Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come?  (Read 9586 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: July 09, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »

Some might say Iran.  Some might say China.  Some might say N. Korea.  Some might even say ourselves.  All of those are big threats, no doubt, but I've got my eye on a country we've had trouble with before--GERMANY.

The reason I say Germany is our biggest threat is due to the Euro.  France and Germany were in cahoots in creating the Euro.  They created the Euro to force all the European nations to come under one currency so the Germans and the French could "currency-gouge" the rest of Europe and force them to break loose of the grip of the Euro.  Plus, in my opinion, Germany did not learn its lesson from World War II and the United States failed to completely stabilize the country mainly because stupidly got ourselves into a Pacific theater with Japan. (Japan wasn't our biggest enemy in WW2, we made them our biggest enemy.)  If America had done things right like befriend Japan (they wanted to be our friend in the late 1930s), we may have been able to avoid Pearl Harbor.  Since Pearl Harbor happened our focus had to mainly shift out to the Pacific and thus the European theater ended a good 5 months before the Pacific theater.  We didn't treat the Germans with a whole lot of respect coming out WW2 and during the Cold War.  That's part of the reason they decided to initiate the Euro some 50 years after the suicide of Hitler.  I can very easily see another German attack on France in the coming years and I can see them linking arms with Italy again and plunge the world back into World War 3 in the next 10-15 years.

Iran's threat will diminish over time if we just stay out of the country.

China has too many laws against its own people to sustain their threat for 20-30 years, not too mention the pollution and the cigarette smoke is much worse than it is in America and that will eventually kill off a lot of the Chinese.

The North Korean threat is also diminishing.

I'll write more later...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 10:32:35 AM »

I bet TexasDumbAsRocks told BushOK to post this b/c she couldn't bring herself to log in or some sh**t like that

Wow, you might be on to something for once.

Would you guys just cool it, please.  Why do you have to insult me and ridicule me for being friends with these nice folks.  Quit acting childish.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

All of those are big threats, no doubt, but I've got my eye on a country we've had trouble with before--GERMANY.

The reason I say Germany is our biggest threat is due to the Euro.  France and Germany were in cahoots in creating the Euro.  They created the Euro to force all the European nations to come under one currency so the Germans and the French could "currency-gouge" the rest of Europe and force them to break loose of the grip of the Euro.  Plus, in my opinion, Germany did not learn its lesson from World War II and the United States failed to completely stabilize the country mainly because stupidly got ourselves into a Pacific theater with Japan. (Japan wasn't our biggest enemy in WW2, we made them our biggest enemy.)  If America had done things right like befriend Japan (they wanted to be our friend in the late 1930s), we may have been able to avoid Pearl Harbor.  Since Pearl Harbor happened our focus had to mainly shift out to the Pacific and thus the European theater ended a good 5 months before the Pacific theater.  We didn't treat the Germans with a whole lot of respect coming out WW2 and during the Cold War.  That's part of the reason they decided to initiate the Euro some 50 years after the suicide of Hitler.  I can very easily see another German attack on France in the coming years and I can see them linking arms with Italy again and plunge the world back into World War 3 in the next 10-15 years.

Mere words cannot express quite how utterly stupid the above post is.

Spot on.

Jeff - Have you read anything on US/German relations since 1945? The Germans see their past (1914-1945) with shame and have been willing to do anything to forget the past. Their military is actually zilch. They resuse to have any nuclear arsenal and trust the French and Britian to protect them. The EU and NATO have made it so that Europe is united in its cause for security and economic growth throughout Europe. The Germans rely on the Euro, with the rest of Europe, for economic success. If anything, Germany will pass the British as America's biggest ally in the next 20-25 years.

Seriously Jeff, I have high regard for you on this forum, but sometimes you post some threads that absolutely have no logic! And this takes the cake.

I know that sometimes I post things that are illogical to the members on the forum, and frankly, I post them because I have somewhat of a different view than mainstream America or mainstream Atlas as the case may be.  Now, I will grant you that pinning 21st century Germany as a threat is a weird stretch, but I'm not going to back down on the things I post.  I know Down and BRTD would like me to leave the forum totally, but that will not happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »

I bet TexasDumbAsRocks told BushOK to post this b/c she couldn't bring herself to log in or some sh**t like that

Wow, you might be on to something for once.

Would you guys just cool it, please.  Why do you have to insult me and ridicule me for being friends with these nice folks.  Quit acting childish.
Find some new friends, that's the only advice I could give other than get a therapist

I do find new friends, but I will not let go of these two friends, no matter what may be the "popular opinion" of those two.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

Hey BushOklahoma what are your views of the coming nonwhite majority in the US and of the very soon ending of the protestant majority(a few years ago some study showed the US as 52% protestant and with immigration/all the scandals..)?

I welcome the nonwhite majority in the USA, as I look beyond race and ethnicity, though I am very saddened by the lack of Christian fundamentals and values in this nation.  (not fundamentalists, but fundamentals), and that is aimed at protestants, catholics, and non-believers.  That is aimed at myself, too.

I believe in the SOCAS (separation of church and state), but that shouldn't stop our leaders from consulting their God in how best to govern this nation.  They don't have to, and should not, wear their religion on their sleeve and force it down everyone's throat, but they do need to PRIVATELY consult their God in the governing of this nation.  That goes for ALL nations and ALL leaders, not just the United States and her President.  There is nothing wrong with our President or members of Congress, Republican or Democrat, privately praying and asking his God what to do next.

So, to better answer your question, I welcome with exceeding joy the multiple ethnicities and cultures, but I loathe and am deeply saddened by the lack of Christian ideals in this country, not necessarily protestant ideals.

Thank you for the question!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »

Ourselves.
Hey BushOklahoma what are your views of the coming nonwhite majority in the US and of the very soon ending of the protestant majority(a few years ago some study showed the US as 52% protestant and with immigration/all the scandals..)?

I welcome the nonwhite majority in the USA, as I look beyond race and ethnicity, though I am very saddened by the lack of Christian fundamentals and values in this nation.  (not fundamentalists, but fundamentals), and that is aimed at protestants, catholics, and non-believers.  That is aimed at myself, too.

I believe in the SOCAS (separation of church and state), but that shouldn't stop our leaders from consulting their God in how best to govern this nation.  They don't have to, and should not, wear their religion on their sleeve and force it down everyone's throat, but they do need to PRIVATELY consult their God in the governing of this nation.  That goes for ALL nations and ALL leaders, not just the United States and her President.  There is nothing wrong with our President or members of Congress, Republican or Democrat, privately praying and asking his God what to do next.

So, to better answer your question, I welcome with exceeding joy the multiple ethnicities and cultures, but I loathe and am deeply saddened by the lack of Christian ideals in this country, not necessarily protestant ideals.

Thank you for the question!!!

What do you think about Jews and Muslims in this country who have virtually similar values as Christians, but a different religion in name?

I accept them as well!!  I prefer Christianity and will try to proclaim Christ's name insofar as possible, but I do like most of the values of Judaism and Islam for they are very similar to Christian ideals.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 07:02:51 PM »

Some might say Iran.  Some might say China.  Some might say N. Korea.  Some might even say ourselves.  All of those are big threats, no doubt, but I've got my eye on a country we've had trouble with before--GERMANY.

Iran's threat will diminish over time if we just stay out of the country.

China has too many laws against its own people to sustain their threat for 20-30 years, not too mention the pollution and the cigarette smoke is much worse than it is in America and that will eventually kill off a lot of the Chinese.

The North Korean threat is also diminishing.

I'll write more later...

Were you on drugs when you posted this?

I wasn't on drugs, although at the time, i was posting from my dorm room at the computer camp in Atlanta and sick of junior high boys being well...  boys.  So, I wasn't thinking too clearly when this was posted, and I certainly don't believe it now.  I still don't think China is our biggest threat, though.  I agree with KeeptheChange that we are our own worst enemy.  If we keep borrowing money from China, they could eventually call us to account and we're in trouble.  Of course, it's weird now, but I've heard that Japan is becoming our biggest lender.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies