95%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:30:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  95%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: 95%  (Read 12988 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

This year 95% of blacks are purported to be voting for Obama. Seriously, can 95% of human beings agree on anything? I mean, I don't care if you're white, red, purple whatever, even religion wise. Ninety percent of people can't agree in such a sheepish manner. Are the majority of black voters really analyzing their belief system or do you think they are simply pulling the lever for a party and damn the consequences?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14:13 AM »

95% of blacks for Obama = historic
95% of whites for anything = racist

Something is wrong with that picture
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »

95% of blacks for Obama = historic
95% of whites for anything = racist

Something is wrong with that picture

Correct. Most people are just whistling past the graveyard on that fact.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 09:42:09 AM »

The GOP is basically the white protestant party with a few token nonwhites so a republican like you has ZERO ability to call out blacks for being monolithic voters.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:20:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, I have no idea why black people don't vote Republican.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:14 AM »

Yup, 3 people praising distinguished public servants.  That is a reason for a group about 40 million strong to vote one way or the other
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »

Republicans should dance on tombstones more.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »

Sorry, three lame quotes doesn't explain years of sheepishness. Try again.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 11:02:53 AM »

Blacks are mostly poor.  It is only logical to vote for candidates that favor policies that favor the poor rather than policies that favor the rich.
To expect them to do otherwise is to suggest that they have low intelligence.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »

Blacks are mostly poor.  It is only logical to vote for candidates that favor policies that favor the poor rather than policies that favor the rich.
Do you honestly think that 95% of blacks are impoverished?  That is pretty racist if you want racist.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »

Do you honestly think that 95% of blacks are impoverished?  That is pretty racist if you want racist.

They also vote for candidates whose policies favor the middle class.  Seriously though the GOP has become the party of southern whites and often try to pander to  the racist vote.  Do you wonder why AfricanAmericans vote so heavily Democratic when the GOP reaches out more to the racist community than the African American community??
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »

I think you know full well that there's a little more than just respecting the dead in those comments. And Thurmond wasn't dead when Lott said that.

Anyway, it should be pretty obvious that those three comments aren't the cause, but they are a clear symptom of one of the main reasons why blacks don't vote Republican. If we went through all of them, we'd be here an awfully long time.

It's probably going to stay that way for at least the next generation.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »

and statesrights, do you feel the same way about the South voting heavily Democratic for so long?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »

Mongo,

If you read some older books on Southern politics (esp by VO Key) you will see that the main reason blacks ditched the GOP and ran to the Democrats was more the fact they were being neglected by the Republican party more then by racism.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 11:29:52 AM »

and statesrights, do you feel the same way about the South voting heavily Democratic for so long?

With the exception of South Carolina via 1940s the south didn't vote as heavily for Democrats as blacks as a group vote Democratic.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »

95% of Blacks usually vote Democratic, your assumption that their vote is based solely on race is well, racist. Tongue
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »

Kerry got about 90% of the black vote in 2004 but I forget was he black or white? As for Blacks not voting republican....read up about Nixon's southern strategy. People usually do not like political parties that pander to their sworn enemy( in this case southern racists). Also a reason why the hispanic vote will swing strongly towards the democrats this year. You can blame it on the nativist wing of the republican party.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »

I only believe it’s “racist”  if you want to call it that, due to the Blacks that turn out just to vote for Barack because he’s Black. I think it’s fair to say that most of the Africian American community would vote Democratic no matter who they put up.

That said, it frustrates me too, and not just in the race. In an ideal world, we’d see people vote based on their individual research into the candidates. But I think there’s  a large portion of the Africian American community that honestly thinks Obama will be good for their interests. Pride is there, sure, but I think many Blacks think Obama would crack down on police brutality, end the drug war, basically enact policies that favor the Black community, just because he looks like them. This seems a bit naïve to me, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Ion a side note, I do believe the Black devotion to the Democratic party benefit’s the Democrats more then it does the Blacks. African Americans need to start utilizing the intense power they can wield. Instead of voting straight Democrat, look into the other parties, start voting Green on a local level, start making the Democrats have to actually compete for your votes. But that’s just my view, I’m White so their’s a good chance I don’t have  a clue what I’m talking about.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

I only believe it’s “racist”  if you want to call it that, due to the Blacks that turn out just to vote for Barack because he’s Black. I think it’s fair to say that most of the Africian American community would vote Democratic no matter who they put up.

That said, it frustrates me too, and not just in the race. In an ideal world, we’d see people vote based on their individual research into the candidates. But I think there’s  a large portion of the Africian American community that honestly thinks Obama will be good for their interests. Pride is there, sure, but I think many Blacks think Obama would crack down on police brutality, end the drug war, basically enact policies that favor the Black community, just because he looks like them. This seems a bit naïve to me, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Ion a side note, I do believe the Black devotion to the Democratic party benefit’s the Democrats more then it does the Blacks. African Americans need to start utilizing the intense power they can wield. Instead of voting straight Democrat, look into the other parties, start voting Green on a local level, start making the Democrats have to actually compete for your votes. But that’s just my view, I’m White so their’s a good chance I don’t have  a clue what I’m talking about.

I agree with this for the msot part. African Americans were turned away by the republicans and helped a bit by Democrats, would you vote for a party that was trying to deny you your civil rights?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »

I agree with this for the msot part. African Americans were turned away by the republicans and helped a bit by Democrats, would you vote for a party that was trying to deny you your civil rights?

Actually, until 1964, the GOP was the party of civil rights.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 08:59:50 PM »

The problem for the GOP is, since 1964 they have done nothing to entice themselves to African Americans and instead focused on getting the conservative southern racist vote which broke away from the Democrats as a result of the Civil Rights Act.  If you do more to entice racists to your party than African Americans to your party, well there is your reason why African Americans don't vote Republican.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 09:05:59 PM »

The problem for the GOP is, since 1964 they have done nothing to entice themselves to African Americans and instead focused on getting the conservative southern racist vote which broke away from the Democrats as a result of the Civil Rights Act.  If you do more to entice racists to your party than African Americans to your party, well there is your reason why African Americans don't vote Republican.

Considering that Reagan and G W Bush supported extending the act, I would say that this isn't a particularly good reason.  1964 was a very long time ago.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 09:11:37 PM »

Considering that Reagan and G W Bush supported extending the act, I would say that this isn't a particularly good reason.  1964 was a very long time ago.

Point being the GOP's actions after the Civil Rights acts turned many African Americans away from their party and they haven't done anything since in order to get the African American vote back, 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »

I hear that all of those racist blacks are voting in huge numbers for Cynthia McKinney.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 11:45:25 PM »

McCain will win well over 80% of the white vote in states like MS and AL. I suppose we should call them out for being sheep as well, right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies