"the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth  (Read 15181 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 22, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »

Problem is, the prophetic scriptures say nothing at all about a coming false messiah, nor is the word "Antichrist" found anywhere in the prophetic scriptures.

Mat 24:24 "false Christs"

Mark 13:22 "false Christs"

1John 2:18 "you have heard that the antiChrist is coming"

1John 4:3 "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antiChrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:29:09 AM »

Problem is, the prophetic scriptures say nothing at all about a coming false messiah, nor is the word "Antichrist" found anywhere in the prophetic scriptures.

1John 4:3 "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antiChrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

I was going to go hunting for those, but I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time.

there's a 99.9% chance that we are wasting time with prophetman
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:54:25 AM »
« Edited: July 23, 2008, 12:49:40 PM by jmfcst »

Adding even the word "the" can change the whole meaning of scriptures.

And that is precisely what the author(s) did with that corrupted "One World, New Age" Bible which you are reading from.

The King James says, "Little children, it is the last time, and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists....."  (1John 2:18)

And yet, your corrupted translation says, "you have heard that "the" antichrist is coming."

Sad....really sad.

even the King James differentiates between the singular "antichrist" and the plural "antichrists"

"Little children, it is the last time, and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists....."  (1John 2:18)

John is pointing to a future time when a singular antichrist shall come, even though there are many people (plural) who currently oppose Christ and therefore can be defined as antiChrists. 

as to the different bible versions:  you can choose whatever version you like as the basis for any discussion with me, for I have yet to find any belief of mine that changes depended on which version I read because I never base any thing on one verse. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »

Jesus said in Matt.24:15,  "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation "spoken of by Daniel the prophet" stand in the holy place...."

That abomination of which Daniel spoke is found in chapter 11, verse 17, which says, "and he (America) shall give him (shall give the man of lawlessness) the daughter of women (America's white daughters) corrupting her:  but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him." 

dude, you're revealing too much.  please let me live out my life in ignorance of your great knowledge.

but, I can be kind to you, because your biblical beliefs are about as twisted as many on this forum.  It  may be a different set of beliefs, but just as twisted.

cheers
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:45:23 PM »

*sigh*

Again, that's you stating the abomination is interracial marriage, but that's your own conclusion and not an explicit statement. So let me make this as simple as possible - can you find ONE place in the bible that explicitly says that marrying someone with a different skin color is a sin or an abomination? ANYTHING that says it is an act forbidden by God.

If you can't find anywhere that makes it a forbidden act, then your basis for reaching this conclusion is only your own racism and not based on any sort of scripture. Rather, they are based on an irrational hatred you hold in your heart for your fellow human beings.

applying reason for once, are you?  glad to see it
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 01:10:28 PM »

applying reason for once, are you?  glad to see it

For once? I apply it plenty. I've never disagreed with you on the notion that if you believe the Bible is fact that you should look up the context of previous items to help draw conclusions about things that come up later. Of course, that "if" doesn't apply to me, so if you think I'm unreasonable when I express my disagreements with the book I'd say that's rather silly of you.

I just meant I find it refreshing that you're even asking what the bible says, instead arguing against the premise of the whole book
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »

*sigh*

Again, that's you stating the abomination is interracial marriage, but that's your own conclusion and not an explicit statement. So let me make this as simple as possible - can you find ONE place in the bible that explicitly says that marrying someone with a different skin color is a sin or an abomination? ANYTHING that says it is an act forbidden by God.

If you can't find anywhere that makes it a forbidden act, then your basis for reaching this conclusion is only your own racism and not based on any sort of scripture. Rather, they are based on an irrational hatred you hold in your heart for your fellow human beings.

I know the Old Testament isn't important here because Christians don't follow the Law, but the Snow-White Miriam incident in Numbers chapter 12 might be an example of God allowing, or at least not caring, about interracial marriage.  However, it's only a few chapters away from God praising Phineas for murdering an Israelite man for socializing with a Midianite woman, so I suppose the message is mixed.  Maybe the message of the Snow-White Miriam incident is that Moses can get away with whatever he wants to because he's God's favorite.

there was no law forbidding the Israelites to marry foreign women as long as the women were converted to the religion of Israel.  (actually, the same law is in place in the New Testament for the Church)  In fact, there are many examples in the Old Testament where they married outside of their race to those who shared the same faith.

So, the Miriam incident involve a false charge against Moses, their spiritual leader.  The lesson is that you shouldn't mock your spiritual leaders without reason.

And as far as the Midianite woman mentioned later, she was not a believer in God:

Num 25:1-3 While Israel was staying in sh**ttim, the men began to indulge in sexual immorality with Moabite women, who invited them to the sacrifices to their gods. The people ate and bowed down before these gods. So Israel joined in worshiping the Baal of Peor. And the LORD's anger burned against them.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2008, 02:38:13 PM by jmfcst »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bull.  God's Word doesn't change.  Throughout the Old Testiment God strictly forbade the Israelites to mix and intermarry with the other races about them

But the reason forbidding interracial marriage was explicit:

Ex 34:15-16 5 "Be careful not to make a treaty with those who live in the land; for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to them, they will invite you and you will eat their sacrifices. 16 And when you choose some of their daughters as wives for your sons and those daughters prostitute themselves to their gods, they will lead your sons to do the same.”

But, when the foreign women worshipped the one true God of Israel, interracial marriage was allowed. 

Examples:

Moses/Zipporah, Salmon/Rahab (the father of Boaz), Boaz/Ruth (mother of Obed, grandfather of David), David/Bathsheba (mother of Solomon, in the blood line of Jesus Christ).

---

Doesn't the New Testament say that as long as two share the same faith, they were allowed to marry whomever they wish?

1Cor 7:39  “she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies