Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:39:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11  (Read 10998 times)
JNB

« on: September 04, 2004, 11:17:26 AM »

Americans are such a stupid people. They give Clinton 65% approval ratings despite the fact he broke the law, because their wallets at the time were fat, now they give this moron higher ratings because  of cowards on boats and the fact Bush wrapped himself in the American flag at the convetion. I swear since the late 60s, Americans have been slowly losing the ability to think for themselves.
JNB

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 11:25:07 AM »

Cowards for being tools of the GOP and not saying it, cowards for making up lies about Kerrys service. I do not care what the bitter John O Neil says, he is a bitter angry man who wants to settle a score with Kerry, and he despite what he says, he is fully advancing the GOP agenda, of course he wont say that, because that would be the truth.
JNB

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 11:27:24 AM »

No, because they want an ownership society, lower taxes, accountable schools, and security from Islamists.

Your president wants an ownership society? Then stop pushing policies such as unrestrained free trade and uncontrolled immigration that drive down wages. As long as your president continues to support the4se polices(and I am under no illusions that Kerry would be any better on these issues) then ownership will continue to be further concentrated in the hands of the elite.
JNB

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 11:29:16 AM »

Wasn't Gore down by this much even closer to the election?

He was still able to come back, Kerry can too if he gets a consisten campaign going again.

In mid Sept, Gore was down 5-13 points in the polls. He slowly clawed his way back, though Mr. Bush was helped by lowballing expectations at the debates, also Mr. Gore did not focus on economic populism as he should have, and that helped cost him WVA.
JNB

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 02:43:39 PM »

I guess a large majority of Americans are not prepared for a dynamic economy. I find many people who are employed but wgho are worried about their jobs, and they are what is called "skilled labor", from traditional blue collar positions to people with BSEE and business degrees. I know people who have degrees in economics that can not find employment either. But Jmcfcst, I guess all these people you figure are "little people", and you do not care if blue collar positions are outsourced to China, white collar positions are outsourced to India and a flood of cheap labor is insourced to America. Get enough "little people" p***ed off, then there will be a sea change in the political landscape of the US.

Lmcfcst, you and you ilk, many of you who call yourselves conservative are in the end nothing more than Social Darwinists, and unless there is an authoritarian govrenmnet in charge, Social Darwinism does not last for long.
JNB

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 02:46:21 PM »

I guess a large majority of Americans are not prepared for a dynamic economy. I find many people who are employed but wgho are worried about their jobs, and they are what is called "skilled labor", from traditional blue collar positions to people with BSEE and business degrees. I know people who have degrees in economics that can not find employment either. But Jmcfcst, I guess all these people you figure are "little people", and you do not care if blue collar positions are outsourced to China, white collar positions are outsourced to India and a flood of cheap labor is insourced to America. Get enough "little people" p***ed off, then there will be a sea change in the political landscape of the US.

Lmcfcst, you and you ilk, many of you who call yourselves conservative are in the end nothing more than Social Darwinists, and unless there is an authoritarian govrenmnet in charge, Social Darwinism does not last for long.

Also note, I said American gave criminal Clinton high ratings because their wallets were fat, and yes, I think this was sad as well, Americans are helpless sheep when it comes to thinking. They get their talking points from either Limbaugh/WSJ or the alphabet networks and the NYT.
JNB

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 05:55:15 PM »

How so? Because I call things like I see them? I said I am under no illusion that Kerry will be better on these issues, but I am sick of how so many self proclaimed conservatives claim uncontrolled immigration and "free" trade are good for this nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies