Hawaii and Alaska (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:47:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Hawaii and Alaska (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hawaii and Alaska  (Read 5322 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: September 03, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

The Democratic voting base is locked up in big cities. As you can imagine, Alaska doesn't have many of them.

I have no clue about Hawaii though. I've been trying to kick them out for a long time, but no one will sign my petition. Wink

Thanks...as for Hawaii...don't worry its only 3 EVs!!!

No, it's 4.

Anyway.

I basically agree with everything that has been said, here.
Alaska votes Republican because they are Libertarian, economically at least, and they are very supportive of the oil industry. The lack of a major city doesn't help the Democrats, and I generally don't think of Alaska as a very socially liberal place. I think Alaska will turn heavily Democratic in 50 years, when the environment starts to break down, or when someone finally convinces them the oil industry just isn't worth it, which won't hapen soon.

Hawaii is Democratic because of the environment, they have a beautiful one, and I think they are intent on keeping it that way. They are also liberal because of Social Liberalness, which, can be found by walking down the streets of Honolulu. They are culturally different than the mainland, and I believe their commitment to respecting diversity makes them Democratic.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies