The direction of the Republican Party if McCain loses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:26:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The direction of the Republican Party if McCain loses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The direction of the Republican Party if McCain loses  (Read 18921 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 17, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

There is a growing populist trend among social conservatives who are becoming less concerned with moral issues and more with Health Care and Education and they typically favor big government solutions to both issues. The one Presidential candidate who represented this was Mike Huckabee. As Barry Goldwater once said "he scares the hell out of me". This movement if unchecked would lead to an exodus of Libertarians and economic conservatives over to the Democrats, and in inspite of my Socially Conservative views, I might just be one of them. This party will not survive if it forgets its small government roots.

More likely they will join the Libertarian Party methinks -I can't see any self-respecting libertarian Republican (think Philip) joining a party that they have long perceived as being more in favor of big government than the GOP. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »

Now we know.    Tongue

All I'm waiting for now is to have Sarah Palin win the GOP 2012 presidential nomination and pick a fellow tea-partier as her running-mate (Jim DeMint?) to seal the deal. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies