Awesome Idea for My Fellow PF Fans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:41:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Awesome Idea for My Fellow PF Fans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Awesome Idea for My Fellow PF Fans  (Read 5653 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2004, 11:12:48 PM »

Guys, i just got an awesome idea.  The creature of President Forever is accepting senarios from others so they can be put on the website and distributed.  Let's make our own.  I think that if we combined our efforts, we could make a ass-kicking senario for the 2008 elections.  We could even make two; one for a Bush win in 2004 and one that assumes a Kerry win.  
We could come up with all the viable candidates for such an election.  For the Republicans we could have people like McCain, Rice, Powell, Frist, Coleman, Rumsfeld, Romney, Owens, Jeb Bush, Giuliani and others.  For the Dems we could have Kerry, an improved Edwards, Feinstien, Hillary Clinton, Ed Rendell and others.  
I can't do all of the technical stuff, but if anyone can I would be more than happy to do the research for it.  We would creat a set of issues that we think will be important in 2008. (ie rebuilding the Middle-east, paying down the Debt, etc.)  If we discussed it, I'm sure that we could think far ahead enough to see what the major issues will be.  We can also work to take accuont of demographic changes.

This can be our little project.  Something we can all work on together and in the end it would be soooo cool.  What do you guys think?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 08:56:04 AM »

I'd like to join the team Grin
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 10:38:32 AM »

I think it's an awesome idea too...though I foresee problems with partisanship when it comes to deciding issues... 'What should we do now that Bush fixed the Middle East' or 'How will the candidates respond to the disatrous state that Bush left the economy in', etc. Otherwise, great. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 10:48:08 AM »

I think it's an awesome idea too...though I foresee problems with partisanship when it comes to deciding issues... 'What should we do now that Bush fixed the Middle East' or 'How will the candidates respond to the disatrous state that Bush left the economy in', etc. Otherwise, great. Smiley

That's why I figured we could make two senarios.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 10:49:19 AM »

Yeah, but the effect of a Bush term or Kerry term on the issues being discussed might be subject to debate. Just a thought, that's all.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »

Yeah, but the effect of a Bush term or Kerry term on the issues being discussed might be subject to debate. Just a thought, that's all.

I understand, but I'm sure that we could work it out.  Anyway, the senerios should be set up so both sides have a chance to win.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 10:53:47 AM »

I understand, but I'm sure that we could work it out.  Anyway, the senerios should be set up so both sides have a chance to win.

Yeah, I agree. It depends on which people will be aprticiapting in this...not that I wanna mention any names, you know... Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 10:56:22 AM »

Yeah, I agree. It depends on which people will be aprticiapting in this...not that I wanna mention any names, you know... Wink

LOL  yeah, I do.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 11:42:41 AM »

I'd love to participate. I've created a whole bunch of people to use in the 2004 elections to run as president, including Bill Richardson, Mitt Romney, Bill Frist, Ben Campbell, among others.

What we have to consider, for a 2008 election coming off two terms of Bush:

Choices for candidates
Issues (as supersoulty said, middle east debt, etc)
Electorate trends (what states are moving to the left, and which ones are moving to the right?)
Third party candidates

TheWildCard is pretty savvy with the technical aspects, I think. I haven't seen him on lately, though. I'm sure he'd be interested in this.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »

>: D
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies