"the Antichrist" teaching is a myth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:43:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth  (Read 15087 times)
prophetman
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 22, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »

In Daniel 12:4 the angel told Daniel to "shut up the words of his book, and seal it even to the time of the end", meaning that the prophetic scriptures contained therein COULD NOT be understood until THE TIME OF THE END, after those scriptures had come to pass.
And yet, some 300-400 years ago our Protestant forefathers created a myth out of those scriptures which today is still accepted as truth.

The myth of which I refer is "the Antichrist" teaching......the teaching which says that, sometime in the future a false messiah called "the Antichrist" will arise, and will sign a peace treaty with Israel.  And that, he will take away the (yet to be reinstated animal sacrifices), and will sit down in a (yet to be built) temple in Jerusalem, and claim to be God.

Problem is, the prophetic scriptures say nothing at all about a coming false messiah, nor is the word "Antichrist" found anywhere in the prophetic scriptures.
Nor do the prophetic sacriptures say anything about a peace treaty with Israel, nor about animal sacrifices, nor about a rebuilt Jewish temple.

The early Protestants; john Darby and others,  simply ignored Dan.12:4, and by adding to the scriptures they created their own version of end-time events.  Sadly, it's the version which the whole Christian world has come to believe.

The bottom line of all the end-time scriptures is this:
"The Second Coming of Christ cannot occur until America falls away, and black Americans exalt themselves above the white Americans and above God." 

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

Somewhere in the world, a subway station is missing its hobo.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:56:22 PM »

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »

Ummmmmm... what?  Even if some of what you say is true, I fail to see how you justify the logical leap that you take to reach your conclusion.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »

Oh crap, retard's back.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »

Somewhere in the world, a subway station is missing its hobo.

Inebriate-Americans deserve better than your libel.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:11 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2008, 08:15:06 PM by Reluctant Republican »

I don’t know if the antichrist is real. I was listening to Coast to Coast one night a few years ago and the women on said this Middle eastern fellow was the guy. It was creepy, since apparently his followers worship him as a God. But I’ve also heard that the antiChrist is supposed to be Romanian. And recently I’ve heard Tony Blair and Barack Obama could be the antiChrist, which I do not believe. So, I don’t know if there is one or will be one.

But I think the OP is way off in his point, of course. Seems to be putting his own spin on it.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »

Problem is, the prophetic scriptures say nothing at all about a coming false messiah, nor is the word "Antichrist" found anywhere in the prophetic scriptures.

Mat 24:24 "false Christs"

Mark 13:22 "false Christs"

1John 2:18 "you have heard that the antiChrist is coming"

1John 4:3 "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antiChrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 12:13:45 AM »

1John 4:3 "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antiChrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

I was going to go hunting for those, but I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:09 AM »

I was going to go hunting for those, but I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time.

there's a 99.9% chance that we are wasting time with prophetman
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:52:19 AM »

The Anti-Christ is no one individual. The Anti-Christ is any person who denies Christ and his teachings.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 05:26:18 AM »

there's a 99.9% chance that we are wasting time with prophetman

Strongly agreed. I have a strong feeling that next he'll tell us that the New Testament (except for Revelations since he's so obsessed with it) is one long acid trip & should be ignored.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »

The Anti-Christ is no one individual. The Anti-Christ is any person who denies Christ and his teachings.

You're absolutely right.

The antichrists spoken of in 1st and 2nd John has no relavance whatsoever to the man of lawlessness  in 11Thes.2.

Our Protestant forefathers actually went outside the prophetic scriptures and borrowed the term from 1st and 2nd John, and applied it to the man of lawlessness.

Had they been mindful of the prophetic scriptures they would have recognized that the man of lawlessness is that "ten horns" that are upon Babylon in Revelation 17, and thus COULD NOT be one individual man.

But, because of their consuming hatred for the Catholic Church and for the Pope, they simply had to find terms in the prophetic scriptures which would fit those 2 entities.  Thus, they applied the term "harlot" to the Catholic Church, and the term "Antichrist" to the Pope.

Sadly, that hatred is still alive and well today in many of the Evangelical and Pentacostal churches of America. 

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 08:29:54 AM »

a) on day release?

b) what the hell does AMERICA have to do with this?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 08:36:02 AM »

Adding even the word "the" can change the whole meaning of scriptures.

And that is precisely what the author(s) did with that corrupted "One World, New Age" Bible which you are reading from.

The King James says, "Little children, it is the last time, and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists....."  (1John 2:18)

And yet, your corrupted translation says, "you have heard that "the" antichrist is coming."

Sad....really sad.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »

You're absolutely right.

The antichrists spoken of in 1st and 2nd John has no relavance whatsoever to the man of lawlessness  in 11Thes.2.

Our Protestant forefathers actually went outside the prophetic scriptures and borrowed the term from 1st and 2nd John, and applied it to the man of lawlessness.

Had they been mindful of the prophetic scriptures they would have recognized that the man of lawlessness is that "ten horns" that are upon Babylon in Revelation 17, and thus COULD NOT be one individual man.

But, because of their consuming hatred for the Catholic Church and for the Pope, they simply had to find terms in the prophetic scriptures which would fit those 2 entities.  Thus, they applied the term "harlot" to the Catholic Church, and the term "Antichrist" to the Pope.

Sadly, that hatred is still alive and well today in many of the Evangelical and Pentacostal churches of America. 

Wait, did you just say that African-Americans=the man of lawlessness?

Did you also use the number of horns as proof that they do not refer to an individual? By your logic then, the ten horns could not be African-Americans since last time I checked, there are more than ten African-Americans.

Wait, so you mean that African-Americans deny Christ & his teachings? Guess all those historically black churches are not what they seem.

Seriously though, could you try to be internally consistent with your arguments?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

Let's face it - this guy only drew the conclusions he did because of his racism. I can't see any way you could draw them otherwise.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »

Let's face it - this guy only drew the conclusions he did because of his racism. I can't see any way you could draw them otherwise.

Fortunately though, no one ever taught him how to hide his racism.
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »

Ummmmmm... what?  Even if some of what you say is true, I fail to see how you justify the logical leap that you take to reach your conclusion.

When you take into account everything that's said about the man of lawlessness, (in Daniel, Revelation 13, and 17, 11Thes.2, etc), you'll find that, without exception, America and African Americans fit the profile of every one of those scriptures.

America is that beast nation that has fallen away, and has exalted the African Americans above God.

It's the nation that cut off Christ by taking away the daily worship and prayer ("daily sacrifice and oblation") from its public schools in 1963.

And, it's the nation that put in place "the abomination of desolation" when it did away with the anti-Mescegenation law in 1967.

Dan.11:31
"And arms (the arm of the law) shall stand on his part (of the part of African Americans), and they (the European Americans) shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that.

Damn heathens & their bloody 1st Amendement. Angry

What do you have against inter-racial marriage?
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

You're absolutely right.

Did you also use the number of horns as proof that they do not refer to an individual? By your logic then, the ten horns could not be African-Americans since last time I checked, there are more than ten African-Americans.

Wait, so you mean that African-Americans deny Christ & his teachings? Guess all those historically black churches are not what they seem.

Seriously though, could you try to be internally consistent with your arguments?

Scriptures do not say that the man of lawlessness "denies Christ and his teachings".  It says that, they "oppose" and "exalt themselves" above all that is called God, or that is worshipped."

In other words, they oppose and exalt themselves above the white Europeans, ie, "the God-man".

As per your comment about "the ten horns"....Don't be stupid!

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 09:25:52 AM »

You're absolutely right.

Scriptures do not say that the man of lawlessness "denies Christ and his teachings".  It says that, they "oppose" and "exalt themselves" above all that is called God, or that is worshipped."

In other words, they oppose and exalt themselves above the white Europeans, ie, "the God-man".

As per your comment about "the ten horns"....Don't be stupid!

Don't be hypocritical!
prophetman
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 09:26:12 AM »

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that.

Damn heathens & their bloody 1st Amendement. Angry

What do you have against inter-racial marriage?

What do "I" have against inter-racial marriage?!!

You're asking the wrong person....Better to ask GOD; the One who's opinion matters.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2008, 09:28:43 AM »

Among first world countries, America is by far one of the most if not the most religious. You're letting your prejudice against African Americans cloud your judgment. And frankly, I don't see why someone as obviously racist as you isn't calling them ns - we all know that's what you really think of them.

You are aware that other largely Christian countries also don't have prayer in public schools, right? In fact, France hasn't had any school prayer since 1789. In fact they ban even having conspicuous religious symbols for public school students - I'd say that if this is your standard then France meets it far better than the US does.

And you might also wish to reconsider this considering a short prayer in school does not constitute "sacrifice and oblation" - nothing was sacrified, and it wasn't oblation since no offerings were made.

Where exactly in the Bible does it say that interacial marriage is an "abomination" of any sort? As far as I know there is no such passage.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

Is it me or did you just admit to not actually thinking for yourself?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies