Worst Canadian MP
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:19:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worst Canadian MP
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Canadian MP  (Read 2867 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 29, 2008, 06:49:40 AM »

To follow suit with the other thread.

I nominate Maxime Bernier, Andre Arthur, and the Nepean Tory who is an idiot.
albertagirl
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.65, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 11:49:02 PM »

Give me a break!  Pierre is great in Nepean.  He took that spot over from David Pratt!  What a good win that was.    The worst MP is for sure Rob Anders.    I also nominate Mark Holland.  He is the biggest tool.  The biggest, most full of himself, worst MP in the House.  I can't stand to watch QP when he is on it.   

Andre is a super nice guy and is a tad strange but is actually quite good in his electorate - I mean, how else would he have won that seat as an Independant if the people didn't love him there?

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:29:05 AM »

Give me a break!  Pierre is great in Nepean.  He took that spot over from David Pratt!  What a good win that was.    The worst MP is for sure Rob Anders.    I also nominate Mark Holland.  He is the biggest tool.  The biggest, most full of himself, worst MP in the House.  I can't stand to watch QP when he is on it.  

Andre is a super nice guy and is a tad strange but is actually quite good in his electorate - I mean, how else would he have won that seat as an Independant if the people didn't love him there?

Pierre is a fascist idiot.

Arthur is a vulgar radio guy that never bothers to come to Parliament. People in that area of Quebec are weird. The closer you get to Quebec City, the weirder the people.
albertagirl
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:51:38 AM »

Pierre is hardly a facist.   But anyway, we will agree to disagree there.

As for Quebec City, I have always had the best thoughts of Andre since I have been impressed with his record in the House.  However I must defer to your knowledge on the people there in general as I have only ever been there on a business trip, and then also as a tourist.  It is quite an amazing place!

You must agree with me on Holland and Anders, though.  Even I can admit without partisanship those two are really bad MPs. 
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »

I heard that Anders voted against Nelson Mandella getting honourary Canadian citizenship or something for having Communist Party links or something like that? He sounds like Canada's answer to McCarthy, if you ask me...
albertagirl
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »

Yeah he did vote against that - was the only MP.  And look, that whole issue aside, I think the problem with Anders is how he goes about things.  It's so distasteful and really disrespectful.  But yeah, thats the main issue.  Being a Conservative here in Alberta it's not surprising I agree with him on a number of issues, but I take issue with how he goes about things.  And furthermore, I have heard rumours he is hardly ever in his riding.  But that I don't know how true it is since I don't live there. 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:10:57 AM »

I also forgot to nominate David Emerson. If he's as good as answering his constituent's letters than he is with answering mine (from May), then he's also an awful MP in addition to being a dirty scumbag.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »

Stephen Harper, since he's behind everything mentioned in this thread. Or most.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »

I second Rob Anders; Well, at least he is the most right wing MP.

I've heard some bad things about Omar Alghabra.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 02:03:46 PM »

Most of the Conservative party and half the Liberals would be good candidates, come to think of it.
albertagirl
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »

Nothing bad about Harper on here please.  Please respect the office of the Prime Minister. 

Omar is pretty bad, as well, I will second that one.  He is best friends with Mark Holland so what does that tell you.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

In terms of electability, I think Dion would have to be the very worst!
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »

Nothing bad about Harper on here please.  Please respect the office of the Prime Minister. 

Harper and the post of Prime Minister are two different things. I respect the institution, but I don't have much respect for the current person holding it.

Unless we live in Zimbabwe, I'm allowed, and we're allowed to say "bad things" about Harper or any other Tory, Grit, Dipper, or Bloquiste. Don't be ridiculous.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 07:40:44 AM »

Harper is far better than most Liberals IMO, not that I would ever support either party.

Omar is pretty bad, as well, I will second that one.  He is best friends with Mark Holland so what does that tell you.

I dont know much about Mr Holland, perhaps you can enlighten us.

I think the worst MP in Eastern Ontario has to be either Cheryl Gallant, or as Hashemite mentioned, Pierre Poillievre (he might have been referring to that other Nepean tory, John Baird though whom I know he doesn't care for). I'm not a big fan of Pierre Lemieux either. The Best MP is obviously my MP, Paul Dewar followed by my former MP David McGuinty *shudders to think I just said that*
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 07:46:36 AM »

I was talking about Pierre Poillievre. Though I hate John Baird too.

Mauril Belanger is a mediocre MP.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 09:47:32 AM »

Every single francophone MP.
albertagirl
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »

Stephen Harper, since he's behind everything mentioned in this thread. Or most.

I am not being ridiculous.  The quote from above has nothing to do with Harper being the worst MP.  You said that about Harper because you were making a partisan statement.  I bet you have never even been to Calgary Southwest - and he is my member of Parliament so I can tell you he is a far better MP than many of the Ontario MPs who hardly ever make it home from Ottawa, even though they live in the same province.   

Although my feelings on the Liberal Party are not hidden, I have made negative comments and admitted there were bad MPs within my own party.

What reasons do you have for Harper being a bad MP other than your own partisan bias?
I say Rob Anders is the worst because he neglects his constituents.  I say Mark Holland is bad because he refuses to meet with groups that take up too much of his time, and takes month long vacations, sometimes even when the House is sitting.  His attitude is arrogant and anyone watching QP can see that.

I thought this thread was supposed to be a discussion - and not a way for some pseudo-intellecutal liberal from Ontario to attack the Tory Party on a partisan basis. I'm sure there is another thread for that? 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »

Who is the "intellectual liberal from Ontario" in here?

To turn away from the attacks, I also nominate Wajid Khan, David Emerson, Garth Turner, and all dirty little scumbag opportunists.
missbrat155
Canada

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »

I think there is a innate tendency to attack the MP's from the party in opposition to our own, while defending those within our own party.

As a conservative myself, I will admit that there are several MP's within my own party whom I believe are worse than some MP's from other parties.   However, I also think that the general public has a predisposition to judge many of our members of parliament regardless of their political affiliations when, in reality, it is that - judging.  I believe that being an MP is a much more difficult job than most people understand, and that for the most part, many of them are just trying to do what they think is best for our country.  Naturally, there are a few who do not deserve the position by failing to represent their constituency.   Therefore, I think the worst MP's are those who do not live up to the expectations of their position and let the authority of their job get to their head, regardless of their party.

Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 11:22:55 PM »

Well put!
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »

I am not being ridiculous.  The quote from above has nothing to do with Harper being the worst MP.  You said that about Harper because you were making a partisan statement.  I bet you have never even been to Calgary Southwest - and he is my member of Parliament so I can tell you he is a far better MP than many of the Ontario MPs who hardly ever make it home from Ottawa, even though they live in the same province. 
I disapprove of Harper as PM. Therefore I disapprove of Harper as MP. I've been to Calgary twice, but only passing through.

And my MP is actually Gary Lunn, who actually fired someone who shut down a nuclear plant for safety reasons late least year. Maybe we should call him Homer Lunn or Gary Simpson. How about Gary Burns?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
He's a bad Prime Minister.

First, I'm not going to take false and personal attacks from anyone. Second, since this thread is about the worst MP, someone is going to be upset. Third, I could be considered a Red Tory. Too bad the PC Party got cannibalized. Fourth, other people are entitled to their opinions that may disagree from yours. And fifth, no there's no other thread for partisan attacks.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »

And my MP is actually Gary Lunn, who actually fired someone who shut down a nuclear plant for safety reasons late least year. Maybe we should call him Homer Lunn or Gary Simpson. How about Gary Burns?

Ah yes, Gary Lunn. I had forgotten about him. Another incompetent filthy trash.

And what he did was extremely wrong, wronger than idiot Bernier and his bikes or Emerson being an opportunist.
missbrat155
Canada

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 12:48:27 AM »

While you are entitled to your opinion - respectfully so, I would like to hear your opinions as to why you think he is a bad Prime Minister.  I often feel (as my previous post may have elucidated) that we tend to give out our opinions based on party membership without actually having reasons why we like someone as PM or MP, or not.  While I'm sure you have your reasons - I think the point albertagirl was trying to make is, what exactly are they?

I do respect your difference in opinion.  I would hate to see the day that Canada was reduced to a state of one party governance without the ability to debate as we are.  No one is going to like one prime minister (or MP) completely - especially if they belong to the party opposing our own.  Stephen Harper is by no means a perfect person.   What i'm interested in hearing is why exactly you don't like him, apart from a potential dislike due to the party he represents.  In terms of his contribution to Canada, I believe he has overall made an incredible beneficial impact to the progress of our nation.  I may not agree with everything he says or does, but I believe that fundamentally, his ideas and plans are sincerely to benefit Canada in the way he knows best.   

People are going to disagree.  But to make a statement that he is a bad PM needs some sort of reasoning behind it.  It bothers me sometimes (not directed towards any particular person), from the standpoint of someone from the general public, who just dabbles in politics, that people generally expect those in office to be perfect.  As soon as one person (whoever it is, regardless of party) makes a mistake (i must insert here, I mean a mistake which is not vitally significant - not something that, say, threatens national security), or says something wrong, they are completely massacred.   I know my own party does it to the other parties, just as they do to mine.  But the tendency to judge, from my standpoint, is incredibly frustrating.  The last time I checked, the criteria for being in politics did not include perfection.   Apologies for making mistakes - definitely.  Opinions should be given - and differences of opinons should be welcomed, but justification should also be supplied because critizing by saying that this person is a bad PM, gives an aire of judgement rather than a founded opinion.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »

Who is the "intellectual liberal from Ontario" in here?

To turn away from the attacks, I also nominate Wajid Khan, David Emerson, Garth Turner, and all dirty little scumbag opportunists.

Garth Turner is an interesting fellow. Can't say he's a bad guy. I don't mind so much MPs switching parties when they live in a marginal riding, because it means they can get re-elected (e.g. Brison, Stronach and probably Turner) but David Emerson doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. I hate Emerson with every bone in my body, I don't care if he's a freakin' Buddhist.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »

Garth Turner as a Conservative.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies