Hawaii and Alaska (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:50:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Hawaii and Alaska (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hawaii and Alaska  (Read 5284 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« on: September 03, 2004, 05:49:03 PM »

My thoughts are:

Alaska-A pretty libertarian minded state espeically in terms of gun control (hunting's big up there) and ecology (the oil industry is obviously huge).  Also, as others said, the lack of large cities contributes a lot to the GOP vote.  However, I think the Dems may have a glimmer of hope there for the future with their popular former Democratic governor probably a slight favorite to knock off the unpopular Republican incumbent.

Hawaii-I think Hawaii might vote democratic for a couple of reasons.  First off, Hawaiians don't strike me as the type of people who would attend Church a lot and thus there probably aren't that many of the religious right out there.  Also, the state probably attracts a lot of younger, fresh out of college naturalists who tend to be Democratic.  However, a recent poll showed Kerry only +7 there and a Republican governor may give the GOP some hope for the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies