Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:42:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you see as America's biggest threat in the years and decades to come?  (Read 9580 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:51 PM »

I think the Germans are more concerned with Fußball and Käsekrainer than attacking France and starting WW3.

I would say that the relationship between the U.S. and Russia is eroding and Putin represents the biggest threat to U.S. National Security (and this not only for the cool relations with Russia itself, but the disagreements in how Russia supports Iranian nuclear efforts)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »

As I stated earlier, I think Russia is our biggest threat, if not directly, but indirectly by supporting our enemies and arming them under the table.

I agree with BushOklahoma in that I welcome different cultures and religions.  My first theology professor at school (a priest at a monastery) believed wholeheartedly that all the faithful would go to heaven.  The idea is that none are denied heaven if they choose to seek it... even after death... which is the point of praying for those that have recently died.

He believed that you were in the darkness upon death, and if you were a faithful believer in life, God's light would be apparent and you would immediately go towards it, but that for those that were not faithful and evil in life, the light would be very dim and far away... and that you would spend eternity seeking the light and never finding it.. which is hell. 

It is the main purpose of All Saints Day.. to pray for all souls that they might find God.

Then again, I also sat through mass with a priest that told me I could take communion even though I'm not Catholic and he basically blessed a bottle of wine he got at the grocery store and split up a kaiser roll...

So, yeah.. it was a liberal Monastery.  (but one of hte largest in the world, with 180 monks)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies