Obama plays the race card again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:33:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama plays the race card again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Obama plays the race card again.  (Read 6912 times)
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 03:30:45 PM »

Its basically true what hes saying but I dont really care for the fact that hes b!tching about it. Its going to happen...move on.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 03:58:11 PM »

Hahahahah!! The comments in this thread are a riot. His cult following, however, is the scariest thing i've seen in a while. Obama is clearly playing the race card, as he has this whole race. Of course, he could hold a rally with the Black Panthers and Jesse Jackson and you'd all accuse whites of playing the race card.

Wake up! He's got you all fooled!

He isn't the the "race" card no more then McCain is playing the "age" card.

Why does Obama continue to remind people he's black and he's different than everyone else if he isn't playing the race card? Good Lord, it's amazing how many of you can ignore the blatantly obvious. McCain isn't so much playing the age card as is everyone else with the 'McCain is old' jokes. He's not using his age as leverage either.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

Hahahahah!! The comments in this thread are a riot. His cult following, however, is the scariest thing i've seen in a while. Obama is clearly playing the race card, as he has this whole race. Of course, he could hold a rally with the Black Panthers and Jesse Jackson and you'd all accuse whites of playing the race card.

Wake up! He's got you all fooled!

He isn't the the "race" card no more then McCain is playing the "age" card.

Why does Obama continue to remind people he's black and he's different than everyone else if he isn't playing the race card? Good Lord, it's amazing how many of you can ignore the blatantly obvious. McCain isn't so much playing the age card as is everyone else with the 'McCain is old' jokes. He's not using his age as leverage either.

Ha, you really do have your head in the sand, don't you? In politics, as well as other arena's you use what defines you to your advantage. Why does John McCain always remind people that he was a POW? Because it is what defines him. Obama's race has a lot to due with what defined him, so he talks about it. It's really that simple.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »

I really would wish McCain would call him on his constant attempts to play the race card, and I wish his supporters would open their eyes and see the light in this regard.

Lets get one thing straight. Barack Obama is not, never has been and never will be a 'race card' politician. He's post-racial Smiley. He didn't play 'race' politics in his IL-01 primary challenge to Bobby Rush; he didn't in his US Senate campaign and he ain't doing it now. Obama is trying to take America forward into a new post-racial era

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, he doesn't

That's a ridiculous assertion. Why? Because it makes no sense

As if the Hawk would have endorsed Obama if he thought that he was just some black-identity political agitator running on grievances. You know me better than that, MODU Wink

Dave
[/quote]

Why should we all bow down to your judgement? Referring to your own opinions in the 3rd person do not really make them more convincing.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »

I really would wish McCain would call him on his constant attempts to play the race card, and I wish his supporters would open their eyes and see the light in this regard.

Lets get one thing straight. Barack Obama is not, never has been and never will be a 'race card' politician. He's post-racial Smiley. He didn't play 'race' politics in his IL-01 primary challenge to Bobby Rush; he didn't in his US Senate campaign and he ain't doing it now. Obama is trying to take America forward into a new post-racial era

Well, he doesn't

That's a ridiculous assertion. Why? Because it makes no sense

As if the Hawk would have endorsed Obama if he thought that he was just some black-identity political agitator running on grievances. You know me better than that, MODU Wink

Dave

Why should we all bow down to your judgement? Referring to your own opinions in the 3rd person do not really make them more convincing.
[/quote]

I don't think he was ever asking that everybody agree with him, or did I miss that part?
elcorazon

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

However, it was Obama (not McCain) that stated that he doesn't look like the others during his speech in Germany:

This crap is so annoying.  The more I hear him talk, the more I see a polished Jesse Jackson.  He' not trying to be post-anything.  He's stoking the fire, trying to reignite racial tensions for political gain.  But unlike Jackson, he does it with a cute little smile rather than a scowl.

Man, talk about reading a lot into nothing.  Wow!  And many complain about those who are "too politically correct" making a big deal out of nothing. 

Pot kettle black, my man.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

However, it was Obama (not McCain) that stated that he doesn't look like the others during his speech in Germany:

This crap is so annoying.  The more I hear him talk, the more I see a polished Jesse Jackson.  He' not trying to be post-anything.  He's stoking the fire, trying to reignite racial tensions for political gain.  But unlike Jackson, he does it with a cute little smile rather than a scowl.

Man, talk about reading a lot into nothing.  Wow!  And many complain about those who are "too politically correct" making a big deal out of nothing. 

Pot kettle black, my man.

The person who is comparing Obama with the "Americans who have previously spoken" and "all those other presidents on the dollar bills," is Obama, not McCain.  He's the guy making it an issue.  Yes, I have to conclude, Obama is playing the race card.
elcorazon

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »

I know who is saying what, J.J.  What I am saying is that those who are somehow offended by Obama's minor reference to his status as a man of color are doing the exact same thing as those who are overly politically correct. And that in many cases, it is the same people complaining about Obama's comments who are most opposed to political correctness.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 05:18:37 PM »

I know who is saying what, J.J.  What I am saying is that those who are somehow offended by Obama's minor reference to his status as a man of color are doing the exact same thing as those who are overly politically correct. And that in many cases, it is the same people complaining about Obama's comments who are most opposed to political correctness.

Obama started the race as a candidate who happened to be black.  I thought that was great; I referred to him as being "inclusive." 

Now he's, falsely, saying, ""So what [Bush and McCain are] going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."  No they are not; Obama is.

A number of people were troubled by Obama not having enough experience, certainly no executive experience; McCain's is scant, but still much greater.  A number of people were troubled by Obama relatively short time in government, even informally. 

I've become increasingly[/i] trouble by the lines he's drawing himself[/i].
elcorazon

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »

methinks you dost protest too much.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »

Just because you have an investment in a McCain presidency, it doesn't follow I do.  America already has a conservative Republican president and I'm not impressed. Given that McCain has shuffled that far to the right (I'm surprised he hasn't dislocated his hip), there is nothing to reassure me that he'd be any better

As far as both Obama and McCain are concerned, I'm gonna tell it like it is. You have your preference, I have mine. End of!

Dave
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

Given that McCain has shuffled that far to the right (I'm surprised he hasn't dislocated his hip)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ its funny because McCain is OLD!!!!!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

I don't think he was ever asking that everybody agree with him, or did I miss that part?

Exactly Smiley. Nevertheless when I see a good man being run down, I'm gonna wade in Wink

Dave
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 05:57:48 PM »

methinks you dost protest too much.

No, I started out with a relatively high opinion of Obama, to the point of being undecided in a race between Obama and Romney.  If the election were between those two, I'd be solidly behind Romney.  My opinion of Romney hasn't changed; my opinion of Obama has.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 06:01:43 PM »

I can't believe that anyone would give a  that Obama said this. Who cares? Besides do you really think attacking him on this would lead to a better America, muchless winning in November for you guys?(Blacks would probably get very pissed off at this)
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 06:22:55 PM »

No, I started out with a relatively high opinion of Obama, to the point of being undecided in a race between Obama and Romney.  If the election were between those two, I'd be solidly behind Romney.  My opinion of Romney hasn't changed; my opinion of Obama has.

Same, and I have voted for Obama against a Republican before.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »

I thought you were a Keyes booster. You do support Steve Sauerberg (sp), another no-chance conservative.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

I thought you were a Keyes booster. You do support Steve Sauerberg (sp), another no-chance conservative.

If HardrCafe was a keyes booster, I'd lose all respect for him entirely.  Sauerberg is nowhere near that level.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:16 PM »

If HardrCafe was a keyes booster, I'd lose all respect for him entirely.  Sauerberg is nowhere near that level.
That's a good point. Perhaps I was too quick to equate sure-fire loser IL Republicans with each other.

If HRC did vote for Obama, kudos to him for joining 40% of Republicans who rejected Keyes.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »

1. Sauerberg has lived here.
2. Sauerberg is not running to pay off past debt.
3. Sauerberg has not kicked his daughter out of the house while running as the "family values" candidate.
4. Sauerberg is not a celebrity attention whore.
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2008, 06:41:45 PM »

1. Sauerberg has lived here.
2. Sauerberg is not running to pay off past debt.
3. Sauerberg has not kicked his daughter out of the house while running as the "family values" candidate.
4. Sauerberg is not a celebrity attention whore.
And he's a semi-competent candidate, which Keyes was not. that said -- I'm still surprised that you voted for Obama in 2004.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »

It was the responsible thing to do at the time.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2008, 06:54:56 PM by sbane »

Republicans as always are overreacting. Obama is making these comments to downplay the role of the race card which will be played against him. The Mccain camp will not do it but considering he has the Rove team with him now I would not be surprised. But regardless of if Mccain does it or not, some republican 527 most definitely will. I mean they are already using it now asking questions like if we can "trust" Obama. What the F you think he is going to paint the white house black or something? You guys are as delusional as ludacris shiet.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »

Obama has withdrawn the remark.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

That's good, I do not think Obama should blame Mccain for the race-baiting that will go on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies