What courses are you taking this semster?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:23:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What courses are you taking this semster?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What courses are you taking this semster?  (Read 2970 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

lol PhysEd. After like 10 years of suffering through it, I'm done Smiley. I didn't care for the class at the end that I decided not to do the Summative worth 20% of the mark (except for one part). The Summative included a presentation, magazine article on fitness, and 6 weeks logged training for a outdoor public fitness event.

I wasn't the only one not doing it, though. I'd even say 75% didn't do the last part. Except for my friend who was the only guy who cared about the class. He did the homework (lol) and turned stuff in on time (haha).
Only on this forum does one encounter people who actually disliked PE... Although I can't say I was fond of the Mile Run every week.

Mile Run every week? For the last 3 years, we've ran 2½ miles each Friday. Thankfully, that's over now.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »

What on earth is "Freshman Seminar?" Is that about who sells booze to minors, and other important essentials? 

A combo writing/'what you said' course from what I can see. Required o/c.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am surprised give the metro area that the class is not entitled, "Principles of Plutocratic Plundering of the Planet and Its People."

Tongue
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »

When I go this fall I'll be taking (and all are required except the last one Tongue):

Business and Commercial Law
Business Finance
Business Communication
Career Information
Organizational Behavior
Operations Management
Beginning Badminton
I suck at badminton. I'm pretty good at all other racquet sports, but not badminton, good luck with that.

I just find it funny you mention something with the easiest class on that list. Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »

ARB 101: Introductory Arabic I
CEM 181H: Honors Chemistry I
CEM 185H: Honors Chemistry I Labs
PLS 334: Campaigns and Elections
LIN 401: Introduction to Linguistics
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »

Have fun with pharyngealized sounds!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »

Whee!

Hey, if I taught myself how to uvular trill, I can pharyngealize Tongue

(I figure it was that or Mandarin, and learning a new alphabet/abjad is way more appealing to me than learning thousands of new characters.  And I don't think I could stop myself from lapsing into English tone patterns when I got excited Wink)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 07:55:48 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2008, 08:03:02 PM by ޒަހަރު) زَهَـرْ) »

Whee!

(I figure it was that or Mandarin, and learning a new alphabet/abjad is way more appealing to me than learning thousands of new characters.  And I don't think I could stop myself from lapsing into English tone patterns when I got excited Wink)

Uvular trills are nothing. Seriously. At least a quarter of the sounds of Arabic are harder than that.

Well, when reading the Qur'an today, I was confronted with ّع, a geminated voiced pharyngeal fricative ([?\Smile). I spent a few minutes with that one. And then there was طع ([t_?\i?\]).
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:43 PM »

Whee!

Uvular trills are nothing. Seriously. At least a quarter of the sounds of Arabic are harder than that.

Well, when reading the Qur'an today, I was confronted with ّع, a geminated voiced pharyngeal fricative ([?\Smile). I spent a few minutes with that one. And then there was طع ([t_?\i?\]).

Imagine how hard it must be for non-linguists :S

Still, with Spanish and Arabic as my languages (and probably a random semester of a random third one... there's Portuguese for Spanish-speakers or something that would make bono happy), I expect at least a few men in nondescript suits and nondescript cars nondescriptly knocking on my door, at some nondescript time after I graduate.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »

This is what I signed up for, though my school is stupid and won't tell me what classes I actually got thrown into until August 20th or something.

Intensive First Level Russian
Intro to Biblical Lit
Comparative Political Systems
Intermediate German
Europe: Fall of Rome - Millennium
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »

Whee!

Still, with Spanish and Arabic as my languages (and probably a random semester of a random third one... there's Portuguese for Spanish-speakers or something that would make bono happy), I expect at least a few men in nondescript suits and nondescript cars nondescriptly knocking on my door, at some nondescript time after I graduate.

Tongue

Well, good luck with s_t (even though Wikipedia says it's T, it really isn't), X/, x (though that shouldn't be that hard), z_t (even though Wikipedia says it's D, it really isn't), s_?\, d_?\, t_?\, and z_?\. Plus the massive amount of allophony exhibited as a result.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

Whee!

Tongue

Well, good luck with s_t (even though Wikipedia says it's T, it really isn't), X/, x (though that shouldn't be that hard), z_t (even though Wikipedia says it's D, it really isn't), s_?\, d_?\, t_?\, and z_?\. Plus the massive amount of allophony exhibited as a result.

(X-)SAMPA is for n00bs.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 10:05:03 PM »

Whee!

Tongue

(X-)SAMPA is for n00bs.

You use Kirshenbaum?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »

Whee!

Tongue

(X-)SAMPA is for n00bs.

You use Kirshenbaum?

Who needs derivations from IPA when you can go to the source?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »

Mgmt 5- Intro to Management
Bio sci M171- Physical Biochem
History 21a- World history- Beginning-1650
Poly sci 129- 2008 presidential elections

IF I dont get an A in that last class....... I just wasted a lot of time on this forum. Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »

Writing and Literature. A awful course where we study french texts who were written before 1850 and we analyse them and their literary style.

Philosophy and rationality. Another awful course where we study philosophers of Ancient Greece and Ancient Roma.

English. A very easy one. You read a 100 pages book in English and you listen a movie in English without subtitles. They learn you the grammar.

Badminton. Could be named weekly torture. I chose badminton because that was the better than volleyball or flag-football.

Evolution and diversity of living things. A biology course.

Differential Calculus. The title is obvious.

General Chemistry: The Matter. A chemistry course.

By looking the courses than people here are taking, I saw than sciences jobs are not very popular.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2008, 01:09:48 AM »

Who needs derivations from IPA when you can go to the source?

This forum, with its lack of support for IPA, does.

Poly sci 129- 2008 presidential elections

IF I dont get an A in that last class....... I just wasted a lot of time on this forum. Tongue

Oh, you better.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 07:19:34 AM »

Writing and Literature. A awful course where we study french texts who were written before 1850 and we analyse them and their literary style.

Philosophy and rationality. Another awful course where we study philosophers of Ancient Greece and Ancient Roma.

English. A very easy one. You read a 100 pages book in English and you listen a movie in English without subtitles. They learn you the grammar.

Badminton. Could be named weekly torture. I chose badminton because that was the better than volleyball or flag-football.

By looking the courses than people here are taking, I saw than sciences jobs are not very popular.

I'd die taking those courses. Not one of those appeals to me at all.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »

I'd die taking those courses. Not one of those appeals to me at all.

I agree with you for the four first one. Those are general formation courses. They are mandatory for everybody who is in a college in Quebec and the college is mandatory to go at university. For the sciences courses, you need to want to work in a science job.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies