"the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "the Antichrist" teaching is a myth  (Read 15150 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 23, 2008, 05:26:18 AM »

Problem is, the prophetic scriptures say nothing at all about a coming false messiah, nor is the word "Antichrist" found anywhere in the prophetic scriptures.

Mat 24:24 "false Christs"

Mark 13:22 "false Christs"

1John 2:18 "you have heard that the antiChrist is coming"

1John 4:3 "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antiChrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."

I was going to go hunting for those, but I figured it wasn't worth wasting my time.

there's a 99.9% chance that we are wasting time with prophetman

Strongly agreed. I have a strong feeling that next he'll tell us that the New Testament (except for Revelations since he's so obsessed with it) is one long acid trip & should be ignored.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:48:59 AM »

The Anti-Christ is no one individual. The Anti-Christ is any person who denies Christ and his teachings.

You're absolutely right.

The antichrists spoken of in 1st and 2nd John has no relavance whatsoever to the man of lawlessness  in 11Thes.2.

Our Protestant forefathers actually went outside the prophetic scriptures and borrowed the term from 1st and 2nd John, and applied it to the man of lawlessness.

Had they been mindful of the prophetic scriptures they would have recognized that the man of lawlessness is that "ten horns" that are upon Babylon in Revelation 17, and thus COULD NOT be one individual man.

But, because of their consuming hatred for the Catholic Church and for the Pope, they simply had to find terms in the prophetic scriptures which would fit those 2 entities.  Thus, they applied the term "harlot" to the Catholic Church, and the term "Antichrist" to the Pope.

Sadly, that hatred is still alive and well today in many of the Evangelical and Pentacostal churches of America. 

Wait, did you just say that African-Americans=the man of lawlessness?

Did you also use the number of horns as proof that they do not refer to an individual? By your logic then, the ten horns could not be African-Americans since last time I checked, there are more than ten African-Americans.

Wait, so you mean that African-Americans deny Christ & his teachings? Guess all those historically black churches are not what they seem.

Seriously though, could you try to be internally consistent with your arguments?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »

Let's face it - this guy only drew the conclusions he did because of his racism. I can't see any way you could draw them otherwise.

Fortunately though, no one ever taught him how to hide his racism.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please tell me that you don't actually believe that.

Damn heathens & their bloody 1st Amendement. Angry

What do you have against inter-racial marriage?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

Is it me or did you just admit to not actually thinking for yourself?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 06:40:16 AM »

The Anti-Christ is no one individual. The Anti-Christ is any person who denies Christ and his teachings.

I'm the Anti-Christ then, I guess.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:56:03 PM »

*sigh*

Again, that's you stating the abomination is interracial marriage, but that's your own conclusion and not an explicit statement. So let me make this as simple as possible - can you find ONE place in the bible that explicitly says that marrying someone with a different skin color is a sin or an abomination? ANYTHING that says it is an act forbidden by God.

If you can't find anywhere that makes it a forbidden act, then your basis for reaching this conclusion is only your own racism and not based on any sort of scripture. Rather, they are based on an irrational hatred you hold in your heart for your fellow human beings.

I know the Old Testament isn't important here because Christians don't follow the Law, but the Snow-White Miriam incident in Numbers chapter 12 might be an example of God allowing, or at least not caring, about interracial marriage.  However, it's only a few chapters away from God praising Phineas for murdering an Israelite man for socializing with a Midianite woman, so I suppose the message is mixed.  Maybe the message of the Snow-White Miriam incident is that Moses can get away with whatever he wants to because he's God's favorite.

Alternatively, the message could be to not associate with Midianites. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies