Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:53:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newsweek confirms Time Poll: Bush +11  (Read 10992 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: September 04, 2004, 11:50:51 AM »

This is real bad for Kerry.  Newsweek has had a slight pull in his favor so far this cycle.  Their last poll, from 7-29 to 7-30, had Kerry +8, the highest for Kerry at that time, and the second highest he has ever done.

As for Rasmussen, his hard weighting is design to stamp out sudden large movements.  

I agree, Kerry cannot go negative.  Edwards must, but Kerry needs to realize that just having a last name that is not Bush is not going to win him the White House.  He needs details and specifics, he needs a positive message and he needs it yesterday.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 01:12:21 PM »

That party breakdown is not hideously bad.  Some firms think the breakdown is about 38-38-24.  

Is the party ID by registration or self-identification?  Self IDs will likely skew away from Dems for a while following the convention.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 02:01:38 PM »

I have to admit, I first heard the party breakdown at +1 % Rep, not the 7% Vorlon has.  The only possible explanations are a slef ID highly skewed by the RNC or a bad sample.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 02:09:46 PM »

Never mind.  I just saw Vorlon's chart.  I thought he'd earlier said Rep +1.  My bad.

Yep, I remember that too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies