meaning of this thread needs to talk about this with their therapist. Seriously. I am not trying to "censor" you, I just think that this is not what rational adults talk about.

Yeah, ration adults sit around and shout meaningless slogans at the top of their lungs to be just like everyone else around them, while they manage to forget that this is supposed to be an election for President of the United States, not the pep club.

I thought you were done with this topic? Failure to cease this futile argument will result in the termination of whatever sliver of integrity you may have left.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »

Whoever started this thread and whoever is continuing the meaning of this thread needs to talk about this with their therapist. Seriously. I am not trying to "censor" you, I just think that this is not what rational adults talk about.

Yeah, ration adults sit around and shout meaningless slogans at the top of their lungs to be just like everyone else around them, while they manage to forget that this is supposed to be an election for President of the United States, not the pep club.

Yup. Bitter.

Yeah... I am bitter, because I hate black people, and young people, and popular people.  That's what this is all about.  It has nothing to do with anything other than that... obviously. 

There's nothing wrong with being upset that Obama is winning, or with opposing him.....now you know how we felt in 2004. Smiley

But comparing him to a Nazi is a tad over the top Chris; you must admit.

I don't want to see that repeated by putting in another person who is of the same mind-set as our ing insane current President.

I agree completely. We must not let McCain become president
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 10:34:55 PM »

Obama could be assassinated at this event. Remember what happened to RFK?

Thanks, because when you chime in and say stupid sh**t like that it really helps my case.

You really didn't have a "case" to begin with. You're at the bottom of the barrel. So it's not as if you could be possibly be hurt by comments like those.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »

I thought it was when the election was over. If he won or not. Good, those kids deserve something after having to be without their dads for long stretches at a time.

Actually, that is not psychologically healthy for children at all.   And I'm not sure how it works, but either way it was in exchange for something.  Giving children something as a replacement for a father's absence is, in and of itself, damaging to a child, as it teaches them any number of lessons, none of which are positive.  And the very fact that they thought they could make this demand is telling in and of itself.  That is my point,

okay

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You are crazy. Seek help.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »

The Obamaniac frothing lynch mob we see in this thread sure inspires a total lack of confidence for what'd happen in the US if he loses. I wonder how long the rioting would go on for before the army finishes putting it down?

Valid arguments against Obama would include lack of experience, his flip-flopping etc. Invalid arguments would include moving to a bigger stadium and getting his kids a puppy. If you use an invalid argument, you deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule. This is applicable to both sides.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »

The hottest ticket in town was literally burning the ears of the phone operators Thursday.

That would be the ticket for Barack Obama's Aug. 28 nomination acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High — an event expected to draw 75,000 people on the final night of the Democratic National Convention.

In about a 24-hour period, 60,000 Coloradans had submitted requests for tickets — forcing the Obama campaign to start a waiting list. The campaign and the Democratic National Convention Committee said more than half of the available seating would go to Colorado residents.

"We're pleased that so many people want to be part of this historic event," Obama spokesman Matt Chandler said. "We've said from the start this is going to be America's convention, and I think we've seen today that it's truly going to be Colorado's convention, too."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/obama-ticket-lines-jammed/

Yeah, I applied for a ticket yesterday morning. Let us pray I get one
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies