Vermont gubernatorial election, 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:23:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Vermont gubernatorial election, 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which candidate do you support?
Anthony Pollina (Progressive)

Gaye Symington (Democrat)

Jim Douglas (Republican)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Vermont gubernatorial election, 2008  (Read 15501 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: July 26, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »

I know this has nothing to do with the Gubernatorial Election but I think that the Vermont Progressives should consider being part of the Greens. You know, smaller states are easier to start with because you don't need that much money for advertising and you don't need that many votes.

They can't do that -- they actually have elected officeholders.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:31:33 PM »

They can't do that -- they actually have elected officeholders.

Actually, the Green Party has around 230 elected officials nationwide, including the mayor of a city in California with over 100,000 people (Richmond).

That being said, I do not see the point in having the Vermont Progressives (or the Working Families Party) merge with the Greens currently. If there was PR and party lists for parliamentary elections in the US, then it would make sense though.

Sorry, let me qualify: they actually have elected officeholders in partisan positions. The Greens have plenty of people they slip in to nonpartisan elections, but aside from John Eder (and that was only for like, 2 terms), can't get anyone elected to a partisan office.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 05:41:02 PM »

I don't want to make a new thread about this, so I'll stick it in here: the Republican candidate for Attorney General in Vermont is a M2F transsexual (not to mention crackpot).
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 07:51:52 PM »

Does Kerin just run for any old office every two years?

She lost the Republican primary for the House in 2002 and for Attorney General in 2004 and 2006. She did manage to get the Republican nomination for the House in 2000 by virtue of being the only candidate on the ballot, then won 19% of the vote against Bernie Sanders.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies